The Best Show Ever? - Page 2

Posted: 16 years ago
@pj04: i have to agree with you...i thought sam soon wasnt as good as everyone made it out to be.....although i loved hyun bin and daniel henney, i wasnt too keen on the storyline, nonetheless it is a good watch but not one of my favs😆
all are good...as in at some point or the other.. they have the power in them to move u but the bestt..

taiwanese.. ISWAK!
korean... my girl(veryyyy funny!!!)
jap... hana yori dango THANKS TO PUJA FOR MOTIVATING ME TO WATCH THIS!!!! THIS IS AWESOMEE!!! DONT MISS IT ON ANY ACCT! :)

o btw.. puja... have u seen my girl yet???
music89: kill me dear but i did not like my girl much mostly due to traditional quadrangle and cliche situations(though he male cast was wonderfully good looking) ..my fav korea shows are...
1)full house(cliche story but very playful...bi adds an sunny aspect by his immaturity)
2)delightful girl (cannot rave enough about this one...there is something very sweet and bitter about the storyline, the characters are very well developed)
3) goong (the show is great in every aspect)
4)hard tack teacher and star candy (liked the unconventional story though it was a little draggy)

i was okay with 18 vs 29 (the story development is very realistic though, the male lead is not handsome and female lead borders on irritating),my name is kim samsoon (slightly mature version of full house, lacked chemistry between the leads ), my girl (okay but as i said too much of a cliche), sweet 18(okay on all accounts, end got a little draggy),my lovely patzi (interesting story though the end was anticlimatic)

as for taiwanese ....i suggest in that order...
1)my lucky star (love it , the character development and storyline is great , however you will have to wait for the subbed version to come out . it is a sublime project)
2) smiling pasta(nicholas is great , cyndi is irritating but the story is very lighthearted so it is fun to watch)
3)summer x summer (kill me but i love this one...probably becoz of ethan and joe...the male character development is great , the female borders on irritating but things get better later)
4)why why love (mature version of triangle love story, still airing , cute cast)
4)mars (if you can stand barbie unlike me),
5)silence(though tragic , vic chou really shines in this one),
6)prince turns to frog (cute cast though cliche indian storyline)
7) magicians of love (cute cast , cliche indian storyline...did not really enjoy it much)
hmm well.. i am watching delightful girl right now.. and altho everything is gr8.. and i am on ep 11.. (they have confessed their love to each other but the two sidees are creating a plan to seperate them) i cant bring myself to continue watching this show. its gonna be the same old cliche... they will seperate and then get back together(rite?) if u wud kind enuf to tell me how this story will be diff/worth watching then i wud really appreciate it!

also.. my girl.. well that was one of the first series i watched with the quadrangle story... so i wasnt so bored with that kinda of story line.. but lee da he cracked me up soooo much in the first few episodes! OMG IT WAS HILARIOUS!!! plus... all everyone was sooo goodlookin..specially lee dong(or smthn) and lee jun ki and lee da hae (all lee's huh?!) !! :D

music89: you are on episode 11....so here is a short summary to come....chae rin tries to break them off....but chunhyand takes a stand and tells her off....she also breaks off with mr byun making him extremely mad...he asks her if mong ryong was gone , would she accept him(he has gone completely dark...yet he is suffering). he frames mong ryong for a unpardonable crime, his father is on verge of suicide...chunhyang is forced to divorce mong , get engaged with byun and leave for japan. mong is heartbroken since he does not understand her.she tricks byun and escapes from airport ...she goes in hiding.(the best part of the show)few years later...byun is still searching for her while maintaining the facade that she is in japan, mong refuses to date and lives in her memories, btw he has become a DA. thier friends get married and everyone ends up at wedding(mong and byun) to catch a glimpse of chun since they are sure she will not miss wedding.she arrives and leaves a present, byun catches her. the friends put one and one together and understand she is not living with byun spurring mong into looking for her. he meets her by chance (a car accident)...soon the fight is up again. in short episode 15-17 are fabulous.i think you see how much suffering love has brought to all three of them. all of them are just existing and living listlessly. also oddly none of them is ready to move on now or ever. you pity all of them more and more . i think what i like about the show was the dealing of mr byun's character ...he is grey but not black, mong's persistance...he gets more mature but he still pursues her relentlessly (i loved it when he tricks her into meeting again and again in hope of rekindling old feelings). i think jae hee shines in these last episodes.

Edited by pj04 - 16 years ago
thanks a ton puja!!!!!
i think i m gonna fwd some sad parts... altho i feel moved with all the crying... im not in the mood for it now... so im gonna skip to the part which happens 5 years later when moong is lookin for choon and watch it from there :D

thanks a lott though!!!! :DEdited by music89 - 16 years ago
i just thought back , even my girl has few years later scenerio.i am sure you will see the difference in both the shows. mong is almost dazed (ready to cry ) even when he first hears her voice . he acts all cocky but is really very scared of losing her again. he creates a situation where he has to spend the night at her room but is sorely disappointed when she does not come. he weeps when he sees her scrapebook full of his photos and i love yous .chun acts all uncaring but gazes at his face when he is not looking.there are a number of awkward moments when mong puts her on spot or when they are alone not knowing where to start. i think my girl went more explicit when handling the meeting.
hmm... the best show ever? well there's so many out there but i have to say--
full house and hana-kimi
other shows that are good also would be:
devil beside you- the ending dragged on
it started with a kiss- the main female lead was such a doormat!
prince turns to frog
smiling pasta
nobuta wo produce
my girl-hilarious but did not need a 2yr leap
I have finished ISWAK ... and its a good show. But I dont like Xiang Qin's character
MNMS: true xiang qin's character is more like a doormat but most asian shows have very poor female characterization. i have yet to come across a female character (barring chun hyang in DG and makino in HYD) that i like or is balanced.
   on the other hand , she is a perfect foil for zhi shu. both of them are at the extremes of the spectrum. one is abnormally cold while other is abnormally cheerful. incidentally she doesgrow a backbone eventually even though she still craves zhi's approvalon everything later in manga. probably you will see that side of her in upcoming sequel.