B-wood’s Royal Family #11-Bachchans P.132 - Page 5

Posted: 16 years ago
Sexiest Father & Son in India rules Bollywood:

We were very amused by what we saw at a multiplex the other day when we went to catch a flick. Armed with popcorn and coke, as we sauntered in the theatre campus, we noticed the movies running in the adjacent screens and this is what we see...

The first plex was screening the Abhishek slick flick, Dus. The Sarkar of Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan was overlooking his bonny bon from the neighbouring screen. In the adjacent screen, the con couple, Bunty aur Babli were smiling from the theatre hoarding! And this Friday, the AB starrer Viruddh hits theatres. So the Bachchan brouhaha is far from over.

Amitabh kick-started the year with an outstanding performance in Black, followed it up with the stellar role in Sarkar then punched in a cameo in Bunty aur Babli & Paheli. At 65, this man is a true blue rockstar! Beta Abhishek didn't do badly either. He stood the frame with Amitabh in Sarkar, burned the screen with Rani in B&B and finally sizzled the senses out of the fairer sex with his pelvic jig in Dus Bahane. Each of these films has set the cash registers ringing.

Looks like the Bachchans have Bollywood in their muthi!

Abhishek and Amitabh bachchan talks:

Abhishek Bachchan: He is the best actor that ever was and ever will be, the best father that ever was and ever will be and the best human being.
Amitabh Bachchan : We'd get up in the mornings together, have breakfast together, sit in the same car and drive to the studio together. And then we'd become actors.

Amitabh Bachchan:
When you saw Refugee for the first time, was there a lump in your throat?
Of course, there was. I'm just like any other parent. Whenever we see anything our children have done, we love it. We are emotional about it. And will continue to be emotional about every little thing our children do.
What, according to you, are Abhishek's strengths as an actor?
He has just started off; it's going to take him time to build his strengths. But I do think he has a very distinctive personality; he has a powerful face and he has the ability to do different things on screen. Of course, they need to be fine-tuned and he needs to work on it a lot more.

Which is your favourite Abhishek Bachchan movie?
Yuva obviously! And Phir Milenge. But I have also seen Sarkar and he is very good in the film.
Is Abhishek perfect beta material?
Yeah!
One hears so much about things the two of you do together. Tell us about them.
Oh, we do photo-shoots together. And then we do interviews together!
Do you let him borrow your watches, shirts, shoes and the like?
I don't let him borrow any of my stuff. He just takes what he wants. Actually, it's fine. I swipe a lot of his stuff too.
Doing Bunty Aur Babli and Sarkar together must have been fun.
It was great, great. We actually gave our very first shot together for Sarkar. It was great fun—we'd get up in the mornings together, have breakfast together, sit in the same car and drive to the studio together. And then we'd become actors.

Abhishek Bachchan:
Do you have any particular childhood memory of your dad as a superstar?
It's weird but there has never been a defining moment as such. For me, it's always been very normal. From the moment I can remember, I always knew that Dad was this great man.
Besides shooting together, what else do you guys do?
Dad has always been my best friend. I can tell him anything, from how I broke my nail to how I gave my shot that day. He is the first person I talk to about anything that happens in my life. I discuss everything with him, whether it's my career fears, anxieties or choice of films. Or even something very, very personal.
He's come in for a lot of flak lately for doing too many commercials and a host of indifferent films.
I'm only happy that, as a fan, I get to see a lot more of him.
Which, according to you, is his best work to date?
Look, I have a collection of over 115 of my father's films and I watch all of them regularly. So it is very difficult to pick a favourite. Agneepath used to be one for a long time. Then he went and did Black, which was a numbing experience for me. I didn't know how to react for four days after I watched the trial of Black.
I also recall that the day after I saw the film, I was required to shoot with Rani Mukerji and him for Bunty Aur Babli. And I refused to shoot because I was too nervous to stand in front of the camera with him and Rani.
Tell us one thing you've learnt recently from your father.
This is again something to do with Black. Most actors would be demoralised after watching a performance like Dad's in Black because our shortcomings would stare us in the face. But for me, Black was very reassuring. At 63, if my father can come up with a performance like this, then, I feel, there is scope for every actor to keep improving. It's a long journey but I feel reassured that one can at least try and get there... no matter when. Edited by fan_of_Big_B - 16 years ago
"SHOLAY v/s CASH clash would be unfortunate" - Anubhav Sinha

Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Trade News Network

Cash hspace2News has been making rounds that Ram Gopal Verma is planning to bring his SHOLAY soon to theaters. Tidbits from the film's promotion have started coming in and the first date to have been announced by the film maker is 13th July.

