Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   

How carrying oneself impact personality? (Page 2)

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Joined: 31 October 2005
Posts: 28777

Posted: 06 May 2007 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Morning_Dew

Originally posted by raj5000

 

How persons projects his/her appearance. reflects overall  personality?

Do you believe in first immpression is last?

Not giving much here, if you want more explaination or build up, either respond here or PM me. Thanks Anshu.

 


I don't believe that first impression is always last ....but it has profound effect for sure ..
People do intentionally or unintentionally project their personalities through external appearance which not necessarily comprises of attire only .
gestures , tone of voice, most importantly eyes etc give a very quick pic of a personality.. it is very difficult to fake each and everything ....
People use this technique alot of time during job interviews ...though it is well known fact that it doesn't  necessarily turn out  that well everytime, but still I dont think there is sufficient scientific data available to negate the effectiveness of first impression .

Dewey you said it all Clap 

mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Joined: 25 September 2005
Posts: 11613

Posted: 06 May 2007 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Morning_Dew


I don't believe that first impression is always last ....but it has profound effect for sure ..
People do intentionally or unintentionally project their personalities through external appearance which not necessarily comprises of attire only .
gestures , tone of voice, most importantly eyes etc give a very quick pic of a personality.. it is very difficult to fake each and everything ....
People use this technique alot of time during job interviews ...though it is well known fact that it doesn't  necessarily turn out  that well everytime, but still I dont think there is sufficient scientific data available to negate the effectiveness of first impression .

Clap well said dew drop



Edited by mermaid_QT - 06 May 2007 at 12:53pm
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request
Joined: 13 January 2006
Posts: 7780

Posted: 06 May 2007 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
plenty of times the first impression is also the last. Wink after all, who's got time to repeat blind dates with a gal who looks like hell when there's more fish to fry? Wink

and what about those arranged marriage interviews back home? from what i hear, NRI prospectors conduct more probing interviews in the space of a couple of days than big conglomerates do all year.Tongue even before the first impression has time to sink in, it's on to the next. LOL

so yes, in today's fast times, the first impression is the last Smile

Edited by chatbuster - 06 May 2007 at 5:10pm
lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Joined: 18 January 2006
Posts: 2842

Posted: 06 May 2007 at 7:25pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by chatbuster

plenty of times the first impression is also the last. Wink after all, who's got time to repeat blind dates with a gal who looks like hell when there's more fish to fry? Wink

and what about those arranged marriage interviews back home? from what i hear, NRI prospectors conduct more probing interviews in the space of a couple of days than big conglomerates do all year.Tongue even before the first impression has time to sink in, it's on to the next. LOL

so yes, in today's fast times, the first impression is the last Smile

 LOLLOL It must be Indian version of speed dating ...!!!!! One or 2 mins chat and move on to next.. I guess it is pretty common for a recent immigrant to go back to India and interview 15 prospects, pick one get married and come back all in a span of 2-3 weeks..!!!

 I think more then dating , it is job interviews where first impression is all you get...

 True story..I know NRI doctor/nurse couple who got married 5 months ago and wife was telling her story how when she met her husband last year on a blind date , didn't like him but 4 months later they both met again on a trip to Peru with some common friends and got to know him better there as he got sick and she nursed him..!!!! Apparently he had severe bout of stomach virus in Peru and ran out decent toilet paper and wipes..!!! lolzz....

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Joined: 03 December 2006
Posts: 5953

Posted: 06 May 2007 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

 

How persons projects his/her appearance. reflects overall  personality?

Do you believe in first immpression is last? I believe - first impression is a lasting impression not the last... so its true since people use stereotypes, profiling in being judgemental however they may claim otherwise.... but more than the impression its the actuall content in the personality.. People wear expensive outfits and perfumes and travel in expensive mode of transport just to create that impression but if they dont have any substance all it ends up is with disappointment... but these guys are veri quick to make a 180 degrees once they think daal nahi galne wali.. and move on to newer pastures....Smile

Not giving much here, if you want more explaination or build up, either respond here or PM me. Thanks Anshu.

 

raunaq IF-Sizzlerz
raunaq
raunaq

Joined: 10 October 2006
Posts: 12011

Posted: 06 May 2007 at 8:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque


I believe - first impression is a lasting impression not the last...


Clap Clap Clap well said, kya baat hai lagta hai sudhar gaye ho, too good Smile
Aanandaa IF-Sizzlerz
Aanandaa
Aanandaa

Joined: 07 April 2005
Posts: 13876

Posted: 06 May 2007 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raunaq

Originally posted by qwertyesque


I believe - first impression is a lasting impression not the last...


Clap Clap Clap well said, kya baat hai lagta hai sudhar gaye ho, too good Smile


Nani ji, nope not yet..Read the other posts... Ouch
Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 12 November 2006
Posts: 13617

Posted: 06 May 2007 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
What impact does beauty leave over you?

2 3 4 5 6 7

Author: Fair-n-luvly   Replies: 51   Views: 3238

Fair-n-luvly 51 3238 18 August 2009 at 7:41am by Gauri_3
Do the Sting operations have any impact?

Author: IdeaQueen   Replies: 8   Views: 1172

IdeaQueen 8 1172 31 October 2007 at 11:49pm by Anuradha
Does global political changes impact?

Author: raj5000   Replies: 0   Views: 392

raj5000 0 392 16 October 2007 at 8:23pm by raj5000
What impact will Post office closures ha?

Author: WillSmith456   Replies: 0   Views: 297

WillSmith456 0 297 09 December 2006 at 10:11am by WillSmith456
Did any book create impact on you?

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author: IdeaQueen   Replies: 64   Views: 4445

IdeaQueen 64 4445 17 October 2006 at 1:49am by IdeaQueen

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index