Debate Mansion

Success in life = business proposition?

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

What does any business aim for?

1. Success in achieveing goals?

but how is the question. If goals to be achieved in life are clear then leveraging fundas of how to be succuess in any business implies in real / personal life. Agreed?

PS - Not throwing all cards, lets see how you all can relate.😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail
More thoughts..

1 st opinion: Yes! individual's life can be termed as a business proposition keeping in mind that any business aims to fulfill the goals, same with life / household they all strive to achieve common goals.

2 nd opinon: No! How can you compare?? business is done on more practical basis how can you achieve similarities??

😊
raunaq thumbnail
nevermind will try to follow this threadEdited by raunaq - 16 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Raj, i am sorry, but i was doing better after reading the first post and got confused.. this looks like beyond me. I will randomly comment..

from the orginal post I got a feeling that you were commenting on Quality of personal life reflecting one's ability to conduct business of any kind with ease and with a clear goal defining success..

I have met 2 kinds of people- downright practical, downright money-centered, profit-oriented basically not-so-nice, just efficient and proactive in seeking thier goal of money-making. These also are very caring and focussing on family and taking care of them.
So seemingly, one is opposite of other.

I am not one of those people, so I am sure the other kkind exists as well.. So I believe that it is a matter of personal choice and preference.

I can delete this if this has nothing to do with topic.. which is very likely 😊
raj5000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Raj, i am sorry, but i was doing better after reading the first post and got confused.. this looks like beyond me. I will randomly comment..

Sure, I knew it would be just read the second response, that was the actual focus, never mind though. Seriously explaining a whole concept what am trying to throw out would take 4-5 hours... . Will leave it aloneπŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ

from the orginal post I got a feeling that you were commenting on Quality of personal life reflecting one's ability to conduct business of any kind with ease and with a clear goal defining success..

No, actually was saying quality of personal life can be improved by applying fundas used for making business sucessfull. nvmd 😊

I have met 2 kinds of people- downright practical, downright money-centered, profit-oriented basically not-so-nice, just efficient and proactive in seeking thier goal of money-making. These also are very caring and focussing on family and taking care of them.
So seemingly, one is opposite of other.

I am not one of those people, so I am sure the other kkind exists as well.. So I believe that it is a matter of personal choice and preference.

I can delete this if this has nothing to do with topic.. which is very likely 😊 no, it's fine actually we can steer it in this direction if you want

BTW - Thanks QT and RaunaqπŸ˜ƒ for the responses.

Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail
Originally posted by: kashef09

kya yar? ... woh outlaw walla post bhi hatadiya :s ...comeon man! :D ... !

Which post, if there is any problem with Admin related activities you have been informed earlier also to Personal Message Dev Team for complete information / justification on the action taken.

Thanks!

raj5000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kashef09

Business is not so easy to start (and bring is a motion).

When its started, the toughest thing is to maintain it.

When it comes at a stable point, the most tough part is to make it progress... and doing this... the chances of slipping is real :).

True!

What am trying to say here should each household consider business norms to achieve goal most seek Happiness and Satisfaction, i.e. life a whol life long planned task cycle.

jone_jonathan thumbnail
Hi

I guess your trying relate Personal life success to Business success.If yes may be you can read this.

Well, most of the times this can be right, no doubt. Business requires commitment,hardwork,focus,etc. Which is the same required for Personal success.

But any Business requires 4Ms
1. Man
2. Material
3. Machine
4. Money

Together with this and the talent you use, then success is not too far. Leveraging these into your personal life may not seem optimal at all times right? 😊

Definitely both can be closely associated.
1. Both need workflow - I mean a system where time has to be given to both to carry on.
2. Being punctual.
3. Responsible equally for both & many more.

But let me give a case of a great success in Business as well as in Personal Life.

Infosys Chairman Mr.Narayan Murthy and his wife Mrs.Sudha Murthy achieved success in both personal & Business.
Sudha Murthy was actually much more qualified than Narayan Murthy.But they got married.Narayan wanted to setup his Business, where Sudha approached that she could assist in his Business. But she was not allowed to enter in the Business even though she was better qualified.The reason to this is very good - Narayan didnt want their personal life to be affected because of this. Meaning he wanted their children to grow well and wanted them to be taken care well by Sudha. Even though success could have been achieved easily working with Sudha, Narayan insisted on personal life success as well.

