putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 24 May 2007 at 8:01pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by T.

Originally posted by putturani

can I call you Tanaz?Embarrassed

Sure Smile

Hearing this from a great writer like you is a big compliment. Some of Narayan's feelings are my own (some not all) as I dsicovered different parts of India.

Oh I'm no great writer. LOL I've a long way to go. But, I'm not surprised if they are your own. A writer always puts in his/her own experiences in a story in some way or another.  Of course you are. I loved the atmos in the story about Virginia Tech.Cry Yea, they do no? My first few years in India were like a rollercoaster. I was als contantly hopping to and fro so it was quite tough. But luckily, Narayan has it easier.Big smile

I love critisism! Thanks for telling me, it really helps. HugOne question, what exactly do you mean? Can u give me a sample phrase? I won't use the same one of course but then I'll know exacly what you are talking about. And thanks for the tip, I have an idea what you mean but I just wanna be sure. I'll keep in mind next time.

Oh sorry for being vague! For instance, you show Durga blushing as her physical reaction. But, how does Narayan react? Does he find his heart skipping a beat, does he feel a strange warmth creep up his face or his ears? Just a basic physical reaction, which hints at the beginning of his attraction to Durga. It makes a better impact than just the word "beautiful". Hope that helps! yes it does! Thanks. Hug It helped loads.  Now I understood.Big smile You see, I'm a girl ( I hope you could make outLOL) and I don't have much contact with boys. So now I'll start paying more attention to Narayan's physical reactionsLOLLOL

Originally posted by ~Sirius*Ysh~

yea i have been there in the sue graveyard LOL....  Scary place, no? I tremble there.OuchLOL

dont worry both ur charectors are faaaaaaaar away from sue-ishness of any sort Embarrassed Just tell me as soon as they start going in that direction. You know, something funny that happens to me? When I'm not thinking of CtID at all, suddenly a voice in my head pops up and says - she's a Sue! And I'm like...Shocked I think my murdered Sues are haunting me.LOL

esp durga Embarrassed

nd good luck with ur MUN!!! Thank you. I'm feeling scared.

nd make sure u have a bank b4 u get busier Tongue  Haha sounds unlikely. I' flying out on Tue.

luvya

HeartYshHeart

OMG. Ysh's post and no nagging? I tihnk I'll die of shock. Anyway chodo, since you didn't nag you'll get an update today.Big smile Oh yes, and Mini, you're flattering won't help. But since all you lovely people commented and made my day,Big smile I'll update today and update once more before I leave.Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "CITD - Update Pg 18 (Page 8)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 24 May 2007 at 8:01pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by T.

Originally posted by putturani

can I call you Tanaz?Embarrassed

Sure Smile

Hearing this from a great writer like you is a big compliment. Some of Narayan's feelings are my own (some not all) as I dsicovered different parts of India.

Oh I'm no great writer. LOL I've a long way to go. But, I'm not surprised if they are your own. A writer always puts in his/her own experiences in a story in some way or another.  Of course you are. I loved the atmos in the story about Virginia Tech.Cry Yea, they do no? My first few years in India were like a rollercoaster. I was als contantly hopping to and fro so it was quite tough. But luckily, Narayan has it easier.Big smile

I love critisism! Thanks for telling me, it really helps. HugOne question, what exactly do you mean? Can u give me a sample phrase? I won't use the same one of course but then I'll know exacly what you are talking about. And thanks for the tip, I have an idea what you mean but I just wanna be sure. I'll keep in mind next time.

Oh sorry for being vague! For instance, you show Durga blushing as her physical reaction. But, how does Narayan react? Does he find his heart skipping a beat, does he feel a strange warmth creep up his face or his ears? Just a basic physical reaction, which hints at the beginning of his attraction to Durga. It makes a better impact than just the word "beautiful". Hope that helps! yes it does! Thanks. Hug It helped loads.  Now I understood.Big smile You see, I'm a girl ( I hope you could make outLOL) and I don't have much contact with boys. So now I'll start paying more attention to Narayan's physical reactionsLOLLOL

Originally posted by ~Sirius*Ysh~

yea i have been there in the sue graveyard LOL....  Scary place, no? I tremble there.OuchLOL

dont worry both ur charectors are faaaaaaaar away from sue-ishness of any sort Embarrassed Just tell me as soon as they start going in that direction. You know, something funny that happens to me? When I'm not thinking of CtID at all, suddenly a voice in my head pops up and says - she's a Sue! And I'm like...Shocked I think my murdered Sues are haunting me.LOL

esp durga Embarrassed

nd good luck with ur MUN!!! Thank you. I'm feeling scared.

nd make sure u have a bank b4 u get busier Tongue  Haha sounds unlikely. I' flying out on Tue.

luvya

HeartYshHeart

OMG. Ysh's post and no nagging? I tihnk I'll die of shock. Anyway chodo, since you didn't nag you'll get an update today.Big smile Oh yes, and Mini, you're flattering won't help. But since all you lovely people commented and made my day,Big smile I'll update today and update once more before I leave.Big smile

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 25 May 2007 at 3:12am | IP Logged

Hello all you lovely people! Thank you soo much for reviewing.Hug Your reviews made my day.Big smile I'd like to than: ysh, Rashmi, Niyu, Tanaz, Mini, Suhana and Shriya. I hope I haven't missed anyone. I hope you like this chapter and like you did last time - REVIEW! You'll put a smile on someone's face, for sure. This is again, a light hearted chapter. Remember, read, enjoy and review!

