Harry Potter

DOTW -- Reasons - Is Black dead..?

Naughty_n_nice thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hey friends!

Our discussion of the week this time is... "Based on your reasons, is Sirius Black dead?"

Imagine that JK Rowling hasn't said that Sirius Black is definitely dead. Are there any reasons why you think Sirius might still be alive or that he might come back in some form? If so, which form? Why is there such a possibility? Think innovative!

And PLEASE don't say that he's dead and not coming back. We know that. If, however you want to state reasons as to why he's dead, please go ahead.

Loads of love!

meghavi, khushi, sam and manshi
Harry Potter Forum Development Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

griffy.fz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
👏 great discussion
umm yeah i do hope that sirius is back but i kno he wont be but still lets see
ifeel that mirror will help harry in contacting with sirius and that viel thingy with people whispering it must be some thing important there was awhole chap on it.. behind the viel
he might come back at the point when harry doesn't kno what to dio
whatever it is
i guess sirius will help harry in some form be it dead alive ,spirit!
love u all
griffy
~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
ha sam! great topic... my type.. trust me i'll be in here replying to every post :> :> :> :>

ok all of you know that here i am going to say that Black is alive. but not without reason yaar!

BEcause as i always state as a bottonmline - SIRIUS BLACK-ALIVE UNTIL PROVEN DEAD

ok a few pointes here to be noted :

1. first and foremost.. JKR has NOT confirmed his death to date. And i have seen the mugglenet interview and will try to get it for you but the point is that she has said that DUMBLEDORE is dead for sure but she will not speak about sirius black

2. second she has also mentioned that we will be seeing the return of one charector. I have gone through this a lot and the only one i can come up with by the process of elimination are the Potters and Sirius and its most likely to be sirius cos she still has to prove his death!

3. Well sirius black plays a vital role and its obvious. His "Death" (im still gonna say it within air quotes [-( ) is gonna b something vital to show us all something and JKR had better have a good reason for his "death".. if he is "dead" as some people say he is...

4. we have not seen his dead body and neither do we have 100% proof that he is dead!!!!!!!!

5. Remember luna said at the end of OoP that the people behind the curtain are there and the voices are heard... well JKR has said in an interview that there are clues all over her book and in another interview that Luna's and Ron's words have an unbelievable knack of actually coming true...

6. Sirius is one person harry loves other than his parents and he has the power of love on his side other than voldemort so in that case sirius will have to be back for his power of love to take shape against voldy!!!!

7. Well last but not the least... such a hot guy cannot die so easily without proof or reason.. mainly cos i wont let him 😆😆

cheers
-❤️Ysh❤️-

Edited by ~Sirius*Ysh~ - 16 years ago
daisyUSA thumbnail

Originally posted by: griffinmonster

👏 great discussion
umm yeah i do hope that sirius is back but i kno he wont be but still lets see
ifeel that mirror will help harry in contacting with sirius and that viel thingy with people whispering it must be some thing important there was awhole chap on it.. behind the viel
he might come back at the point when harry doesn't kno what to dio
whatever it is
i guess sirius will help harry in some form be it dead alive ,spirit!
love u all
griffy

First of all great topic. Also griffy I was thinking on same line that since JKR never said Sirus is dead..she said he went to some other world from where it is no possible to come...I also read that Sirus 2way mirror will play imp role...so there may be some concept same as moving pictures/potraits of headmaster giving advice & guidance to acting headmaster...

tukz_REmix thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
gr8 topic......i thnk dere wil b sum surprisin thngs like he n luna's mom appearing from d veil
HarshuKiDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
great topic 😊
well, i do agree with the fact that jkr has never said that sirius is dead.... & then the veil..... i dunno if he's dead or not, but there is definitely something mysterious about the way sirius was shown to die... lets see wat happens
~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
good point! i totally forgot about d 2 way mirror!!! well im sure that the reappearance of that will mead the reappearance of sirius black [-(
daisyUSA thumbnail
Oh I totally forgot about luna's mom ...great point 👏
ammmu thumbnail
Great topic Sam..!! 😛

Hmm.. as hard as it is for me to say, I know that Sirius is dead, but however there are possibilities of Harry having some kind communication with him...?

The two way mirror.. i know Harry already tried that in OoTP, but he hasn't tried it since then..

We have not seen Sirius dead, we just know that he is.. however this isn't really something we can go into, although it may be revisited in DH..!!

But actually, I think that JKR has confirmed his death.. let me try and find an interview and show, because i really thought she said that..!! If i'm wrong then cholly.. but lemme go find 😛
Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

Yeah, i think i would want a confirmation too, whether he IS dead or not. But here's why i think Sirius IS dead.

1. He was fighting throughout with his cousin Bellatrix without a sign of fear in his face... Throughout the fight, he completely ruled the place, but by some stroke of luck, when he fell back against the veil, though there was still a smile on his face... "The laughter had not quite died from his face, but his eyes widened in shock"... Sirius himself knew that she had got him, and that he was falling... behind, ... beyond the veil.

2. Remus Lupin said that he won't be back. He said this to Harry and he almost said he was dead, if harry hadn't cut him off.

3. Dumbledore referred to Black as dead. And Dumbledore is right. Always.

These are my reasons why Sirius Black is dead. However, he could be back, in the form of a ghost, a portrait, the mirror, from behind the veil. But he's dead, or so i think with the evidence we have right now.