Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shazia_haya thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hi, hey it's my first time coming here, to this section, I wanted to say/ advice something and kind of ask too...

When boiling egg, you can put a pint of salt in the water as well so that it boils well and better than it does when just boiling egg in water and it would turn out good. So far I've noticed it works but I would like to ask a few of you, how do you feel about that and if anyone does that too. Whenever we boil egg, we always do that. 😊

Sumra
nidhi2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
here is the recipe of badam kulfi πŸ˜›

Badam Kulfi (Ice Cream with Almonds)

Ingredients

1 cup almonds
1 (16 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (16 ounce) can evaporated milk
16 ounces whipping cream
1 pinch cardamom powder (optional)
Sugar to taste

Method :

Soak almonds in warm water; peel and blend. Add sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, whipping cream and sugar; mix thoroughly. Add cardamom powder; mix again. Put mixture into small single serving dishes. Freeze for 4 to 6 hours and serve.

nidhi2013 thumbnail
here is kesar kulfi recipe πŸ˜›

Ingredients
1 Litre Milk (full Cream)
1 Teaspoon Chhoti Elaichi (Green Cardomom) Fine Grounded.
2 pinches of Kesar(Saffron)
6 Tablespoons of Cheeni (Sugar)
20-25 Badaam( Almonds) cut into halves.
2 Table spoons of Grated Pista.

Method
Boil Milk so that it gets reduced to it's 1/4th of the original quantity taken.
Add Kesar to the Milk while boiling.
When the milk is reduced as directed, allow it to cool.
When cool, Add Sugar to the Milk, Mix it thoroughly.
Add Elaichi and Pista in it.
Put the Milk Mixture so prepared into Kulfi Moulds. (If you don't have Kulfi Moulds, you can pour the Kulfi mixture in Ice Trays)
Put the moulds in the freezer and allow the kulfi to set in the freezer.
sparkling_gems thumbnail
can i have recipe for khaman dhokla please?? 😊
nidhi2013 thumbnail
here is khaman dhokla recipe πŸ˜›

Ingredients
2 cup(s) Bengalgram flour (besan)
1 cup(s) yoghurt beaten till smooth
1 cup(s) warm water
salt to taste
1 teaspoon(s) green chilly paste
1 teaspoon(s) ginger paste
teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
1 teaspoon(s) oil
1 teaspoon(s) soda bi-carbonate
1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
2 tablespoons oil for seasoning
1 teaspoon(s) each of mustard and sesame seeds
grated coconut and finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish

Method

1. Place the gramflour in a bowl. Mix in the beaten yoghurt and warm water. Keep mixing well so that no lumps remain and the batter is smooth. Mix in salt to taste and keep aside for about 4 hours to ferment.
   2. Once fermented, mix in the green chilly paste, ginger paste and turmeric powder. Adjust the seasoning as per taste. Boil water in the steamer. Grease a metal dish (thali) or something like a cake mould.
   3. In a small bowl mix the oil, soda-bicarbonate and the lemon juice. Stir it into the gramflour batter and mix. Pour the batter immediately into the greased dish ( do not fill it to the brim as it will rise) and place it in the hot steamer. Steam for about 11 minutes or till done and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into it. Once it has cooled, cut into squares and place in a serving dish.
   4. Heat the oil for seasoning in a pan. Toss in the mustard seeds and fry till they splutter. Add the sesame seeds and fry briefly till they are light brown and aromatic. Pour this over the steamed dhoklas.

Tip

* Bengalgram flour is also known as chickpea flour
    * Green chillies can be increased or decreased as per taste.
    * It is very important that all preparations be done and kept ready before the step 3. The ingredients in step 3 have to be mixed in just before placing the batter in the steamer.
    * The dhoklas can be steamed in two batches in which case the ingredients to be mixed into the batter in step 3 should be divided into half and mixed into each batch just before steaming.
    * A pich of asafoetida powder can be sprinkled into the seasoning in the last step if desired.

Serve hot garnished with:

grated coconut and coriander leaves Green Chutney (Hari Chutney) and or tomato sauce.
Edited by nidhi2013 - 16 years ago
metou* thumbnail
ive always wanted to know how to make chocolate chip cookies...i love them but cant always be bothered to g out any buys them so wanted to learn how to make at home...can anyone help me? 😳

thanku very very much in advance πŸ€—

luv metoubearscrazy 😊
nidhi2013 thumbnail
Originally posted by: metoubearscrazy

ive always wanted to know how to make chocolate chip cookies...i love them but cant always be bothered to g out any buys them so wanted to learn how to make at home...can anyone help me? 😳

thanku very very much in advance πŸ€—

luv metoubearscrazy 😊

u want recipe with eggs or without it😊
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shazia_haya

Hi, hey it's my first time coming here, to this section, I wanted to say/ advice something and kind of ask too...

When boiling egg, you can put a pint of salt in the water as well so that it boils well and better than it does when just boiling egg in water and it would turn out good. So far I've noticed it works but I would like to ask a few of you, how do you feel about that and if anyone does that too. Whenever we boil egg, we always do that. 😊

Sumra

i hope you mean a PINCH of salt and not a PINT otherwise the egg will disappear only salty water will remain.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Guardian Angel thumbnail
Any good recipe for Uupma please???? 😳
nidhi2013 thumbnail

here is upama recipe πŸ˜›

Ingredients
2 cups of rava/sooji
cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon – skinless –split black gram
4-5 dry red chillies
1 teaspoon lemon juice
10-12 curry leaves
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoon ghee or oil
teaspoon mustard seeds
2 teaspoons of Salt or (as per taste)
4 cups of water.

For garnishing-

2 tablespoons fresh scraped coconut, 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves, 2 tablespoons pieces of cashew nuts.

Method
1) Roast dry sooji on low heat till it turns light golden. Remove from the heat.
2) In a kadai, heat oil, add mustard seeds, let them crackle, add black gram, fry it till turns pinkish.
3) Add chillies, curry leaves, cashew nuts and chopped onions, and fry till onion turns translucent.
4) Add water, salt, sugar, and ginger, lemon juice. Boil it. Lower the heat.
5) Add sooji in a flow, stir continuously to prevent lumps. Cover it with the lid.
Steam it for 5 minutes.
6) Garnish it with fresh coconut and coriander. Ready to serve.

Edited by nidhi2013 - 16 years ago