Debate Mansion

Controversies in Reality TV , right?

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Sur_Sangam wrote " Controversy has become such an integral part of reality shows, that viewers have become experts in seeing through it. Controversies have been created to give a tinge of masala  to make the program more spicy πŸ˜ƒand raising trp's as the end result."

Thanks to SRGM / Manjuji / Sur_Surgam - this makes a very intersting debateable topic.

Topic - Emphasizing controversies, emotional aspects of reality TV  - right? or just an trp booster and playing with human emotions (not moral) ?

Do you get involved personally or emotionally if any reality serial projects emotional distressing moments?

Please Thank Sur_Sangam / Manjudi if you like this topic. Thanks!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mermaid_QT thumbnail
I don't get involved in reality show anymore because except Sanchita (srgmp little champs winner) & Rahul (Big Boss winner), I've had terrible time digesting winners.

I was particularly very involved in Jhalak Dikhla ja and Shweta's loss got me worked up for no cause. Same with Karunya 😭 😭 😭 ..

Judge controversy could be fun up to a ceratin point. I will look fwd to Javed Akhtar's quip remarks πŸ˜ƒ . I don't think excessive fighting, rudeness and brash behaviour out of control entertains me, although it muct be entertaining several since it is the sure recipe for a hit reality show... I do not let it affect my judgment. It is mostly made up I believe.
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† reality TV fires great fights in their respective sections at IF. I really don't care at all about all the dramabazi shown on TV but absolutely adore the fights between the fan groups πŸ˜† I am a chronic HR basher.....and because of that, I enjoyed bashing Vineet too....even though I was not a debo fan.....hope did not confuse y'all πŸ˜†

I do feel for the mods at the end of these fights .... sach mein 😊 Beats me how come they don't jump in.....these fights are too tempting to stay away πŸ˜›
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Now I do not let myself get much involved with reality shows anymore. I see through it right a way. 😑 🀒

I have learned to accept that true talent never wins only in case of Lil champ Sanchita. I was happy to see the justice being served.

My heart broke into pieces when I saw Nihira getting eliminated. I cried for days and still do when I see her on TV 😭 😭 . But her elimination prepared me for Hemachandra's elimination . Although i still cried 😭 😭 😭 .

Than came II 2 and when I saw Karunya losing I decided no more emotional invlovment on reality show. It is very difficult to see nautanky and games by show creators which plays with human emotions and makes money with that. ANything which involves unlimited janta voting is not a real talent show. It is money making business IMHO.
awwww dabs...see it this way...Nihi, Hema, and Karunya ARE THE WINNERS in the truest sense. ll three have kickstarted their careers. Don't feel bad jaanu πŸ€—   
Snape thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
if only there is a reality TV without judges's interfere , justice can be served ... such as fear factor , amazing race etc
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Gauri_3

awwww dabs...see it this way...Nihi, Hema, and Karunya ARE THE WINNERS in the truest sense. ll three have kickstarted their careers. Don't feel bad jaanu πŸ€—   

Yeah GD They are the true winners πŸ€— 

Cant wait for II 3 and SRGMP shows πŸ˜ƒ

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Sometimes I feel that the so called fights by the jury are staged.. to boost the trp and their own footage in media. During the II first season, I used to get worked up and was upset when rahul vaidya lost. Then read in newspapers somewhere that results are rigged somehow, dont know whether true or false but from then onwards try and stay away from getting worked up and voting. Still sometimes get worked up and vote but mostly avoid and just try and enjoy the show. 😊
persistence thumbnail
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Yahan sab ko sab istemaal karte hain, meethi meethi churi se halaal karte hain. πŸ˜‰

I love the song. 😳

Persy
This content was originally posted by: raj5000

Topic - Emphasizing controversies, emotional aspects of reality TV  - right? or just an trp booster and playing with human emotions (not moral) ?

TV shows run on TRPs. TRPs means more advertisements and more money for channels. When everyone is in the rat race of making money then why should they be left behind? If tomorrow they get higher TRPs for sensible programs then that will be the flair. As long as dramatic emotions as in K serials and drama in reality shows bring them TRPs it is what will stay and from a business point of view, there is nothing wrong in it. There is no morality issue. As soon as we see a contestant we utter 'Oh that pretty girl', 'that handsome guy', 'the one from Assam', 'Bikaner wala guy'. We put tag on each contestant and unknowingly we bring the bias through gender, region or looks.