Page 1
Page   of 27
Page 3 Page 27

sparkling_gems

IF-Rockerz

sparkling_gems

Posted: 23 July 2007 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by iluvTD*

Sometimes when i get home from work or i really feel hungry but don't feel like making something big. What are some easy snacks i can make that only take a matter of a few minutes? I've always had this problem.

Any nice recipes? Please post here. Thanks!!Smile

Though maggie and noodles are very easy solution for this but I would advise you to go for Poha..

Ingredients :- (You can the quantity according to ur need and taste only.)

1 cup poha or chiwda (flaked rice)

1 cut onion

1 cup mixed vegetables cut in small cube size (you can use left over dry sabzi too.. infact I prefer making poha only when I have left over)

Oil  

Curry leaves, dry red chillies, mustard seeds etc. for tempering

Salt, and if you want turmeric and red chilie powder

Method :-

Wash poha in water 2-3 times and keep it aside in a sieve to strain the water.

Put pan on gas. Pour oil and let it heat, when oil gets hot, add dry red chillies mustard seeds and curry leaves when it starts roasting, add onions and do saut them. Then  add cooked vegetables (if you are using raw vegetables, then add some water and cover the lid and let it cook for few whiles) now add soaked poha .. mix them well and ready to eat..it takes hardly 10 minutes if you have vegetable cut ready with u.

Now you can garnish it with grated coconut, green coriander leaves etc.

Variation : Instead of poha, you can use bread cut into small tiniest pieces infact if you use the sidings of bread which we discard while making sandwiches..

I m sure you will love this.. please try this and let me have your opinion

enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Shikha H

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shivani003

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ask the chef, ask now (Page 2)" in Food, Drinks & Recipes forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Guardian Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Guardian Angel

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 26 July 2007 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angel_wings

Hello dear

here is one paneer sandwich recipe:

INGREDIENTS:

1 loaf Bread
1/2 cup grated Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
1 Tomatoes
1 Onions
2 Green chillies
1/4 tsp Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Butter as needed

How to make paneer sandwich

First of all chop onion, chillies and tomatoes.

Then mix the grated paneer with chopped vegetables , salt, red chilli powder and keep aside

Take 2 bread slices and butter them...putsome paneer mixture on one side and cover them with other.

Put this in sandwich toaster and until the bread turn crispy and brown

serve with ketchup

This sounds real good!!  I will try it for sure.  Thank you.

Guardian Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Guardian Angel

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 26 July 2007 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Would love to have a recipe for making Bhaturas. The ones from the web don't turn out so well for me. Embarrassed   Thanks a lot.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

fashe

nidhi2013

IF-Sizzlerz

nidhi2013

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 28 July 2007 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Guardian Angel

Would love to have a recipe for making Bhaturas. The ones from the web don't turn out so well for me. Embarrassed   Thanks a lot.

i hope this might help u diEmbarrassedSmile

requirements

5 cups flour        
1 cup yogurt 
1 tsp salt
2 tsps ghee
2 tsps sugar
1/2 tsp yeast OR 1 tsp baking soda

method

Sieve the flour and salt together. Mix yeast with half a cup luke warm water and keep aside for ten minutes. Mix ghee and sugar with flour. Add the yogurt and dissolved yeast or the baking soda. A little more luke warm water may be added if necessary. Knead well till the dough becomes soft and pliable. Use a little oil to knead well. 

Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for four hours.
Heat ghee in a frying pan. Make small balls and roll them, spread a little with your palms and fry in hot ghee until golden brown. Do not allow them to get brown. Serve hot with "Channa".

Edited by nidhi2013 - 28 July 2007 at 6:10pm

nidhi2013

IF-Sizzlerz

nidhi2013

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 28 July 2007 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kAsHa

Can u plz post picture for example for the paneer sandwich i dont know how it look

here is the pix of paneer sandwichTongue

Guardian Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Guardian Angel

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 28 July 2007 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nidhi2013

requirements

5 cups flour        
1 cup yogurt 
1 tsp salt
2 tsps ghee
2 tsps sugar

method

Sieve the flour and salt together. Mix yeast with half a cup luke warm water and keep aside for ten minutes. Mix ghee and sugar with flour. Add the yogurt and dissolved yeast or the baking soda. A little more luke warm water may be added if necessary. Knead well till the dough becomes soft and pliable. Use a little oil to knead well. 

Heat ghee in a frying pan. Make small balls and roll them, spread a little with your palms and fry in hot ghee until golden brown. Do not allow them to get brown. Serve hot with "Channa".

Thank you so much sweetieHug  I will try it soon.

sparkling_gems

IF-Rockerz

sparkling_gems

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nidhi2013

requirements

5 cups flour        
1 cup yogurt 
1 tsp salt
2 tsps ghee
2 tsps sugar

method

I would like to add a tip hope u wont mind... well if yeast is not available and you have no time to go out then u can take bread slice soak them in water and add the flour before making it a dough.. and u will see that bhaturas are as fluffy as u wanted them to be...

baby gal

baby gal

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
How do you make Kulfi LOL
if you know what it is!!!!!!
I love it alot its my Fav!!!!!!!!! Big smile

Chao! Wink

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Food, Drinks & Recipes Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.