How carrying oneself impact personality?

Posted: 16 years ago

How persons projects his/her appearance. reflects overall  personality?

Do you believe in first immpression is last?

Not giving much here, if you want more explaination or build up, either respond here or PM me. Thanks Anshu.

why PM anshu? kya baat hai? 😭 😭 😭

first impression is the last impression, very true but sometimes you need to know the person to know his personality. there has been times where you have a different impression about the person and then once you start knowing the person you change your opinion 😛 hope that helps, is this your homework like the chicken or egg thing? 😉

Originally posted by raunaq

why PM anshu? kya baat hai? 😭 😭 😭

first impression is the last impression, very true but sometimes you need to know the person to know his personality. there has been times where you have a different impression about the person and then once you start knowing the person you change your opinion 😛 hope that helps, is this your homework like the chicken or egg thing? 😉

Arrey no Raunaq - sometimes if clarifications are required or if someone has a link on explaining the debate more then after getting PM, can add it, goes without saying, with full credit to the person.

"hope that helps, is this your homework like the chicken or egg thing? 😉 " lolss nooo Overgrow the homework help. thanks to googs friend.😃

Agree on bold...

Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago
honestly .... first impressions are last impressions when they're so bad that another impression after the first is not desired 😆...

first impressions can actually sometimes be very different from last impressions ... i mean i have personal experience with this (i'm sure most of us here do too) and that is why i feel this way .... i have a friend who i disliked very much when i first met her ... in fact we didn't get along at all and whenever we had to work together in junior school we needed a mediator to get us through the project ... now she is one of my best friends ... point being - people change and thus a first impression can't always be the last ....but i guess this applies more to personal relationships .... not professional ones ...

as far as first impressions go in professional settings ... i do think that your first impression is your last one cause if your first impression isn't a good one ... you're not going to get a chance at a second one ....

now for someone who makes-or shall i say fakes- a great first (and second+third) impression ... but really messes up afterwards ... the first impression is not what will stand out ... it is the negative impression that will be remembered ....

negative experiences are remembered quicker than positive ones ...... so whether your first impression or your tenth is negative .... i truly think that it will stand out more than any of the positive ones (fro example, although me and my friend get along like a house on fire now .... we can still recall all those negative impressions in a second ... we easily laugh them off now but they remain unforgettable)
Tasha! Welcome again to DM, I appreciate your detailed reponse here, we owe an reply, just stopped by to say IF rocks!! ... Thanks!! 👏

Originally posted by raj5000

Tasha! Welcome again to DM, I appreciate your detailed reponse here, we owe an reply, just stopped by to say IF rocks!! ... Thanks!! 👏

hey no problem ... i have some time on my hands now so i think you'll be seeing more of my posts now😆

Originally posted by raj5000

How persons projects his/her appearance. reflects overall  personality?

Do you believe in first immpression is last?

Not giving much here, if you want more explaination or build up, either respond here or PM me. Thanks Anshu.

I don't believe that first impression is always last ....but it has profound effect for sure ..
People do intentionally or unintentionally project their personalities through external appearance which not necessarily comprises of attire only .
gestures , tone of voice, most importantly eyes etc give a very quick pic of a personality.. it is very difficult to fake each and everything ....
People use this technique alot of time during job interviews ...though it is well known fact that it doesn't  necessarily turn out  that well everytime, but still I dont think there is sufficient scientific data available to negate the effectiveness of first impression .

Edited by Morning_Dew - 16 years ago

No...I don't believe that first impressions are the last!

All my good friends today are those who've I've previously disliked! 😆 And those I got along with at first instant...Well my opinions have changed!

But in terms of people who you see once or twice...First impressions are definately the last since yeah...Nothing really can ever change that!

Originally posted by Morning_Dew

I don't believe that first impression is always last ....but it has profound effect for sure ..
People do intentionally or unintentionally project their personalities through external appearance which not necessarily comprises of attire only .
gestures , tone of voice, most importantly eyes etc give a very quick pic of a personality.. it is very difficult to fake each and everything ....
People use this technique alot of time during job interviews ...though it is well known fact that it doesn't  necessarily turn out  that well everytime, but still I dont think there is sufficient scientific data available to negate the effectiveness of first impression .

Dewey you said it all 👏 

Originally posted by Morning_Dew

👏 well said dew drop

Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago