What Makes Your Life Beautiful? - Page 2

Posted: 16 years ago

Does friends / family / etc.. makes one's life beautiful?
NO.
Happiness and satisfaction in doing whatever.

Life in raw is pretty ugly for most.. It is what one makes of it is where the beauty lies in.. Going thru all emotions and still feel pretty calm and happy is when life is beautiful..

But first and foremost it is the ability to go to sleep every night and be able to wake up makes life worth living..imo..

Edited by lighthouse - 16 years ago

Originally posted by raj5000

Does friends / family / etc.. makes one's life beautiful?
NO.

Happiness and satisfaction in doing whatever.

๐Ÿ˜• how about those who get satisfaction out of taking care of their family and derive happiness from the unconditional love and affection they get from their family๐Ÿ˜•

Raj...aap toh aisey na thhey๐Ÿ˜ก......๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by Gauri_3

๐Ÿ˜• how about those who get satisfaction out of taking care of their family and derive happiness from the unconditional love and affection they get from their family๐Ÿ˜•

Gauri.. that is more like feeling secure which may or may not necessarily mean happiness. We all know people who seem to have everything, great family, good money etc but they still look unhappy..

1. Love Is The Law Of Life: All love is expansion, all selfishness is contraction. Love is therefore the only law of life. He who loves lives, he who is selfish is dying. Therefore, love for love's sake, because it is law of life, just as you breathe to live.
2. It's Your Outlook That Matters: It is our own mental attitude, which makes the world what it is for us. Our thoughts make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light.

3. Life is Beautiful: First, believe in this world - that there is meaning behind everything. Everything in the world is good, is holy and beautiful. If you see something evil, think that you do not understand it in the right light. Throw the burden on yourselves!

4.It's The Way You Feel: Feel like Christ and you will be a Christ; feel like Buddha and you will be a Buddha. It is feeling that is the life, the strength, the vitality, without which no amount of intellectual activity can reach God.
5. Set Yourself Free: The moment I have realised God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him - that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.

6. Don't Play The Blame Game: Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.

7. Help Others: If money helps a man to do good to others, it is of some value; but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner it is got rid of, the better.

8. Uphold Your Ideals: Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.

9. Listen To Your Soul: You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.

10. Be Yourself: The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves!

11. Nothing Is Impossible: Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin - to say that you are weak, or others are weak.

12. You Have The Power: All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.

13. Learn Everyday: The goal of mankind is knowledge... now this knowledge is inherent in man. No knowledge comes from outside: it is all inside. What we say a man 'knows', should, in strict psychological language, be what he 'discovers' or 'unveils'; what man 'learns' is really what he discovers by taking the cover off his own soul, which is a mine of infinite knowledge.

14. Be Truthful: Everything can be sacrificed for truth, but truth cannot be sacrificed for anything.

15. Think Different: All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.

by Swami vivekanda

lIFE IS INDEED BEAUTIFUL!Especially after a late friend of mine appeared in a vision to let me know of life beyond with Jesus. Now i know defnitely there is a heaven so everyday is a special day on earth as I look forward to joining my loved ones in the afterlife!
Originally posted by lighthouse

Gauri.. that is more like feeling secure which may or may not necessarily mean happiness. We all know people who seem to have everything, great family, good money etc but they still look unhappy..

naaah...not in my case.  My girls do make my life beautiful everyday and my hubby...he makes it beautiful on some days..and then on others....I make it miserable for him๐Ÿ˜† 

Wouldn't we all be miserable if, god forbid, our loved ones are taken away from us  Apart from security, family provides the satisfaction, happiness, and a reason to look forward to each new day...and that makes my life beautiful๐Ÿ˜Š

Being misunderstood here, was giving my POV from a different angle on the question by poster.

Justify POV - If someone from the family is suffereing from terminal illness or bad circumstances or bad situation would that be considered as paradim for making life beautifull?

lols Gauri - deviations ๐Ÿ˜‰ to make the debate interesting.๐Ÿ˜Š

Originally posted by raj5000

Being misunderstood here, was giving my POV from a different angle on the question by poster.

Justify POV - If someone from the family is suffereing from terminal illness or bad circumstances or bad situation would that be considered as paradim for making life beautifull?

lols Gauri - deviations ๐Ÿ˜‰ to make the debate interesting.๐Ÿ˜Š

actually that's the same point I raised above.  If family doesn't make life beautiful then how come we are so affected and miserable if something untoward happens to even a single one of them๐Ÿ˜•

Edited by Gauri_3 - 16 years ago

actually that's the same point I raised above.  If family doesn't make life beautiful then how come we are so affected and miserable if something untoward happens to even a single one of them๐Ÿ˜•

Practically that ideal or rosy life doesn't carry over for one's lifetime... in longer term perpective means life is never beautiful?  or beautiful in phases? Family might be part of getting happiness and satisfaction but terming beautiful life = family/friends/rela... etc still holds NO. ๐Ÿ˜Š

BTW - Hope we are working on same defination of beautiful life.