are celebrities considered celestial?

Posted: 16 years ago
richard geres interview in kwk was interesting and to the point. he said that he was amazed to see how celebrities in india are considered divine and peoples life are usually concentrated on celebrities. he can walk freely on the streets and no one will try to make him seem superior whereas srk cannot walk freely on streets. people would be all over him for autographs and as such. his statement was so true, hollywood actors and celebrties walk so freely on streets, in music stores and people dont haunt them. are celebrties considered divine in india? do you think this is right?Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago
what is celestial? πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

yepp.. they are very popular. Poeple have too much time to waste stalking them.
They get way too much attention. Sometimes, I pity them for lack of privacy.
Not just India, this happens here as well.. Filmstars are worshipped every where.. all that gitter, all that jazz..

Originally posted by raunaq

richard geres interview in kwk was interesting and to the point. he said that he was amazed to see how celebrities in india are considered divine and peoples life are usually concentrated on celebrities. he can walk freely on the streets and no one will try to make him seem superior whereas srk cannot walk freely on streets. people would be all over him for autographs and as such. his statement was so true, hollywood actors and celebrties walk so freely on streets, in music stores and people dont haunt them. are celebrties considered divine in india? do you think this is right?

Right people here admire but people in india worship celebrities... so thats right.... it may have to ldo with a lack of education for masses.. ....

😊

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

what is celestial? πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

yepp.. they are very popular. Poeple have too much time to waste stalking them.
They get way too much attention. Sometimes, I pity them for lack of privacy.
Not just India, this happens here as well.. Filmstars are worshipped every where.. all that gitter, all that jazz..

are you testing me teacher? 😭 i meant heavenly πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

are you serious? i thought it was different for hollywood celebrities, there are many celebrities i have heard to be roaming around like average human in common places but no one bothers haunting them, my friend saw this main lead guy from one of the movies dont remember the name though, on the street standing and when she told me, i asked her if no one spotted him, she said no one does this here πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

P.S if i ever see tom cruise or brad pitt, i will faint first and then would like to take a pic with them πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†, actually i will take pic first and then faint πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Right people here admire but people in india worship celebrities... so thats right.... it may have to ldo with a lack of education for masses.. ....

😊

i was thinking the same and thought may be thats the reason, so agree with you here 😊 Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago

Originally posted by raunaq

richard geres interview in kwk was interesting and to the point. he said that he was amazed to see how celebrities in india are considered divine and peoples life are usually concentrated on celebrities. he can walk freely on the streets and no one will try to make him seem superior whereas srk cannot walk freely on streets. people would be all over him for autographs and as such. his statement was so true, hollywood actors and celebrties walk so freely on streets, in music stores and people dont haunt them. are celebrties considered divine in india? do you think this is right?

Yeah! In India unnecessary importance is given to filmy film people! Infact I hate the way their privacy is disturbed!

The hype people create for Amitabh family,Rajanikanth(in Tamil Nadu) and Chiranjeevi(in AP) is really 🀒!!! Those stars are modest but the massess are really workless! The media hypes the things of those celebrities for their TRP's.

As long as these stars don't come into active politics nothing is alarming to common people! But the time they come into activie politics they spoil the beauty of politics! I like people of Kerala in this aspect! The appreciate the stars for their work in films but they don't entertain them in Politics!However Kerala got highest literacy rate,may be this is the reason for their maturity!

Cheers,

Mythili

Originally posted by qwertyesque

😊

Disagreed Sir, what is education to do with asking for autographs???

Does R. Gere can walk freely in LA like a normal person? NO... Oprah had once come to our cafeteria and cops had to come to control the crowd... becuase all uneducated people wanted to meet her - I don't think so.

Yes problems can be over populations in metros... infact in India. Passion of people that drives the liking. 

Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago

i am not sure celebrities are considered celestial bodies everywhere. 😊 at the classier parties in mumbai and delhi, i've seen folks not giving any ghas to these actors/ actresses. on the contrary, some of them espcially the actresses look pretty desperate if you ask me. πŸ˜‰

it all comes down in my opinion to whether we find them above/ below our station in life. if it's the former, then it's just usually blind adulation, same as for anyone we would see frequently on the screen. if it's the latter, then it's only for traits that we actually admire/ respect😊
Originally posted by chatbuster

i am not sure celebrities are considered celestial bodies everywhere. 😊 at the classier parties in mumbai and delhi, i've seen folks not giving any ghas to these actors/ actresses. on the contrary, some of them espcially the actresses look pretty desperate if you ask me. πŸ˜‰

why did i see this coming from a light year away πŸ˜‰
(celestial body and celestial distance)

Originally posted by chatbuster

it all comes down in my opinion to whether we find them above/ below our station in life. if it's the former, then it's just usually blind adulation, same as for anyone we would see frequently on the screen. if it's the latter, then it's only for traits that we actually admire/ respect😊

I have seen the same happening here in Dubai πŸ˜› In my case, half the time I don't recognise them immediately. I am like - this person looks familiar. Where have I seen him/her??? And you should see some of them trying to look from the corner of their eyes to see if people recognise them or not πŸ˜†