dobby like kreacher...?

Posted: 16 years ago
hey ppls

i was re-watching the 2nd movie and that got me thinking...

as much as we hate kreacher for what he did to sirius, we seem to forget that dobby did the exact same thing to the malfoys in the 2nd book.... he left their house without their permission and betrayed them (not explicitly, but he did try to help harry)

and if you say what dobby did was ok because the malfoys are jerks and they treated dobby like dirt, well sirius did the same thing with kreacher... he never treated him like a real living thing, definitely not like his equal, but not even like something tolerable..... and kreacher wasnt evil only through his own accord because the house elves are influenced in their thoughts mainly by the family they serve and kreacher spent his whole life with the blacks.....

it's ironic that we hate kreacher so much but we think dobby is a really nice good elf...... and seeing as there's a house elf on the cover of HPDH, house elves probably play some part in the story... u guys think maybe the dobby / kreacher similarities also have some importance?

=D

wow!!....great point yaar πŸ‘ ....u have really thought about this 😊 😊 😊 ....

yeah it is ironic πŸ˜•that we love dobby as a character and hate kreacher πŸ˜† ....though i guess seeing as kreacher helped the bad guys ...we hate him more naturally πŸ˜† .....and dobby well...he helped the gud guys 😳 😳 😳 .....i think it would be natural for us to takes sides like that...

...and the most imporatnt thing...wht Dumbledore said to Harry after Sirius's death is that kreacher would only listen to a person who is from the black family πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜• .....and hence he told the death eaters his whereabouts 😑 😑 😑 ......i guess JK ...has very clevery made this situation....dobby on the other hand used to hurt himself πŸ˜• ...in order to punish himself for betraying the malfoys πŸ˜† .....which kinda made every one say 😳 😳 ......aaaaaaaaaawwwwww 😳 .....hehe.... πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

dobby and kreacher both got treated babdy by their owners πŸ˜• πŸ˜• .....Sirius i guess is a lovely person 😳 .....kreacher reminded him of his past with his family πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜• ...as being a Black...and i guess he always took his angry out on him πŸ˜• .................

great topic..by the way πŸ‘ Edited by TINK - 16 years ago
gud point.....but i thnk evry1 feel sgud bat dobby coz i wntd 2 do gud 2 harry nwizradin wrld...on d oder hnd kreacher dint have ne feeling s like dat......but 2 say d truth both hav dun d exact same fault...both have betrayed deir masters

well thats a striking point u have made there!!!

well i don't know if the similarity will have any importance as such but definately the similarity is striking...

but then on the other hand kreater left because he was LOYAL to the black family whereas dobby overlooked his loyalty for harry...

and when u loook at it their choices are different.... kreature chose to serve the dark side while dobby chose to defy it and as dumbledore once said it all lies in the choices one makes and dobby made the right choice while kreature didnt...

but you did make your point very well πŸ‘ πŸ‘

-❀️Ysh❀️-
Ahaaa, finally someone made a post on this... I had thought of this when i was reading the 5th and 6th books , but felt may be I was reading too much into these characters, but I couldnt brush away the feeling that our attitude , rather the reader's dislike towards Kreacher is derived more from the intense liking for teh Harry Potter and that kreacher served the black family...

Thank you for making this post,... am in ahurry now, but will chip in my thoughts later...again...

And yeah I do believe the house elves will have a major role to play!! 😊
ya me too blive dey wil an imp role in DH
Nice topic...I wanted to hold my posting and had been giving it a thought for a while.....

Here is my take....dobby even though a house elf had a mind of his own and know who to support...he could clearly distinguish between good & evil...where as kreacher on other hand was loyal to family he served...and think of it he was so loyal to Black family that he was blindly serving who ever stayed loyal to Black family name....even after Harry became his master...he still believed in Black family as his serving family.

I am suspecting that in book7 kreacher may escape Hogwarts as DD is gone & spill everything to Balltrix.

BTW this had been most intersting topic & tough one to point who is right & who is wrong..I guess both in a way play special role in HP . I think hermoine S.P.E.W club would be intersting with all these characters
Edited by daisyUSA - 16 years ago
I never tought of it that way!!! but it does make sence.
-Aastha
Originally posted by daisyUSA

Nice topic...I wanted to hold my posting and had been giving it a thought for a while.....

Here is my take....dobby even though a house elf had a mind of his own and know who to support...he could clearly distinguish between good & evil...where as kreacher on other hand was loyal to family he served...and think of it he was so loyal to Black family that he was blindly serving who ever stayed loyal to Black family name....even after Harry became his master...he still believed in Black family as his serving family.

I am suspecting that in book7 kreacher may escape Hogwarts as DD is gone & spill everything to Balltrix.

BTW this had been most intersting topic & tough one to point who is right & who is wrong..I guess both in a way play special role in HP . I think hermoine S.P.E.W club would be intersting with all these characters
ya n i thnk in DH hogwarts wont reopen so tis easy 4 kreacher 2 leave n join bella......
nice topic....ur rite....plus he has been living with the blacks for ages....n blacks rnt exacly the NICEST ppl. n since sirius was totally different from them...n e was kreacher was so damn loyal to th balcks n bella. plus sirius wasnt very ncie tohim either..wellit ereally isnt sirius fault.....