Members Lounge

Mod of the Week - an interesting idea (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

mango-frost

IF-Stunnerz

mango-frost

Posted: 22 May 2007 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
interesting idea...

how about not every week, cuz it wud be really difficult....but every month?

it wud be interesting if it cud happen...i quite liked that idea actually Tongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mod of the Week - an interesting idea (Page 2)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

buttercup

IF-Veteran Member

buttercup

Posted: 22 May 2007 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
How abt having admin of the week and send andyz mommy to vaccations Embarrassed

rocker1

IF-Rockerz

rocker1

Posted: 22 May 2007 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the response everyone. Oh well, it was a brainstorm that I wanted to share on here - although I do agree that there are many technicalities that need to be considered.

For instance, the issue that changing member status every week wouldn't be feasible. But as srk_lover suggests, we could probably have a longer duration - like viewbie of the fortnight, or the month. That would be less of a burden on the admin and be less of a confusion for members, and also address some of the concerns that others have raised - such as 1 week would be too less to get used to the job, or too less for people to take them seriously.

The idea does come with certain constraints, but nothing that can't be adressed. It may not seem feasible now, but it could be one for the future.

P.S. Nice discussion, by the way, although I seem to be the only non Dev Team member in this thread LOL. Can we move this topic to the DM section - just to see what other people think of the idea, regardless of whether or not it can be implemented Smile

rocker1

IF-Rockerz

rocker1

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 1:49am | IP Logged
By the way, some people have privately mentioned that I've brought up this idea as I want to be a viewbie myself. I want to clarify that that is not the case. It is simply an idea I found worth considering, as it makes regular members feel like an important part of the forum, and can be conducive to a closer relationship between the Dev Team and the regular members of this forum. Even if the idea is tried out, I declare myself unavailable for consideration for any such position.

Hope that takes the focus away from me and towards the concept itself.

DeviatedTesoro.

Viewbie

DeviatedTesoro.

Reliable CC Captain, BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 4:38am | IP Logged
i like the idea but it gonna be a load on the Admins for the Status change every week! Embarrassed Big smile

DeviatedTesoro.

Viewbie

DeviatedTesoro.

Reliable CC Captain, BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 4:39am | IP Logged

Originally posted by buttercup

How abt having admin of the week and send andyz mommy to vaccations Embarrassed

good idea butter di....I reallyyy like it.Wink

sree

IF-Veteran Member

sree

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 6:00am | IP Logged
OK, so the moral of the story is , i am getting a well deserved vacation ticket from Vijay.. EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedLol!!!

Anyways, now back to the serious part of this discussion... Shady, this is not feasible yaar.. We as  Admins cannot keep track of the members working as Mod for a Week/Viewbie for a Week... It will be a huge burden on us to keep a check on the way they operate.. This wil be a tough job for us... Though the idea was unique and we did brainstorm on it, this looks like, an idea which cannot be implemented... Embarrassed

-Nadii-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nadii-

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 9:14am | IP Logged
I find it bery interesting
but like all other said,, It will be a lot trouble for the admin... Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top