Kumkum - Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan

SHWETA-Making a small difference

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
T he Earth is heating up. The solution to global warming is as simple as it is overwhelm- ing. Do telly stars under- stand the implications of its dreadful conse- quences. Gaurav Gera says, "An individual step towards global warming is the need of the hour. Recently, I revolted against cutting of trees in my building com- pound. I kept reiter- ating that they just needed to shape them to size rather than cut them. "I have nearly 50 plants in my apartment. The idea is to reduce the emission of carbon dioxide which is major contributor to this problem." He wishes to start a community where he can give updates and dis- cuss this issue with others. Most telly stars swear by Lau- rie David's An Inconvenient Truth. "The film was an eye opener," says Shweta Kawaatra who believes that fighting against global warming is a mass effort and awareness has to be created. She adds, "I make it a point to switch off the lights and fans if not required. Also, the population growth needs to be controlled since it leads to over consump- tion." Mini Mathur says her broth- er is an advocate of spreading awareness about global warm- ing. She adds, "Saving water and energy is on top of my list. When I saw the film An Incon- venient Truth, my jaws dropped. The film is well crafted and compre- hensive, it's a must watch." Most actors feel individual efforts are effective, but Varun Badola thinks otherwise. He says that they can only contribute in a small way. "Basically I'm a primitive man so I don't use any- thing in excess. But I need the air condi- tioner at a low tem- perature," avers Badola. Actress Sanjeeda feels increasing pol- lution adds to the problem; "I've stopped using kerosene because it's harmful for the environ- ment." Rajeev Khandelwal says, "The illitera cy rate is so high that no one is aware of global warming in the interiors of our country. "The other day, I was shooting at Madh Island and the tem- perature was 40 degrees." He says he has been read- ing up on global warming. It seems he insists that his assistant and the director come with him in his car, just so that only one car is used.
www.bodhtree.com www.pressmart.net

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Vanshika- thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Rajveer is looking dam good....

Thanx.......