So what's the issue with this release date? Another biggie CASH is also slated for release on the same day i.e. Friday, the 13th July.

Tell Anubhav Sinha, director of CASH about the latest proceedings and he says with a shrug, "I have not been made aware about any development like this. As far as I know, CASH is confirmed for July 13th and there won't be any delay further to this."

There have been indications that the FACTORY owner is also keen on the same Friday? "I don't think it will eventually happen due to two reasons. First and foremost ADLABS is bringing both these films to screens and I am sure that they would go all out in their capacity to make sure that the clash of the biggies does not happen. Two, Ajay Devgan stars in both the flicks. What sense does it make to have two films of a single star on the same day?" he asks

But what if it eventually does happen? "Then I can just say that it would be very unfortunate if a clash of SHOLAY and CASH happen. It would be a professional hara-kiri. Having said that I have a hunch that something like this won't really happen," he concludes.

Edited by virgoqueen - 16 years ago

DIALOGUE:

Bachchan's entry in the movie is indeed a heart-stirring one

A scene where DON deals with Smugglers. Bachchan says the magnificent dialogue:

"Tumne jitna sona manga tha, utna sona apne saath laya hoon Raj Singh

Ye Dus lakh ka sona to main bhool jaoonga raj singh, par tumhe yaad rakhoonga "

Wajah ye hai ki, paaon dekho iske. Mujhe iske joote acche nahi lage, Shoes...

VDO download:
h**p://rapidshare.com/files/12516651/DON_joote.avi

Sonia mujhe do tarah ki ladkiyan pasand nahi aati,
ek wo jo mere paas aane mein bahut der lagaye,
aur ek wo jo bahut jaldi aa jaye

Download link:
h**p://rapidshare.com/files/12518480/DON_sonia.avi

neeche tumhari aunty bahut se uncles ko lekar aayi hai...

don ka intezaar to gyarah mulko ki police kar rahi hai

Lekin sonia, ek baat samajh lo, DOn ko pakadna mushkil hi nahi, namumkin hai...

Download link:
h**p://rapidshare.com/files/12520784/DON_mushkil.avi

Helen and Bachchan in the evergreen killer song: YE MERA DIL

Download:
h**p://rapidshare.com/files/12502448/DON_YE_MERA_DIL.avi
Size: 25MB
DIVX

Courtesy : http://www.masalatalk.com/masalaboard/showthread.php?t=22987 2
First Look: Jodhaa Akbar poster

Ashutosh Gowarikar's Jodhaa Akbar, starring Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan, will make its way to the 60th Cannes Film Festival that begins today, May 16.

The festival will see Ash and husband Abhishek Bachchan's first public appearance as a married couple. Amitabh Bachchan is expected to join them in Cannes as well.

Jodhaa Akbar will have music composed by A R Rahman, and is expected to release in October this year.

Here's a first look at its poster.

Jhoom Barabar Jhoom's music rocks

Jhoom Barabar Jhoom has got everyone's curious side up. For one, it's a Yash Raj film. Obviously that means stars, lots of them. Starring Bobby Deol, Abhishek Bachchan, Preity Zinta, Lara Dutta and Amitabh Bachchan (in an atrocious new look), this romantic comedy looks promising. Expectations are high because it's Saathiya and Bunty Aur Babli director Shaad Ali Sahgal's third in a row. Will it be as successful? June 15 will tell. Meanwhile, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy remind us why we love them with Jhoom Barabar Jhoom's rollicking soundtrack. Shankar Mahadevan provides high voltage entertainment in the shape of the rocking opener, Jhoom. Its desi soul and European aura blend effortlessly under Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy's keen composition. And, of course, there's Gulzar and his queer poetry. Here's a sampler: Yes ishq purana paapi, har baar khata karta hai. Har baar bachata hoon mein, har baar jaa marta hai.

Text: Sukanya Verma

Bombay Viking front runner, Neeraj Shridhar turns on the heat with the nimble Ticket to Hollywood.

