Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 27

Ammara-8

Goldie

Ammara-8

Posted: 25 November 2007 at 4:06pm | IP Logged

Ingredients:

$50 Hamburger

• 2 handful of wild mushrooms (Morel, Chanterelle, Shitake, etc), sliced into 1/4-inch strips
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp fresh thyme, stemmed
  • 1 1/2 oz cognac
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 oz foie gras, divided into 4 equal pieces
  • 2 lb. top quality hamburger
  • 1 x truffle (the mushroom version, not chocolate!), or 1 ounce truffle oil
  • 4 x freshly baked hamburger buns
  • 4 tbsp mayonnaise, ideally homemade
  • 1 handful baby herb salad, or chervil, or arugula

Directions:

$50 Hamburger

1. In a saut pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms and thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Saut for 10 minutes.
  2. Add cognac, let warm for 5 seconds and touch with a match to flamb. After flames die off, remove from heat and reserve.
  3. In a separate saut pan over high heat, add 1 piece of foie gras at a time. Sear on one side for 5 seconds, turn, then remove a few seconds later. Reserve.
  4. Season hamburger with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 eight-ounce mounds with a large indentation in the center of each mound. Place one piece of seared foie gras in the center of each mound and form a patty around the foie gras so that it is trapped in the middle.
  5. Grill or pan cook patties to your desired degree of doneness.
  6. Warm buns, then smear bottom half with mayonnaise, top with greens, add burger, top with wild mushrooms, shave a few truffle slices overtop (or drizzle with truffle oil), and serve. Go directly to hamburger heaven.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ask the chef, ask now (Page 6)" in Food, Drinks & Recipes forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Reddrose

Reddrose

Posted: 07 December 2007 at 4:13pm | IP Logged
Hi
Can sum1 pls help me wid a recipe. I dont knw d name of it, bt we usualy see it on tv. Its round and in syrup n looks sweet but when u eat it, its burns d mouth. I realy dont knw d name of it. But i saw it recently in d promo of Salam Zindgi. The main girl was eating it. Hope my message makes sense.

nidhi2013

IF-Sizzlerz

nidhi2013

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 13 December 2007 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Reddrose

Hi
Can sum1 pls help me wid a recipe. I dont knw d name of it, bt we usualy see it on tv. Its round and in syrup n looks sweet but when u eat it, its burns d mouth. I realy dont knw d name of it. But i saw it recently in d promo of Salam Zindgi. The main girl was eating it. Hope my message makes sense.

sorry dunnoOuch

if u find name then will try 2 help uEmbarrassedSmile

miss5stars

IF-Rockerz

miss5stars

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
does ne1 kno how to make..

LASSAN KA LADOO ??????

nidhi2013

IF-Sizzlerz

nidhi2013

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by miss5stars

LASSAN KA LADOO ??????

u mean green one?Embarrassed

miss5stars

IF-Rockerz

miss5stars

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:10pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by nidhi2013

LASSAN KA LADOO ??????

idk LOL i want to make it for my mom one day while shes at work cuz she luvs them soo much well all i kno is tht there in a ball shape nd the color is kinda greenish but not rele lol

lassan meaning garlic

nidhi2013

IF-Sizzlerz

nidhi2013

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:21pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by nidhi2013

LASSAN KA LADOO ??????

idk LOL i want to make it for my mom one day while shes at work cuz she luvs them soo much well all i kno is tht there in a ball shape nd the color is kinda greenish but not rele lol

lassan meaning garlic

i knw lassan is garlicLOL

i m pming Embarrassed

lightjo

lightjo

Posted: 08 January 2008 at 12:32am | IP Logged
hey can anyone give me the hawaain pizza or any yummy pizza recipe

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Food, Drinks & Recipes Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.