Harry Potter
Harry Potter

India-Forums

DOTW -- Reasons - Is Black dead..? (Page 2)

ammmu IF-Veteran Member
ammmu
ammmu

Posted: 06 May 2007 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Great topic Sam..!! Tongue

Hmm.. as hard as it is for me to say, I know that Sirius is dead, but however there are possibilities of Harry having some kind communication with him...?

The two way mirror.. i know Harry already tried that in OoTP, but he hasn't tried it since then..

We have not seen Sirius dead, we just know that he is.. however this isn't really something we can go into, although it may be revisited in DH..!!

But actually, I think that JKR has confirmed his death.. let me try and find an interview and show, because i really thought she said that..!! If i'm wrong then cholly.. but lemme go find Tongue
Naughty_n_nice IF-Veteran Member
Naughty_n_nice
Naughty_n_nice

Posted: 06 May 2007 at 12:07pm | IP Logged

Yeah, i think i would want a confirmation too, whether he IS dead or not. But here's why i think Sirius IS dead.

1. He was fighting throughout with his cousin Bellatrix without a sign of fear in his face... Throughout the fight, he completely ruled the place, but by some stroke of luck, when he fell back against the veil, though there was still a smile on his face... "The laughter had not quite died from his face, but his eyes widened in shock"... Sirius himself knew that she had got him, and that he was falling... behind, ... beyond the veil.

2. Remus Lupin said that he won't be back. He said this to Harry and he almost said he was dead, if harry hadn't cut him off.

3. Dumbledore referred to Black as dead. And Dumbledore is right. Always.

These are my reasons why Sirius Black is dead. However, he could be back, in the form of a ghost, a portrait, the mirror, from behind the veil. But he's dead, or so i think with the evidence we have right now.
ammmu IF-Veteran Member
ammmu
ammmu

Posted: 06 May 2007 at 4:33pm | IP Logged

Here's the interview.. it's not the one i was thinking of but it's regarding Siriu's death.

Look for the parts about Sirius and you can see that she really says that she killed him.. something kind of finalising that he isn't coming back...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4690000/newsid_4690 800/4690885.stm

Some other things, like Sam said, Both DD  and Lupin said that Sirius are dead and they don't give any inclination or any kind of hint that he will be coming back..

will try and find that other int i was talking about and post it here..!!

EDIT - This also is not the one i was talking abt. but here's one where she says it's definitive...

http://www.accio-quote.org/themes/sirius.htm

Edited by ammmu - 06 May 2007 at 4:39pm
sareeta IF-Sizzlerz
sareeta
sareeta

Posted: 07 May 2007 at 1:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ammmu

Here's the interview.. it's not the one i was thinking of but it's regarding Siriu's death.

Look for the parts about Sirius and you can see that she really says that she killed him.. something kind of finalising that he isn't coming back...

Some other things, like Sam said, Both DD  and Lupin said that Sirius are dead and they don't give any inclination or any kind of hint that he will be coming back..

EDIT - This also is not the one i was talking abt. but here's one where she says it's definitive...

Thanks Ammmu, will check out the links soon and yeah , I too believe Sirius is dead ...

tukz_REmix IF-Rockerz
tukz_REmix
tukz_REmix

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ammmu

hey thnx but stil its hard 4 me to blive sirius is ded...i htnk he have gone under d veil frm wich its impossible 2 cum out...n its referd as gud as ded....but dey r nto actually .....remember wen harry n oders wnt 2 d ministry in OOTP dey herd whishpers...i htnk dat was of whom hu were dere in side d veil.....
~Sirius*Ysh~ IF-Dazzler
~Sirius*Ysh~
~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 2:16am | IP Logged
well that is an older one... im still trying to find the one i read on mugglenet where she says that she is keeping quiet about sirius and nothing more will be said about it...

-HeartYshHeart-
albusdumbledore IF-Dazzler
albusdumbledore
albusdumbledore

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 8:52am | IP Logged
Ok.... now there are major flaws in your post here....... and of many of those who have replied to yours....

Sirius Black is dead. (how much ever I hate to say this but its true.) JKR actually did confirm it.

here is the quote from QQQ (Quick Quotes Quill - The no. 1 site for JKR Quotes on the net.)

She says this about writing the death in book five: JKR: "Yeah. Well I had re-written the death, re-written it and that was it. It was definitive. And the person was definitely dead. And I walked into the kitchen crying and Neil said to me, 'What on earth is wrong?' and I said, 'Well, I've just killed the person.' Neil doesn't know who the person is. But I said, 'I've just killed the person.' And he said, 'Well, don't do it then.' I thought, 'a doctor' you know ... and I said 'Well it just doesn't work like that. You are writing children's books, you need to be a ruthless killer.'"

here's the exact quote from the interview

JP: And is there going to be a death in this book?

JKR: Yes. A horrible, horrible

JP: A horrible death of a significant figure.

JKR: Yeah. I went into the kitchen having done it...

JP: What, killed this person?

JKR: Yeah. Well I had re-written the death, re-written it and that was it. It was definitive. And the person was definitely dead. And I walked into the kitchen crying and Neil said to me, "What on earth is wrong?" and I said, "Well, I've just killed the person". Neil doesn't know who the person is. But I said, "I've just killed the person. And he said, "Well, don't do it then." I thought, a doctor you know... and I said "Well it just doesn't work like that. You are writing children's books, you need to be a ruthless killer."

The above quote is from the interview with Jeremy Paxman on Newsnight on the launch of the OotP book. you can read the full interview here. Please note that this interview was done just after the release of OotP hence the charecter who will die is not named but it is very evident.

regards,

tejas
Snape Senior Member
Snape
Snape

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 10:19am | IP Logged
black cant be fully termed as dead ...

the room with the curtain in the department of mysteries is called "death chamber."   let us assume that the curtain separates this world to the world of dead and acts as a gateway . when someone dies, his soul leaves the body here and moves to that particular world . but serious , not hit by a killing curse ( a red curse ) moved to that world of dead through that curtain with his soul still in his body . so it may be possible that he might be alive at there.

in GOF , harry got some help from the people beyond the world of deads , when his parents appeared in some form , serius who always felt responsible for harry and tried to help him, might also try and help harry again in some way from wherever he is now .

also another thing is, the Deathly hallows children's cover of US edition . the scene shows clearly a room and some stone chairs that also looks like steps around harry and voldemort which also happens to be circular . to me , this looks like that chamber of death , and smells like serius appearing again ! .... or even dumbledore

Go to top