Alisha Chinai brings in the glamour to this marriage of hip hop and bhangra. Though not quite in the same league and genre as Kajra re (Bunty Aur Babli), Ticket is definitely worth the price of admission.

Gangster's Ya Ali man, Zubeen teams up with Mahadevan and Sunidhi Chauhan to fervently chant the Jhoom barabar jhoom slogan in the title ditty's club-friendly remix.

The energy levels of JBJ are exceptionally high but the exuberance of its original strain gets savaged in this noisy retake.

There are enough reasons to like the beautifully romantic, Bol na halke halke.

For starters, it features the fantastic and ever reliable Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. After wooing us with the intense Naina (Omkara) and reflective Main jahan rahoon (Namastey London), he takes on a hard core love song with Mahalaxmi Iyer lending adequate support. And yes, he does the alaap too.
Up next, Vishal Dadlani (of Vishal-Shekhar) makes an appearance, doing a modern-day R D Burman what with a gruff baritone and high-pitched crooning in the raucous Kiss of love. Doing her bit for this flamboyant dance number, Vasundhara Das chirps and coos with spicy huskiness. Kiss of love is the kind of showy stuff that is best enjoyed on screen, not off it.

Also Read: Making Ek Chalis Ki Last Local

Its pleasantly laid back pace and Gulzar's breathtaking imagination are other reasons why Bol na halke is likely to catch your fancy.

Also Read: When Ms Dixit dances...

The Jhoom dhoom continues with K K, Mahadevan, Sukhvinder Singh, Mahalaxmi Iyer taking centrestage to perform a vivacious version of Jhoom barabar jhoom. The combination of Gulzar's Punjabi hued poetry and Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy's mellifluous creativity is music to one's ears.

The final act is an instrumental piece titled Jhoom Jam, a colourful interpretation of JBJ's basic tune, which employs everything from a rabab to a mandolin. Cool stuff, this! Bottomline: Jhoom Barabar Jhoom has everything going for it. It's high on melody, entertainment and attitude.

Also Read: Cheeni Kum in pictures

I'm feeling wonderful with fantastic Abhi: Ash
Life after marriage is 'wonderful' for the new Mrs Bachchan who is currently on a honeymoon with her actor-husband Abhishek and gets ready to return to work in a week's time.

Advertisement
"I am feeling wonderful. I am very happy. By the grace of God, everything is wonderful," Aishwarya Bachchan nee Rai told NDTV channel in Cannes where she is set to walk the red carpet with her husband at the film festival.

In perhaps her first interview after her marriage on April 19, the Bollywood actress said, "It's all things good. It's a blessing. And it's a wonderful family," she said, going on to describe Abhishek as 'superlative and fantastic'.

Aishwarya said she had found wonderful parents in her parents-in-law Amitabh and Jaya.
Asked if she had changed after marriage, she said, "No. I am just a normal girl in a wonderful time of my life, a very special time. It's fantastic. It's all things good."

Aishwarya said she was at the Cannes Film Festival for a day after which she would continue with her holiday that is at its fag end.

She said she was looking forward to working with husband Abhishek and father-in-law Amitabh in Sarkar II. "It will be a kind of working with family as we are all related now. It's always a privilege to work with actors like Abhishek and an iconic legend like my father-in-law," Aishwarya said.

The Bachchans will also be seen together in Karan Johar's forthcoming project.
MAHANAYAK BIG B KO SALAAAM
Tete-a-Tete

Amitabh Bachchan's birthday falls on October 11th .On the eve of his 64th birthday, he is as young, vibrant and energetic as any youth of 16. Don't be surprised that this 63 year young super star of the millennium has acted in eleven movies last year and has already signed nine by now this year. Besides, the Big B has endorsed seventeen brands ranging from Parker Pen to Pepsi. This is not all. He is hosting the second part of 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' (KBC II).

He is still the busiest actor even though he has bagged so many awards like the best supporting actor's for 'Anand', 'Namak Haram' and 'Mohabbatein'; the best actor's award for 'Amar-Akbar-Anthony' 'Don' and 'Hum'; and the critic's award for 'Aks' and of course the top one , the National Award for his 'Agnipath'. Among his forthcoming movie are 'Struggler', 'Sarkar'(sequel), 'Eklavya', 'Darna Zaroori Hai', 'Sholay'(remake), 'Family', 'Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna', 'Don' , 'Ek Ajnabi', 'Ada', 'Happy New Year', ' Babul', 'Zamaanat', 'Manzil', 'Baiju' and 'Tansen'. He is Mahanayak indeed!

