Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Delia

Delia

Posted: 02 August 2005 at 3:51am | IP Logged

hey everybody... i thought ( to fill up the wait for the 7th book), we could try to gather as many clues as possible from previous books as to what will happen in the final climatic book... for eg.. people, things, spells, happenings that are likely ( or unlikely, but still fun to wonder about) to happen in HP 7... so what do u'll think?

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE 6TH BOOK

ill start it off:

The locket - The R.A.B. and the unopenable locket in Grimmauld Place both point to Regulus being the mysterious Horcrux- destroyer. It is also possible that Voldemort found out about this and killed him, or he realised he was about to die anyway (from what, who knows) and decided to turn against Voldemort. Then again, if the locket was in Grimmauld Place (n.b. the HEADQUARTERS of the order, which is headed by Dumbledore), isnt it likely that Dumbles would have found the locket before? The remaining Horcruxes - snake (no problem, harry's also a parselmouth), the cup (likely hiding places?), the locket we assume has been un-horcruxed, or perhaps R.A.B didnt manage to destroy Voldemort's soul, in which case, Harry will undoubtedly find it and un-horcux it, what is the last one? the Ravenclaw one? speaking about Ravenclaw, Luna - she might have a part to play.... ever since she's been introduced, she's played a part in each battle... there's a possibilty that she could be important in the last book as well.... also, is it likely that Luna could help Harry figure out what the last Horcrux is, seeing as how she's in Ravenclaw? Hepzibah Smith - i just realised something... Hepzibah SMITH... Zacharius SMITH... HS is descended from Hufflepuff... ZS is in Hufflepuff.... could they be related... is it even important? can this help Harry figure out the Ravenclaw Horcrux? could Luna or Cho or Padma Patil, or anybody else we've been introduced to be related to Rowena Ravenclaw?  Neville- he's risen in importance in each book, esp since the 4th, when harry first finds out about his parents. it seems likely that he will also play a part in the final battle, perhaps killing Bellatrix. another thought occured to me: the Fidelius charm, or Secret Keeper - suppose harry employed a Secret Keeper to protect his whereabouts and his plans (is that even possible?)... who could it be? Neville? Ginny - there is no way  (at least, i hope not), Jo has introduced a love interest for harry, that too, a character present since Philosopher's Stone, only to kill is so quickly... as in... to stop writing about her... but what part will she play? Ron and Hermy - definately important characters in the last book-they always have been and they always will be, and theyre an item now... so should be fun reading about them.... but exactly how important will they be? will they continue to play second fiddle to Harry, or will they also have hitherto unknown powers? (this reminded me of Fred/ George's words about Ron's "hitherto unknown powers" uttered at the (somewhat) beggining of HBP) inferi- this suddenly struck me. voldemort thinks, or rather, believes, that like Dumbles, Harry's deepest weakness is his ability to love. dont u think it would be very Voldemort-y to employ as inferi Harry's parents, Sirius and Dumbles (characters who he knows Harry loves dearly) and use them against him? would harry be able to fight them? remember in GoF, they came to help him... love itself - Dumbles has continually stressed on the power of love, and how harry has so much of it. how important is it likely to be? Godric's Hollow- what will Harry find there? a possible clue to a Horcrux? Hagrid - he was the one who rescued harry from his parents' house, and he was also the one who introduced harry into the world in which he belongs... what part will he play in the last book? the Order- they are now leaderless, and it seems unlikely that they will now look upon McGonnagol as their leader, even if she does become Headmistress (assuming of course, that Hogwarts remains open). so will it disband? or who will emerge as a new leader? is Harry a possibilty, considering that the Order, or at least McG, knows that Dumbles has confided important stuff to him? Dumbledore - theories abound that Dumbles (forgive the repeated use of the abbreviation- Dumbledore is really too long to keep typing, and Albus seems almost irreverant) will contact Harry through the portrait. however, im not sure about this, but i think that when the heads of houses were discussing about the future of Hogwarts at the end of HBP, he declined to comment... and harry seems unlikely to come back to Hogwarts... so how much power will portrait Dumbles hold? the Weasleys - will they ever play a more important part in his battle with Voldy, than being a family to Harry, a family that Harry has never had. will Voldy realise the extent to which Harry is a part of the Weasleys, and will he do something to them? talking about family, theDursleys - in OotP, we saw a different side to Petunia Dursley, where she seemed to be less Mrs. Dursley, and more Lily's sister. HBP opens with the worlds of Muggles and magic intertwining. to what extent will the two worlds mix? will Petunia finally feel like Harry is her nephew, especially when she is confronted with the fact that the only remaining blood family she has, apart from Vernon and Dudley, might soon die? even if she does, what can or what will she do? will her love keep the charm Dumbles placed on her blood (or something like tht... u know what i mean) alive, so that Harry cannot be harmed by Voldy at all? speaking of the charm, now that Dumbles is dead, wont that charm be invalid? Snape - he killed Dumbles, the Order is now against him, theories abound that he killed Dumbles on the latter's orders, though it seems unlikely that anybody will believe that.... so what role will he play in 7? Snape reminds me of Occlumency - will Harry finally learn it? will Voldy use that connection between them to his advantage again, as he did in OotP? will Harry ever learn to distinguish between what is really in Voldy's head, and what he wants Harry to see? Malfoy - his character undergoes quite a change in 6- we all remember how he dropped the wand, and was reluctant to kill Dumbles. any possibilty that he will come over to the 'good' side?!?! (connection to previous point) if this happens, seeing as how he is good at Occlumency, will he help Harry master it? Wormtail - i remember quite clearly Dumbles telling Harry at the end of PoA that one day he would be glad he saved Wormtail's life... and we know from Chapter 2 (the one with Snape, Narcissa and Bellatrix, the one with the vow), that he is being horribly mistreated by the rest of the Death Eaters (or Snape at least), and it is also clear from Voldy's speech at the end of GoF that he doesnt think much of him... so what part will he play in the final battle? Priori Incantatem (spelling?) - i remember reading at the end of GoF that Harry and Voldy's wands wont work properly against each other. but now that Dumbles is dead, it seems likely that any power connected to his phoenix, or Fawkes, has ended. or not? will the two foes be able to do battle? Avada Kedavra - judging from previous points, i assume that Ginny, Ron, Hermy, Neville and Luna will be present at the final battle. it seems more than likely that they will do all they can to stop Voldy killing Harry. all of them love Harry, in different measures, and in different ways. will Voldy make the same mistake of killing somebody else who loves Harry in order to get to Harry? will the power of love work against Avada Kedavra again? assuming that Harry reaches a point where he is in a position to kill Voldy, will he be able to perform the curse, seeing as how he has never been able to even perform the Cruciatus curse properly? Slughorn - is his importance to the plot finished with the Horcrux memory or does he yet have a part to play? Lupin - same as above- is his part over- esp since he, along with Wormtail, make up the last remaining half of the Mauraders? the Ministry of Magic - will they ever leave him alone? or will they, in a surprising twist, come to harry's help? Umbridge - in HBP, we see repeated mentions of Umbridge's continued presence in the Ministry. has she yet a role to play? Harry's ambitions - assuming that he survives the final battle, will he finally become an Auror? then again, what point is there in harry becomming an Auror if Voldy himself has finally died?
  1. time span of the book - will this book stretch the standard one yr? is it possible for Harry to find all the Horcruxes, destroy them and find Voldy in one yr, when the rest of the wizarding world, including Dumbles, has been trying for years, and has not succeeded?

