India-Forums

Ask the chef, ask now (Page 26)

Sejal. IF-Dazzler
Sejal.
Sejal.

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 7:41am | IP Logged
pls help me someone with recipes of pasta
i have already tried out some but they are spicy

so pls cud anyone tell me other recipes of pasta with another saucy flavour or something like that

thanx !!
sparkling_gems IF-Sizzlerz
sparkling_gems
sparkling_gems

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
I need recipe of tamarind rice once I had had at Tirupati temple as prasad. That was so yummy... the taste is still in my mouth. Pls help me to find the recipe.

Edited by sparkling_gems - 31 January 2014 at 10:09pm
BullsEye777 IF-Sizzlerz
BullsEye777
BullsEye777

Posted: 06 February 2014 at 3:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shanz_sejal

so pls cud anyone tell me other recipes of pasta with another saucy flavour or something like that

thanx !!

try white sauce recipes. though these are higher in calories than tomato base  ones, they are milder
Sejal. IF-Dazzler
Sejal.
Sejal.

Posted: 06 February 2014 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BullsEye777

Originally posted by shanz_sejal

thanx !!

try white sauce recipes. though these are higher in calories than tomato base  ones, they are milder

thnx !!... sure i'll try !
kavyasam IF-Rockerz
kavyasam
kavyasam

Posted: 13 March 2014 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sparkling_gems

I need recipe of tamarind rice once I had had at Tirupati temple as prasad. That was so yummy... the taste is still in my mouth. Pls help me to find the recipe.

You will need Puliyogre (Tamarind rice) paste or powder. MTR brand is good or any local brand should be fine.  Make rice with 2 cups rice and 4 cups water. that is 1 : 2 ratio.  Rice should not be mushy, the grains should be separate, so using less water helps. Let it cool completely.  If you use a pressure cooker one whistle should be enough.

Take a tbsp. of oil in a small wok. heat it. add mustard, curry leaves, peanuts. When the peanuts turn reddish brown turn off heat. Add about 2 tbsp. of the tamarind paste/powder.  If you have rasam powder handy adding a tsp of it gives a nice flavor. now mix it to the rice with light hands.

making your own tamarind rice paste is very tedious but always better to make to avoid all those additives used in ready made ones.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sid

Viniaschidamini Newbie
Viniaschidamini
Viniaschidamini

Posted: 26 April 2014 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Hi, I am about 70Kgs and have no problem with my weight. But since last 1 year i am getting a little fatty in the tummy region. So what kind of diet would be ideal for me to loosen belly fat?
jwaala Newbie
jwaala
jwaala

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 4:13am | IP Logged
   is baking cake on all the three racks of an otg  at the same time possible  in order to save time and electricity, waiting for a reply

Edited by jwaala - 22 May 2014 at 6:19am
richasnikon Newbie
richasnikon
richasnikon

Posted: 20 June 2014 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
I don't like snacks. When i feel hunger then i go to Vaango for healthy food. South Indian  are also very delicious .

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Food, Drinks & Recipes Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index