Health & Fitness
Health & Fitness

India-Forums

What is Cellulite..?

-Khushiyana- IF-Rockerz
-Khushiyana-
-Khushiyana-

Posted: 17 May 2007 at 12:55pm | IP Logged

Cellulite is the lumpy substance resembling cottage cheese that is commonly found on the thighs, stomach, and butt. Cellulite is actually a fancy name for collections of fat that push against the connective tissue beneath a person's skin, which causes the surface of the skin to dimple or pucker and look lumpy.

You can check to see if you have cellulite by pinching the skin around your upper thigh. If it looks a bit lumpy, you probably have it. And if you do have cellulite, you're definitely not alone: Most girls and women - and some men - have cellulite.

Several factors influence whether a person has cellulite and how much they have. Your genes, your gender, the amount of fat on your body, your age, and the thickness of your skin are all associated with the amount of cellulite you have or how visible it is.

Whatever the cause of cellulite, it's important to know that there aren't any miracle products, treatments, or medicines that can make it go away. For example, some fancy salon treatments that promise to get rid of cellulite simply cause your skin to puff up through deep massaging, temporarily reducing the appearance of cellulite.

Treatments like liposuction (surgery to remove fat) and mesotherapy (injection of drugs into cellulite) are either expensive or may produce only temporary improvement. Many doctors even warn that liposuction is not an effective treatment for cellulite because liposuction is designed to remove deep fat instead of cellulite, which is close to the skin.

If you have cellulite, chances are you won't like it. It's important to remember, though, that almost everyone wishes that something about their body was a bit different. This is particularly true for teens whose bodies are going through all sorts of changes caused by puberty

If you decide that you want to try to reduce the amount of cellulite you have, the best thing to do is to decrease excess body fat. If you and your doctor think that you are overweight, eat fewer calories and exercise more. Experts agree that an exercise routine that combines aerobic exercise with strength training is the best weapon against cellulite. In the meantime, if you want to conceal your cellulite, try using a self-tanning product. Cellulite tends to be a little bit less noticeable on darker skin.

Reviewed by: Steven Dowshen, MD
Date reviewed: September 2006

missmhow Goldie
missmhow
missmhow

Posted: 17 May 2007 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
i heard the sauna sessions...hlp the body flush out salts and toxins and so help in fiting cellulite...

Edited by missmhow - 17 May 2007 at 1:41pm
friend_125 Goldie
friend_125
friend_125

Posted: 20 May 2007 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
thanks for info on cellulite.i was known to the fact but dint knew the exact word used for it. cellulite occurs due to obessity, obessity is the root to most of the diseases,so one should keep control on that if want to be fit n fine.
sania_12 IF-Rockerz
sania_12
sania_12

Posted: 22 May 2007 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
intresting post, thnx a lot.
priya234 Senior Member
priya234
priya234

Posted: 17 June 2007 at 11:09am | IP Logged
very informative. thank you Tongue even if u dont have it , you should stilll control ur diet
cheeky_angel Goldie
cheeky_angel
cheeky_angel

Posted: 30 June 2007 at 5:28pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by priya234

very informative. thank you Tongue even if u dont have it , you should stilll control ur diet

i agree with uSmile

cheri IF-Rockerz
cheri
cheri

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 7:25am | IP Logged
I have a question…I got these Cellulite gels & Cream 4om VLCC..My mom got them 4 free actually 4om a friend…So I wanted 2 ask Do they help in losing weight 4 eg I have a tummy which I plan 2 lose LOL…can I put that cream on the areas which I have fat on my body?.. I mean will it help or side effects will occur?.......

& wats the diffrence between Ceelulite & Fat>?.. i mean i am fat( 14 yrs old)..can i use those?

Edited by cheri - 14 July 2007 at 7:26am
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index