Now that... (SPOILER)

*Rashmi* thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
... Dumbledore's dead, what's going to happen to the Headquaters of OoP? Forgive me if this question has been answered in the book, and if it has, just flame me and point me to the right page...
But if it hasn't: Dumbledore is Secret Keeper for the OotP. Now he's dead. So can the average person see Grimmauld Place, or did they choose a "reserve" Secret Keeper, incase of the death of one?
What do you think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Rashmi* thumbnail
Lol. Yeah. I was wondering about it. I remember in HBP Dumbledore said they moved out of the Headquaters temporarily, but that was only to see if Grimmauld Place really belong to Harry. And Kreacher proved it did (by obeying Harry). They don't say this, but I'm guessing the Headquaters moved back to Grimmauld Place, because Harry said they could have it. So, I presume Dumbledore would still have been Secret Keeper. If Dumbledore planned his death (as I believe), then he would have no doubt made arrangements for someone else to be Secret Keeper (Snape, perhaps?). But what if he didn't, and he just died unexpectedly? Lol. My guess would be a "reserve" Secret Keeper, but I don't know. Any thoughts?
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

mayb dumbledore arranged it with sumone...............perhaps Snape!if he had asked snape to kill him,then perhaps he had tipped snape of abt what to do!the person dumbledore trusted the most in the world was snape!that is why he wouldn't hear a word against him!he had such faith in severus!i think that he had arranged it all up.he is not stupid enf not to take any sort of precautions.especially when he noes that voldemort would go 2 any extends to finish him off!

*~Ish~* thumbnail
umm...does the secret die with the secret keeper? i think it does...cuz sirius said he would've died for Lily and James (meaing the secret is gone), but now that harry owns it, i think he may be able to do something (like u said reserve secret keeper)
meha thumbnail
I think there is a new secret-keeper when the previous dies.. but who.. i dunno!
Monaji thumbnail

Hey... that is a good question....

Now tht Dumbledore is died... Who will be the secret keeper?

I just hope that Grimmauld Place is not lost for ever.....

Draco_Luver thumbnail
Maybe HArry becomes secret keeper?  I mean he already owns the place~
*~Ish~* thumbnail
i think harry gets to choose...i mean its his place rite?
Morgoth thumbnail

As far as I remember, you can transfer the secret before you die to someone else. Didn't Sirius transfer Godric's Hollow's location to Wormtail?

"Does the secret die with the secret keeper?" - Good question Ish.

Considering the fact that Dumbledore's spell over Harry broke when he died, the "Secret Keeping" Enchantment must have broken as well.

So if we go by that logic, at the moment, there will no longer be a secret keeper, unless Dumbledore transferred the secret to someone before dying.

If the new secret Keeper is Snape, its highly unlikely that the Order would go back to the location as they have a higher risk of being discovered.

Even if the new secret keeper isn't Snape, the OoTP would not go back as Snape still knows about the old location, and now based on their latest info, he's on the Dark Side, so he's still a threat to them.

*~Ish~* thumbnail
that's an interesting thought...cuz sirius kept on saying that he would die rather than betray the secret of lily and james...doesn't that mean that if he died that the secret is gone...i'm pretty sure DD had a transfer secret keeper, but WHO does he trust other than himself most? i would say Harry (no, not snape) cuz of the whole "dumbeldore's man through and through" thing annndd his loyalty to dumbledore all throughout the yrs (like in second yr with fawkes and etc.)