Have i forgotten anything? ppl, plz reply, and lets see how close we come to unearthing the mystery of the last book... two years... too long... i cant wait Wink

Edited by Delia - 02 August 2005 at 5:26am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "unearthing HP 7 (SPOILER WARNING)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Delia

Delia

Posted: 02 August 2005 at 3:54am | IP Logged
P.S. sorry about the length... i didnt relaise it was this long Embarrassed

meha

meha

Posted: 03 August 2005 at 2:10am | IP Logged
thankx very much i think u told a lot of stuff but maybe there r more hidden secrets!

ronit13

Goldie

ronit13

Posted: 03 August 2005 at 4:58am | IP Logged
thanx but i have i guess too i.e harry is a horcrux himself and he too have to die in the end to finish voldy when harry will kill voldy he will again enter into voldy and then ron hermione or ginny have to kill him ihope its not true but i am 99 persent sure it is something of gryfindoor

ronit13

Goldie

ronit13

Posted: 03 August 2005 at 5:00am | IP Logged
oh its all so confusingConfused

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 03 August 2005 at 7:09am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ronit13

thanx but i have i guess too i.e harry is a horcrux himself and he too have to die in the end to finish voldy when harry will kill voldy he will again enter into voldy and then ron hermione or ginny have to kill him ihope its not true but i am 99 persent sure it is something of gryfindoor

oh no!harry cant be a horcrux!i hope not!dumbledore has always been right!tho he did not mention abt harry being a horcrux,i am sure that it cant be!see,if voldy kills off harry then 1 of his horcruxes will be destroyed by himself!Confusedif hp is a horcrux,then why is voldy after him?

j y o t i

Goldie

j y o t i

Posted: 03 August 2005 at 4:09pm | IP Logged

wow thanx for all that info, most of it does seem like it is true, n by da way i DONT think that harry could be a horcrux

newayz itll be dumb to kill of the character the book is about

Delia

Delia

Posted: 04 August 2005 at 5:06am | IP Logged
even i dont think that Harry is a Horcrux. it just doesnt make sense. Voldy went after James and Lily in order to kill Harry, not because he wanted to kill them. hence, i think that voldy would have considered harry's death  significant, and not his parents'. besides, voldy had no idea that harry was even going to survive, so i dont think he intended to create a horcrux and then kill it. besides, for voldy to die, harry has to destroy all the horcruxes and THEN kill voldy. if he has to destroy all the horcruxes, hhe has to kill himslef first before killing voldy, and since only he can kill voldy, tht just doenst make sense. how can he kill voldy if he himself is dead? also, what about all of the love stuff. how can a piece of voldemort's soul reside in harry when voldy himself cannot possess harry without mortal agony?  

Post Reply New Post

Go to top