Asian Shows
Asian Shows

India-Forums

The Best Show Ever? (Page 3)

pj04 IF-Veteran Member
pj04
pj04

Posted: 28 June 2007 at 9:51am | IP Logged

music89: you are on episode 11....so here is a short summary to come....chae rin tries to break them off....but chunhyand takes a stand and tells her off....she also breaks off with mr byun making him extremely mad...he asks her if mong ryong was gone , would she accept him(he has gone completely dark...yet he is suffering). he frames mong ryong for a unpardonable crime, his father is on verge of suicide...chunhyang is forced to divorce mong , get engaged with byun and leave for japan. mong is heartbroken since he does not understand her.she tricks byun and escapes from airport ...she goes in hiding.(the best part of the show)few years later...byun is still searching for her while maintaining the facade that she is in japan, mong refuses to date and lives in her memories, btw he has become a DA. thier friends get married and everyone ends up at wedding(mong and byun) to catch a glimpse of chun since they are sure she will not miss wedding.she arrives and leaves a present, byun catches her. the friends put one and one together and understand she is not living with byun spurring mong into looking for her. he meets her by chance (a car accident)...soon the fight is up again. in short episode 15-17 are fabulous.i think you see how much suffering love has brought to all three of them. all of them are just existing and living listlessly. also oddly none of them is ready to move on now or ever. you pity all of them more and more . i think what i like about the show was the dealing of mr byun's character ...he is grey but not black, mong's persistance...he gets more mature but he still pursues her relentlessly (i loved it when he tricks her into meeting again and again in hope of rekindling old feelings). i think jae hee shines in these last episodes.

Edited by pj04 - 29 June 2007 at 5:50pm
music89 Groupbie
music89
music89

Posted: 29 June 2007 at 8:22am | IP Logged
thanks a ton puja!!!!!
i think i m gonna fwd some sad parts... altho i feel moved with all the crying... im not in the mood for it now... so im gonna skip to the part which happens 5 years later when moong is lookin for choon and watch it from there :D

thanks a lott though!!!! :D

Edited by music89 - 29 June 2007 at 8:31am
pj04 IF-Veteran Member
pj04
pj04

Posted: 29 June 2007 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
i just thought back , even my girl has few years later scenerio.i am sure you will see the difference in both the shows. mong is almost dazed (ready to cry ) even when he first hears her voice . he acts all cocky but is really very scared of losing her again. he creates a situation where he has to spend the night at her room but is sorely disappointed when she does not come. he weeps when he sees her scrapebook full of his photos and i love yous .chun acts all uncaring but gazes at his face when he is not looking.there are a number of awkward moments when mong puts her on spot or when they are alone not knowing where to start. i think my girl went more explicit when handling the meeting.
ih8desippl Newbie
ih8desippl
ih8desippl

Posted: 02 July 2007 at 12:29am | IP Logged
hmm... the best show ever? well there's so many out there but i have to say--
full house and hana-kimi
other shows that are good also would be:
devil beside you- the ending dragged on
it started with a kiss- the main female lead was such a doormat!
prince turns to frog
smiling pasta
nobuta wo produce
my girl-hilarious but did not need a 2yr leap
MNMS Goldie
MNMS
MNMS

Posted: 06 July 2007 at 7:18am | IP Logged
I have finished ISWAK ... and its a good show. But I dont like Xiang Qin's character Ouch
pj04 IF-Veteran Member
pj04
pj04

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 7:06am | IP Logged
MNMS: true xiang qin's character is more like a doormat but most asian shows have very poor female characterization. i have yet to come across a female character (barring chun hyang in DG and makino in HYD) that i like or is balanced.
   on the other hand , she is a perfect foil for zhi shu. both of them are at the extremes of the spectrum. one is abnormally cold while other is abnormally cheerful. incidentally she doesgrow a backbone eventually even though she still craves zhi's approvalon everything later in manga. probably you will see that side of her in upcoming sequel.
MNMS Goldie
MNMS
MNMS

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 7:55am | IP Logged
I agree PJ. The thing which literally bugged me most was her silly attitude all the time. The consistancy in her "Stupidity" was a bit unrealistic. I found ISWAK close to reality [of course it has its share of drama.. how can they avoid those tears Wink LOL ] The depth of story is FAB. Some characters are very strong and deep. But really..I was craving for some growth/maturity in Xiang Qin ..after all the story is set in 5 years of time. She was a teen and then became an adult. People generally do learn from things/experiances. This was lacking .. or may be its just me Ouch

I liked ISWAK for its cute presentation and good humor. I personally like strong female characters.. [and they dont need to be serious like a Hitler decendent LOL ] They can be funny, cheerful, naughty, full of life..and still be strong! This is what happens in real life. Why females are so abnormally shown in serials Ouch either she is silliest person of the world, or she is the most serious person in history Ouch Ouch

Sorry for long post.. but I had to blabber about ISWAK LOL Its one of my fav. Tongue
pj04 IF-Veteran Member
pj04
pj04

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:41am | IP Logged
It might interest you to know that there is a reason behind why ISWAK is comparitively realistic and the original manga had comparitively deeper characters.The manga "itazura na kiss" is based on the real life experiences of its writer. apparently it is her owns story (may be an exxagerated version of truth).
as for silliness...asians stereotype(koreans being an exception since historically they gave more power to women) thier women by being innocent (displayed as silliness),family oriented, submissive and full of optimism.they are constantly dependent on menfolks and measure thier successes in life by the happiness and approval of thier spouses. the mangas follow the trend and hence you have got weak female characters (pick any manga and you will see it). even strong decision makers like in hanakimi eventually end up depending on men in thier life.
   since tw shows are strongly influenced by stereotype and they follow manga indiscriminately unlike japs who add a lot of depth to each character, you are forced to see extremely silly women in tw dramas

Go to top