This case suggests even though Business life was not given importance in the beginning, it emerged as the best in Business.

My take on this will be - both share lots of qualities but Personal life decisions matter more than anything.
I hope this reply has something to point out in this forum? πŸ˜ƒ

Regards
πŸ‘πŸΌ

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Interesting and nice post Jone!
It supports my personal observations as well 😊 .

1. People happy in personal life make better professionals.

2. Career-oriented smart plan people can ahead and being qualified, such planning is not hard. They perform well in both and are looked up to . If their profession and their spouse's financial capacity allows them to take time off and coming back, why not?  This actually is coming back, since the person is QUALIFIED right from the beginning,  as opposed to going to school after children and starting at that point.  Both these have certain degree of hardness, yet the former has a sense of sacrifice to it.  That's where Sudha / actress Kajol fits. 
(one comment on the example however - in sudha's case / similar cases , it is easier given it was their own business and the assurance of a come back instead of getting driven out of the career field in few years time)
Some careers are not so easy on women, and these women could fall behind the race and could very well be forgotten in spite of being qualified.. It is harder for them to PUT PERSONAL HAPPINESS ahead of PROFESSIONAL happiness.

3. Some jobs start after family responsibilities are over and one has a content famly-life. A friend of mine, a nurse from india, who actually worked as a door monitor is now a financial consultant after dabbling in real estate agency and insurance agency.   I think that some jobs don't demand dedication to the same field for years or an outstanding educational qualification to be able to do so.    The ones that do, will not accept a few years of gap in the resume 😳.   In fact, my previous boss took care of his children and sustained with fewer grants and lesser work force and fewer projects for 10 years, since his wife could not have taken time off at that point in her career.  I applaud both of them. 

Since this is not a man-woman topic  thankfully πŸ˜† , I'll sum up by saying that some careers / jobs allow for PERSONAL time off , personal happiness and yet professional opportunity, while some don't. No generalization there. One constant factor no matter whether you are Sudha Murthy / Sudha Chandran / Dr. Murthy, personal happiness reflects in profession.   

HAPPY FAMILY / HAPPY FRIENDS will make HAPPY PROFESSIONALS
😊 Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail

Response inlined in bold below. Thanks!

Originally posted by: jone_jonathan

Hi

Hello and Welcome to DM!

I guess your trying relate Personal life success to Business success.If yes may be you can read this.

Yes! Sure .. galanced your posts..liked it and let me respond and give a deeper thought😊

Well, most of the times this can be right, no doubt. Business requires commitment,hardwork,focus,etc. Which is the same required for Personal success.

Absolutely!

But any Business requires 4Ms
1. Man
2. Material
3. Machine
4. Money

Together with this and the talent you use, then success is not too far. Leveraging these into your personal life may not seem optimal at all times right? 😊

No I disagee!  let me relate these four pesonal life concept.

1. Man -> Resources, living being at home husband/wive/kids/parents.

2. Material -> Thoughts, Skills, intellegence.

3. Machine -> Things that facilitate in organising / planning / time management / keeping heathy etc...

4. Money - > Oneself (investing one self, is kind of money in that term)

Definitely both can be closely associated.
1. Both need workflow - I mean a system where time has to be given to both to carry on.
2. Being punctual.
3. Responsible equally for both & many more.

Now thats what I am talking about...

But let me give a case of a great success in Business as well as in Personal Life.

Infosys Chairman Mr.Narayan Murthy and his wife Mrs.Sudha Murthy achieved success in both personal & Business.
Sudha Murthy was actually much more qualified than Narayan Murthy.But they got married.Narayan wanted to setup his Business, where Sudha approached that she could assist in his Business. But she was not allowed to enter in the Business even though she was better qualified.The reason to this is very good - Narayan didnt want their personal life to be affected because of this. Meaning he wanted their children to grow well and wanted them to be taken care well by Sudha. Even though success could have been achieved easily working with Sudha, Narayan insisted on personal life success as well.

This case suggests even though Business life was not given importance in the beginning, it emerged as the best in Business.

My take on this will be - both share lots of qualities but Personal life decisions matter more than anything.
I hope this reply has something to point out in this forum? πŸ˜ƒ

Yes, example was educative... but again am trying to point out if fundas of business like you mentioned processes, risk assistment, planning are implied by household members o say by household then goals can be achieved sucessfully...

Regards
πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thanks fo response!