College & University

Teachers Day: Your Fav. Teacher (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 6

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 6
Page 6 Page 6

.:Ashi:.

IF-Rockerz

.:Ashi:.

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 6:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Natasha_I

Who was/is your favourite teacher? And, why did/do you like him/her?

my favorite teacher is my math teacher. i think she's my fav. b/c she's very challenging.... and i luv challengesTongue she's really nice and never gets yells. she's very calm. but she's still very strict and is always out to get everyone who dont have their shirts tucked inEmbarrassed

Hehe, was it because you were the teacher's pet? Was it because the teacher was easy, kind, and helpful?

me?? teachers pet...... noooooooo. we dont mixLOL   yes, is very helpful and extremely challenging! i think i like her so much because math is one of my fav. subjects. im really good at it and get straight A's.Big smileshe treats all her students like her children but she's very strict, too! and thats why i luv her Big smile

Lots of love and happy teachers day,

happy teachers day!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Teachers Day: Your Fav. Teacher (Page 5)" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gaurie

Gaurie

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
Cool topic! My fave teacher is the one I have so far, Mr T... He's is so awesome and he's like a father figure but a good friend at the same time. He trusts the kids to make their own decisions and he has a great sense of humour! He's not too strict but you feel bad because if you do something wrong, he looks disappointed and you really feel bad. Everybody loves him, he's just too cool! First day of school, I saw this guy with peircings and a goatee and thought 'Oh no!' but I'm so happy I was wrongLOL! And he isn't all about school, he has a life too, which I like. I can talk to him about anything without feeling awkward at all!

I am sort of a teacher's pet but only cause I'm nice to the teacher's and I like to do well, but that's not why I like him. Just some of the things I love about him are above LOL

Gaurie Embarrassed

ChameliKaYaar

IF-Rockerz

ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
Ms Raman Behl...Oooo La La La Big smile

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
In my entire school life, I have shared a tumultuous relationship with most of my teachers.  I never understood what they taught in school and they never understood why it was so important for me to whisper in class, or not to do homework the previous day, or tell my friend right in the middle of the class that the guy in the last bench was slowly developing a crush on her and our plan worked!!!

But that was just the majority of the teachers.  We had two great guys in school.  One was our school principal, very stern, very strict, but with a heart of gold and who loved me... I was his (bad) petWink  No day passed without me going to his room for punishmentsLOL  but he motivated me the most and what I am today is because of Father Gonsalves. 

The other was our Hindi Teacher.  A hindi scholar, he came to bombay to join a college as a Hindi Lecturer, but the college did not commence and he was jobless for a while.  In desperation, he took up a job as a BEST conductor, where Father Gonsalves met him one day.  He got talking to our Hindi Teacher and it was a coincidence that our school did not have  a Hindi Teacher.  Sir joined the school and he changed us all for the better.  A fine human being, man of great principles, everyone loved him, he inspired all of us to push ourselves to higher glory and alongwith my Principal, he was a great motivator in my school life.  With him, I could say with confidence, that I was indeed his pet, his stellar student.  Prof. Roy Pyaarelal was a man par excellance.  I miss you Sir, but I thank God for bringing you to our lives at that juncture when we needed you the most and you did change the course of our destinies. 

They werent great teachers because of me/ we being their pets, but because of their vast knowledge both on the subject and on "children" handling.  No problem was ever too big for them and no question was too simple to answer...  Everyone was equal and they understood each child as being a distinct person.  Anyone could walk upto them and ask their doubts, they always gave a patient hearing.

They were true TEACHERS, they imparted wisdom and knowledge and played a pivotal role in shaping the lives of their students. 

buttercup

IF-Veteran Member

buttercup

Posted: 09 May 2007 at 12:13am | IP Logged
My English teacher who kept me out of ma class for 4 weeks..bcoz i was checking how much ink left in my pen during her class without listening to her LOL LOL LOL

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 09 May 2007 at 2:16am | IP Logged
During my school days , 10th grade, it was my Math teacher Mrs Poorna Diwakar. She was our class teacher too! She was amazing, sharp , witty and very very encouraging ...!!! I am what I am today, a lot the credit goes to her, for showing me , what I was capable of!
Yeah ofcourse, I was her darling... I got caught... talking to my buddy next to me , coz I would be done with my classwork... and she would always ask me to do more, jus to make me shut up....!!! LOL

himmi

Goldie

himmi

Posted: 09 May 2007 at 3:00am | IP Logged
my favourite teacher is Mrs.Anita Raj.she is teaching us english n I think no one can teach like her.she's awesum.she is honest,careful n kind.she nos every trick of teaching.she is not only a gud teacher but also a good friend. Wink I like one more teacher-Mr. vivek dixit.he is a gud teacher n a gud friend.both of them help me to develop self-confidence which is necessary in every part of life 4 marching forward.thus,I adornes my teachers. Wink

Anastacia

IF-Veteran Member

Anastacia

Posted: 09 May 2007 at 8:57am | IP Logged

My all time favourite teacher would have to be my Gr 9, 11, and 12 Biology teacher, Karen Thorne. Don't know why people did not like her. She was moody at times, but I really liked her. She was esp. very sweet to me and persuaded me to work hard. She was extremely helpful when me and my friends entered a Biotech competition. She was the best!

My other fav teacher was my elementary school teacher Ms. Bazos. She was the one who helped me to transition into the "Canadian" system. She really made it easy for me and helped me in any way possible.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top