Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

rocker1

IF-Rockerz

rocker1

Posted: 22 May 2007 at 8:06pm | IP Logged

I was watching Anil Kapoor's movie, Nayak, where he complains to the Chief Minister Amrish Puri about all the problems in the state, and the CM says, "Why don't you become CM for a day?". And I thought, what a cool idea!

Why not have something like that in India Forums? Start something like Mod of the Week, where you give one member an opportunity to be a Viewbie for a section for a week, to experience first hand how hard the Dev Team works to keep this forum running. That way, people will begin to appreciate them more. Only the well behaved and rule-following members could be given the opportunity to be viewbie of the week, which would also work as an incentive for other members to behave themselves if they want a shot at it too.

I think it would be very interesting and add some life to the different sections. Every week, people would look forward to find out who is the Viewbie of the Week, like how we do when it comes to Member of the Week.

I understand that it can be slightly problematic if viewbies don't behave, but like I said, only trustable members can be given that opportunity. Also, if a viewbie looks like creating trouble, his chance can be cut short that very moment, and not wait for the end of the week. This is also the reason I suggested Viewbie instead of Moderator. Viewbies will not be able to ban anyone, and will always be under the watchful eye of a Mod.

So, what do you think of this idea? Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

siddh_v

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mod of the Week - an interesting idea" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kiran.

IF-Veteran Member

Kiran.

Star Plus Channel

Posted: 22 May 2007 at 8:33pm | IP Logged

Sree di ko toh ek hee kaam reh jaayega, setting and removing viewbie rightsLOL

Bhaskar.T

IF-Sizzlerz

Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 22 May 2007 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shadyhtown

So, what do you think of this idea? Tongue

Well Shady interesting idea I must say. But that was a three hour movie, here we have a real virtual life to look at. LOL

For anyone, whether a new member, or a dev team member it takes a while to settle down and feel comfortable. Seven days gets over even before we have blinked a few times. LOL

Practically, I dont think this is possible for the simple following reasons:

1. There will always be discontent between member when one is selected over another.

2. Giving a member the rights and taking it back every week will becomes very tiresome for the administration. Already they are overloaded and adding this extra load don't seem a good idea at all.

3. Along with the title comes a lot of responsibility, and being a Dev Team member one becomes privy to classified informations on section functioning as well. They will then become common knowledge, and affect regular functioning of sections or even affect members if by any chance such information is misused.

4. There are plenty of MOTW's and ohter games around to keep sections happy. Having this will increase the workload of the existing dev team to keep an eye.

Reel life stories get over in 3 hours, but here even a misuse of just 20 minutes can have 3 months of after effects.

Therefore though I appreciate your innovative idea, I personally as a Dev Team member feel it can cause more trouble between members, sections and is not practically  feasible. Dev team work is serious work, it cant be diluted this way.

smallwonder

IF-Veteran Member

smallwonder

Posted: 22 May 2007 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
i dont agree with this idea... wud only cause confusion... one week as a mod Confused u need more than that to get settled with ur section as a dev team member... it cant be changing every week...

buttercup

IF-Veteran Member

buttercup

Posted: 22 May 2007 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
Now also viewbies doesnt have the right to ban, only Gms can!!! LOL LOL

Im sure dev team cannot take more much confusions and troubles more than what we are taking nowLOL

ammmu

IF-Veteran Member

ammmu

Posted: 22 May 2007 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Shady ji that's a very interesting idea Smile

Although as Bhaskar Bhai said, it's real trouble for Admins to set the permissions already with each promotion.. and to do it every week will be much more to the workload LOL

And picking random members doesn't necessarily work, do not know them and therefore being a Viewbie for a week may cause problems as they may not know what to do.

And so and so on... but this is the first time i've seen this LOL interesting!!

smallwonder

IF-Veteran Member

smallwonder

Posted: 22 May 2007 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Another thing is that if you are a mod for one week, who would listen to you in the forum Confused Most people may not honor your decisions...

And secondly, there are many borderline issues - which are at the discretion of the Dev Team - how to act on them... Now one mod may react in a certain way and next week, you have a new mod and he tackles the same situation in the opposite manner... Then you have members questioning you that why was it allowed last time and not now... So you say - last time he was the mod, this week i am LOLLOL

Edited by smallwonder - 22 May 2007 at 10:25pm

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 22 May 2007 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
So Shady is back.. Big smile

Okie back to the idea well its not feasible for us to keep changing members status everyweek. Ouch

Cheers,
Vijay

Post Reply New Post

Go to top