Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

bluelotus

Goldie

bluelotus

Posted: 29 July 2005 at 3:47am | IP Logged

Hi friends,

It just occured to me. Can somebody please clarify?

Tom Riddle was an extremely handsome young boy but Voldemort has been described as "Snakelike with scarlet eyes and slits for pupils". How this transformation came about and does this have any links with the recent findings of Harry and Dumbledore?(Like the things they were searching for)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Just one doubt" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ronit13

Goldie

ronit13

Posted: 29 July 2005 at 4:30am | IP Logged

as voldemort bacame evil and evil his appearance bacame wilder and wilder.and also j.k r made this point clear by writing when voldemort was looking at the necklace his eyes became red in color.

hope you understand what i am trying to say

ronit13Smile

*Rashmi*

Goldie

*Rashmi*

Posted: 29 July 2005 at 10:19am | IP Logged
*SPOILER*

Yeah Ronit13's got the jist of it... I'm not sure, but in the book, when Harry saw him excited, happy, he made a point to think that Tom didn't look more handsome (as would a person when he's happy), but rather uglier - more sinister. I don't think Horcruxes have anything to do with his change of appearance (it's Horcruxes you were talking about, right?)... or maybe. But I don't think so. You never know, though. Anyway the point I'm trying to make is as Voldemort got more sinister, so did his appearance. I hope you get me. 

Delia

Delia

Posted: 04 August 2005 at 5:41am | IP Logged
i seem to remember vaguely something about how as voldemort kept splitting his soul, he became more inhuman, and hence, his appearance must have reflected this, i suppose...

meha

meha

Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:07pm | IP Logged

Yes delia u r rite

Jkr said that voldy splitted his soul so much that he no longer remained wat u used to be!

*~Ish~*

Groupbie

*~Ish~*

Posted: 04 August 2005 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
meaning the horcruxes had a role in his appearance but i doubt that there was a major connection that could give us clues..its just that fact that the soul-splitting made hiim inhuman

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 09 August 2005 at 6:25am | IP Logged
right!when the human inside him started disappearin n devil took its place he bcame wierder n uglier! LOL

Monaji

Monaji

Posted: 10 August 2005 at 3:45am | IP Logged
I do agree with Delia

It is due to horcruxes (soul-splitting) that he looked uglier...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top