Debate Mansion

Success in life = business proposition? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 07 September 2007 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
Interesting and nice post Jone!
It supports my personal observations as well Smile .

1. People happy in personal life make better professionals.

2. Career-oriented smart plan people can ahead and being qualified, such planning is not hard. They perform well in both and are looked up to . If their profession and their spouse's financial capacity allows them to take time off and coming back, why not?  This actually is coming back, since the person is QUALIFIED right from the beginning,  as opposed to going to school after children and starting at that point.  Both these have certain degree of hardness, yet the former has a sense of sacrifice to it.  That's where Sudha / actress Kajol fits. 
(one comment on the example however - in sudha's case / similar cases , it is easier given it was their own business and the assurance of a come back instead of getting driven out of the career field in few years time)
Some careers are not so easy on women, and these women could fall behind the race and could very well be forgotten in spite of being qualified.. It is harder for them to PUT PERSONAL HAPPINESS ahead of PROFESSIONAL happiness.

3. Some jobs start after family responsibilities are over and one has a content famly-life. A friend of mine, a nurse from india, who actually worked as a door monitor is now a financial consultant after dabbling in real estate agency and insurance agency.   I think that some jobs don't demand dedication to the same field for years or an outstanding educational qualification to be able to do so.    The ones that do, will not accept a few years of gap in the resume Embarrassed.   In fact, my previous boss took care of his children and sustained with fewer grants and lesser work force and fewer projects for 10 years, since his wife could not have taken time off at that point in her career.  I applaud both of them. 

Since this is not a man-woman topic  thankfully LOL , I'll sum up by saying that some careers / jobs allow for PERSONAL time off , personal happiness and yet professional opportunity, while some don't. No generalization there. One constant factor no matter whether you are Sudha Murthy / Sudha Chandran / Dr. Murthy, personal happiness reflects in profession.   

HAPPY FAMILY / HAPPY FRIENDS will make HAPPY PROFESSIONALS
Smile

Edited by mermaid_QT - 07 September 2007 at 4:51pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Success in life = business proposition? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 11 September 2007 at 4:42pm | IP Logged

Response inlined in bold below. Thanks!

Originally posted by jone_jonathan

Hi

Hello and Welcome to DM!

I guess your trying relate Personal life success to Business success.If yes may be you can read this.

Yes! Sure .. galanced your posts..liked it and let me respond and give a deeper thoughtSmile

Well, most of the times this can be right, no doubt. Business requires commitment,hardwork,focus,etc. Which is the same required for Personal success.

Absolutely!

But any Business requires 4Ms
1. Man
2. Material
3. Machine
4. Money

Together with this and the talent you use, then success is not too far. Leveraging these into your personal life may not seem optimal at all times right? Smile

No I disagee!  let me relate these four pesonal life concept.

1. Man -> Resources, living being at home husband/wive/kids/parents.

2. Material -> Thoughts, Skills, intellegence.

3. Machine -> Things that facilitate in organising / planning / time management / keeping heathy etc...

4. Money - > Oneself (investing one self, is kind of money in that term)

Definitely both can be closely associated.
1. Both need workflow - I mean a system where time has to be given to both to carry on.
2. Being punctual.
3. Responsible equally for both & many more.

Now thats what I am talking about...

But let me give a case of a great success in Business as well as in Personal Life.

Infosys Chairman Mr.Narayan Murthy and his wife Mrs.Sudha Murthy achieved success in both personal & Business.
Sudha Murthy was actually much more qualified than Narayan Murthy.But they got married.Narayan wanted to setup his Business, where Sudha approached that she could assist in his Business. But she was not allowed to enter in the Business even though she was better qualified.The reason to this is very good - Narayan didnt want their personal life to be affected because of this. Meaning he wanted their children to grow well and wanted them to be taken care well by Sudha. Even though success could have been achieved easily working with Sudha, Narayan insisted on personal life success as well.

This case suggests even though Business life was not given importance in the beginning, it emerged as the best in Business.

My take on this will be - both share lots of qualities but Personal life decisions matter more than anything.
I hope this reply has something to point out in this forum? Big smile

Yes, example was educative... but again am trying to point out if fundas of business like you mentioned processes, risk assistment, planning are implied by household members o say by household then goals can be achieved sucessfully...

Regards
Thumbs Up

Thanks fo response!

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 11 September 2007 at 4:43pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Interesting and nice post Jone!
It supports my personal observations as well Smile .

1. People happy in personal life make better professionals.

2. Career-oriented smart plan people can ahead and being qualified, such planning is not hard. They perform well in both and are looked up to . If their profession and their spouse's financial capacity allows them to take time off and coming back, why not?  This actually is coming back, since the person is QUALIFIED right from the beginning,  as opposed to going to school after children and starting at that point.  Both these have certain degree of hardness, yet the former has a sense of sacrifice to it.  That's where Sudha / actress Kajol fits. 
(one comment on the example however - in sudha's case / similar cases , it is easier given it was their own business and the assurance of a come back instead of getting driven out of the career field in few years time)
Some careers are not so easy on women, and these women could fall behind the race and could very well be forgotten in spite of being qualified.. It is harder for them to PUT PERSONAL HAPPINESS ahead of PROFESSIONAL happiness.

3. Some jobs start after family responsibilities are over and one has a content famly-life. A friend of mine, a nurse from india, who actually worked as a door monitor is now a financial consultant after dabbling in real estate agency and insurance agency.   I think that some jobs don't demand dedication to the same field for years or an outstanding educational qualification to be able to do so.    The ones that do, will not accept a few years of gap in the resume Embarrassed.   In fact, my previous boss took care of his children and sustained with fewer grants and lesser work force and fewer projects for 10 years, since his wife could not have taken time off at that point in her career.  I applaud both of them. 

Since this is not a man-woman topic  thankfully LOL , I'll sum up by saying that some careers / jobs allow for PERSONAL time off , personal happiness and yet professional opportunity, while some don't. No generalization there. One constant factor no matter whether you are Sudha Murthy / Sudha Chandran / Dr. Murthy, personal happiness reflects in profession.   

HAPPY FAMILY / HAPPY FRIENDS will make HAPPY PROFESSIONALS
Smile

Nice points QT Clap ... will dig and share my views later..Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top