Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Good post Raunaq!
I had been thinking about this as well. Actually I had never been too great a fan of old music since I hadn't heard it too much and was neither very interested. But recenetly I was gifted 2 Cds of Kishore Kumar's songs. And to say the least, I LOVED it! And I am talking about lyrics more than anything else. So I got hooked to these old songs and started listening to them.... I even fell in love with Rajesh Khanna πŸ˜† πŸ˜† when I watched songs from Kati Patang and Aradhana on youtube.... He was quite a looker in his days 😳 ....As for lyrics, IMO it doesn't get more romantic than 'Jis Gali mein Tera Ghar' from Kati Patang......... I absolutely loved that song 😍 😍 ( I watched Kati Patang twice mostly for the songs..haiiii 😳 )

I was talking about the change in songs with my mom the other day coz I had just heard the song 'Aap mujhe achhe lagne lage, sapne sachhe lagne lage' . Recent equivalent for that song is Qt's fav songs of all times πŸ˜‰ Guess guess πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

But all said and done, there never was and there never will be an equivalent for 'Garam chai ki piyali' and 'Oonchi hai Building' πŸ˜‰ Some songs are beyond comparisons πŸ˜›

Edit: One last thing, I loved all the songs from Kati Patang, except their holi song. Coz for holi 'Do me a favor' takes the cake anyday πŸ˜†

Edited by Sound - 16 years ago
Sound thumbnail
Originally posted by: mcm226

omg🀣🀣..........raunaqwa,itne zabardast lyricswaale gaane😑 kaha sun liye tumneπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.....wo lyricist ka naam kya hai jisne itne zabardast gaane likhe hai??........back to the topic.............i like most of the old songs............they were melodious with good lyrics n sang by good singers.......... n modern days songs i like very few..............i liked music of Zubaida,Zakhm,Parineeta,2-3 songs from Paheli,1 song from Munnabhai(chann chann channan chhan),Vastav(meri duniya hai tujhme kahi)............

Mandu I like most of the songs you listed....
From this century's songs I love the Piyu Bole from Parineeta and Kuch to Hua Hai from KHNH. KANK title song also has wonderful lyrics.
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sound

Mandu I like most of the songs you listed....
From this century's songs I love the Piyu Bole from Parineeta and Kuch to Hua Hai from KHNH. KANK title song also has wonderful lyrics.

Mitwaa also has nice lyrics..

adding gangster soundtrack..
tu hi meri shab hai subah hai
bheegee bheegee see hai

Tanhayee from DCH is also very nice..
Crazy kiya re tops though πŸ˜‰

raunaq thumbnail
Originally posted by: mcm226

omg🀣🀣..........raunaqwa,itne zabardast lyricswaale gaane😑 kaha sun liye tumneπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

@ mandy and raj - music was out last week, i and one of my friends had a competition of who will get the cd first, unfortunately she won

i will reply more to other posts later

and dont forget aaja chaandni kootenge? why will someone crush a moon? idhar koi cooking lesson horaha hai? 🀒 🀒 🀒 Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago
Sound thumbnail
Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Mitwaa also has nice lyrics..

adding gangster soundtrack..
tu hi meri shab hai subah hai
bheegee bheegee see hai

Tanhayee from DCH is also very nice..
Crazy kiya re tops though πŸ˜‰

I don't like the picturization of mitwa...so I don't like that song muchπŸ˜†πŸ˜† What a reason to dislike, eh? I didn't like SRK and that whole stadium thing....
Overall, I am just biased against that movie....I didn't like KHNH much either, just that I like the song Kuch to Hua hai, Preity and Saif looked super cute falling in love.

See, I knew your favourite songπŸ˜†, I mentioned it in my post before the one you quoted me on!
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sound

See, I knew your favourite songπŸ˜†, I mentioned it in my post before the one you quoted me on!

U did sistah! πŸ‘
I remembered some more lovely lyrics songs

my dil goes mm..mmmmm.
tu hai meraa aasmaan
tauba tumhare yeh ishaare
tere liye hum hai jiye
all DDLJ ofcourse!!

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
OLD is GOLD............... 😊

raunaq thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

OLD is GOLD............... 😊

and new is eeeeew? πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

i always prefer news songs but lately these lyrics have made me appreciate old songs

Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: raunaq

and new is eeeeew? πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

i always prefer news songs but lately these lyrics have made me appreciate old songs

I like melodies..........when u hear most f the new songs alll high beat sounds and not a meaningful lyrixs.......bt some of new  song is good...like in 'Fanna' or atnan sami's new albams....😊