He is the only actor whom the industry has given this title unlike others whom their publicists called them by such names whether tragedy king, showman, rebel star and super star. However, Amitabh was called as "angry young man" and "one man industry" as he deserved these titles. His angry young man image is partly responsible to reflect the then prevailing anarchy in the country followed by the notorious Emergency imposed in June 1975.

His important quotes are-:

" I am an artist who is more involved in his work. "
" Titles like icon and super star don't make any difference. "
" An artist has to draw a line somewhere. "

opera. His favorite dress is kurta-payzama and a shawl. There is a vast reservoir of love an affection among the family members. Son Abhishek says, " We never felt his absence even while he was away." Actor wife Jaya Bachchan shares Abhishek's views and says, " Amit is an actor. Still, I have always been with him." Daughter Shweta says, "I am very happy that papa is enjoying today , both work and his life."

SmasHits.com salutes the ultimate hero of Bollywood on the occasion.

Excerpts of his tete-e-tete with the media:

What's the secret of your health and energy even at 64?

I may mention here that but for the 1982 mishap in my life during the shooting of 'Coolie' I would have been much healthier than I am today. This was a big mishap .

How come Ram Gopal Verma propose to you Gabbar Singh's role in his remake of 'Sholay'?

I worked in his 'Sarkar' and soon after its completion he proposed to me to act in his 'Sholay'. Significantly, he asked me to play the character of Gabbar Singh.

How do you take Gabbar Singh's role?

Gabbar Singh's character will take me to my old avatar. Ramu is the best judge though. He knows his job very well. He doesn't care for the result at the box office.

Why did Ramu insist on you to play Gabbar and not Jay?

I don't understand why Ramu is writing Gabbar's role for me. However, he says that he has full trust in me. Presumably, he gave Gabbar's role to me as he has 'Sholay' in his mind and not Veeru, Jay, Basanti, Thakur or Sambha. In fact, Gabbar was the strongest character in 'Sholay'. You may recall that Gabbar Singh's sound track had become very popular among the viewers at that time .

Don't you mind playing this bad man's role?

A bad man's role isn't new for me. I have done such roles in 'Aks', 'Aankhein' and 'Parwana'. Besides, I am playing several shades in Raj Kumar Santoshi's 'Family'.

Did you feel missing your children during your busy career in the past?

Yes, I missed them when they were children. I was preoccupied with my filmi career. So, I treat them as children even now when they have grown up.

How do you feel about the KBC's second show going on these days?

I think 'KBC-2' is more friendly and homely.
ABHISHEK HAS HIS HANDS FULL

Abhiashek Bachchan who is busy in the shooting of Mani Ratnam's 'Guru' in Mumbai doesn't miss any opportunity of fulfilling endorsement offers coming his way whether in Mumbai or elsewhere. Recently, he visited New Delhi for the endorsement of Omega Watches. Earlier, he had endorsed a mobile phone just before going to the shooting of 'Guru'. Regarding endorsements of products, the Junior Bachchan says, "Some companies consider it wise to get their products endorsed by me.

These companies believe that consumers have faith in me. How else they would make offers to me? " He adds that he endorses only those products, which he finds useful as a consumer. " I still possess a mobile that my father gifted me several years ago. This mobile gift has created an emotional bonding between us."

Excerpts of a chat with the actor:

What's 'Guru' all about?

I am very excited about this movie because it is Mani Ratnam's. I cannot tell you more about it at this juncture. However, it is very important for me as I got recognition as an action in 'Yuva' directed by Mani Ratnam.

What are your other movies?

Firstly, I am acting in Karan Johar's 'Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna'. In this movie, I am working along with my dad. My second movie is J.P.Dutta's 'Umrao Jaan'. This is over. Then, I have shot for 'Dhoom II'. This movie's shooting is also complete and will release before the year-end.

Are you satisfied with your career now?

I am happy, as my parents are happy. I am also happy as an actor because I am getting all sorts of roles to play - from comedies to serious ones.

Is your any movie in the pipeline?

Yes, these movies are like Shaad Ali 'Jhoom Barabar Jhoom', then there is Goldie Behl's 'Droan' and there is one of Rohan Sippy besides Rakesh Mehra's 'Delhi 6' and others.