Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
what is happening to music industry in bollywood. i never appreciated old songs, always made jokes of old songs and music but for a while i had been noticing that new hindi songs are not having the indian taste in it. they are hindi with a smack of western music which is good but too much can make it lose its essence. i dont remmeber the example but i have listened to some of the indian songs and they dont sound hindi anymore. i am talking about bollywood songs. and whats wrong with the lyrics? Dead Dead Dead the new music of jhoom barabar jhoom is winsome but the lyrics leaves you in confusion i had a tiff with one of my folks when i started to let the steam off i was told that i dont understand love songs Ouch like chaand ki hai utaar li hai dono baliya, i mean hello does moon really having earings? Thumbs Downyeh raat badi chikni mat khel phisal jayega, how can the night be slippery? Dead Dead Dead yeh chaand ka chikna sabun kuch der mein gal jayega Dead Dead Dead are these the lyrics? Ouch i have been told that i have no idea how romantic songs are like Cry Cry Cry listening to such type of songs is as good as listening to the commentary of fashion show on radio, well i am just appalled at the way lyrics are made these days, i have started to appreciate lyrics to some extent Cry Cry Cry

so which is better, old indian music or the new indian music, i always prefer new songs over old songs but recently some lyrics have made me give a second thought Confused

Edited by raunaq - 23 May 2007 at 1:15pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "old songs vs new songs" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
raunaq, all I have to say about it is

CRAZZY kiya Re Wink ..

mcm226

IF-Sizzlerz

mcm226

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 1:49pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by raunaq

what is happening to music industry in bollywood. i never appreciated old songs, always made jokes of old songs and music but for a while i had been noticing that new hindi songs are not having the indian taste in it. they are hindi with a smack of western music which is good but too much can make it lose its essence. i dont remmeber the example but i have listened to some of the indian songs and they dont sound hindi anymore. i am talking about bollywood songs. and whats wrong with the lyrics? Dead Dead Dead the new music of jhoom barabar jhoom is winsome but the lyrics leaves you in confusion i had a tiff with one of my folks when i started to let the steam off i was told that i dont understand love songs Ouch like chaand ki hai utaar li hai dono baliya, i mean hello does moon really having earings? Thumbs Downyeh raat badi chikni mat khel phisal jayega, how can the night be slippery? Dead Dead Dead yeh chaand ka chikna sabun kuch der mein gal jayega Dead Dead Dead are these the lyrics? Ouch i have been told that i have no idea how romantic songs are like Cry Cry Cry listening to such type of songs is as good as listening to the commentary of fashion show on radio, well i am just appalled at the way lyrics are made these days, i have started to appreciate lyrics to some extent Cry Cry Cry

so which is better, old indian music or the new indian music, i always prefer new songs over old songs but recently some lyrics have made me give a second thought Confused

omgROFLROFL..........raunaqwa,itne zabardast lyricswaale gaaneAngry kaha sun liye tumneWinkLOLLOL.....wo lyricist ka naam kya hai jisne itne zabardast gaane likhe hai??........back to the topic.............i like most of the old songs............they were melodious with good lyrics n sang by good singers.......... n modern days songs i like very few..............i liked music of Zubaida,Zakhm,Parineeta,2-3 songs from Paheli,1 song from Munnabhai(chann chann channan chhan),Vastav(meri duniya hai tujhme kahi)............

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 2:03pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by raunaq

Metaphors, Raunaq, metaphors ROFL

I like a good song - phir chahey woh naya ho ya purana! And lyrics are very crucial to form an opinion in my case. I still remember how a single line in "Ek Ladki Ko Dekha To Aisa Laga" had me mesmerised and got me thinking...

"jaise narmee ki baat" Smile

Having said that, I have also found myself humming "What is mobile number?" DeadLOL

copperboom

copperboom

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
I'm a sucker for 90s music. My all time fav bollywood soundtrack is probably Aashiqui. Today, very few melodious songs are in movies.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
Wow Raunu, where did you hear all those songs.

Topic:

Comparatively Old songs made more sense as they were more like contextual conversion between the characters turned into song. Similar to Ramayana play narrated by Drama groups.However there were exceptions.

Today we have songs that appeal to masses for lighting beedi Wink or whatever, however we won't call exceptions but there are good number of songs that makes sense.

Preferences of OLD VS New(see response before this one) audience's, thats what counts for music directors, joh chalta hai wahi banta hai. Finally music is music, put any lyrics if it soothes your ears and musical nerves then koi problem nahi.

Edited by raj5000 - 23 May 2007 at 4:55pm

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by tania.ganguly

You wouldn't find a Gulzaar in the new era

Beedi jalaile jigar se piya Wink

lol maya..  It is Gulzar's!
I love that particular song LOLLOL.  Now DB can kill me. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top