"Yes ma'am,"  She came running in.

"Anu!" Durga breathed her eyes wide.  "Get rid of it! Please, get rid of it!" She waved her finger in the direction of her drawer where an innocent looking mouse darted around. Without a word, Anu used a cloth bag to trap the mouse and ran out of the room. "Phew!" Durga breathed a sigh ofrelief. She hated insects and rodents of all types – a fact that made her feel quite guilty as she was unwilling to take the kids out to their favorite playground.

They were all laughing about it later when they were sitting in Lalbagh that evening.  "Durga, I think London spoils you," laughed Jayanti. "I think you need to be toughened up in India before you return."

"Nah, a few years of 'toughening up' in your wonderful schools nearly killed me." Durga had hated having to go to school in India for a few years and she made that quite public. "Ouch!" Kranti had tapped her on the shoulder and was off in a flash, yelling "I got you! I got you!" In a few minutes, the adults were amused to see Durga, Tara, Kranti and Putti all running after each other and giggling madly. Finally, Durga managed to tag Kranti before collapsing exhausted on the grass. "I'm…ha…too exhausted to continue," gasped Durga as she lay facing the sky. 

"No worries kids, I'll take over." Narayan hauled himself off the grass. If he wasn't careful, cooking in the Shastri household was going to make him 15 pounds overweight soon and frolicking with children was better than sweating it out in the gym. Durga watched with a warm feeling in her heart as she watched the three of them running around. She didn't fail to notice how he would slow down just before he caught up with Kranti to give her a bit of a lead before running after her again.

"He'll make an excellent dad. That's the sort of man you should be looking for," remarked Tara. The comment earned her a withering look.

"If you are so interested in him, why don't you make a move on him yourself?" Durga asked, annoyed.  Tara was a born matchmaker and she never stopped hooking Durga up with one guy or another. Sometimes, Durga was inclined to think that Tara was waiting to get rid of her. Tara merely rolled her eyes; a bad habit she had picked up from Durga. "Honestly Tara, are you trying to get rid of me?" Tara laughed. "If you are fond of all guys who are good with kids, why don't you go for Alok? He's terrific with children."

"What?  What…what did you say?" Tara chocked on her raw mango. "I…Alok…me…what?' She spluttered incoherently, her face scarlet. Durga watched amused as her sister spluttered and stumbled in an outrage. She was very embarrassed and shocked.

"Ok ok chill. Don't get your knickers in a twist." Now it was Durga's turn to laugh at Tara who resembled an overripe tomato. "Stop choking." She quickly glanced to see if her mother had heard their talk. However, Narayan had all of them engrossed in a "stone, paper, scissors" tournament.  Good thing too; her mother was scandalized at everything.

"Auntie! You beat me again!" Narayan laughed as Kamala got used to the new game. He was becoming fonder of her as she looked after him in her house. She laughed and for a moment, Narayan could see how she would have been twenty years ago, happy and carefree before the troubles of everyday life began to take a toll on her. She resembled her daughter so much, except that Durga already had the look of someone who had seen a lot and thought about many things a normal young woman wouldn't be bothered about.

They all returned home a few hours later, exhausted but happy. There had been several more "stone, paper, scissors," tournaments as well as races around the numerous blooming trees that were scattered all around Lalbagh. "I am much too exhausted to cook now," moaned Jayanti as they all entered the house. The others couldn't have agreed more.  But the cooking had to be done, no matter what and finally, with everyone pitching in a bit. Of course, being a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth, the dinner wasn't great, but edible all the same.

After dinner, during a quiet moment, Durga sought out Narayan to have a few words. He was quietly reading, something which she was usually inclined to do. "Umm…can I have a seat?" She asked timidly. He looked up from his book surprised.

"Last time I checked, it was your house. Did it suddenly change ownership in the past two seconds?"

She extended her arm to hit him for the sarcasm but withdrew it at the last minute as it was more intimacy than she was ready for. He wished she had continued. So far, he hadn't felt the "spark", as his friends called it and he had a feeling she would make him feel it. "Hmpf. Don't pick up all my bad habits. I'm bad enough. More sarcasm could kill all of us. Anyway, the thing I wanted to talk to you about is, wannabepotentialfriends?" she quickly asked. Her lowered eyes only met his confused ones. Seeing that he hadn't understood head or tail of the gibberish she just sprouted, Durga spoke slowly. "I said, do you want to be potential friends?"

He raised an amused eyebrow but he couldn't help the happiness that was spreading through him in a slow, gentle wave. It was unexplainable and he didn't try to change that. "Why potential friends? Why not simple friends?" He asked curiously.

She shuffled her feet. "I'm…I'm not the easiest person to get along with. Friendship or any relationship becomes a bind. So I thought a potential friendship may be easier." Narayan frowned at her words, she sounded quite cynical.

"Deal," he said and held out his hand.

"Deal," she repeated and shook his. It felt warm and pleasant. He felt the same warmth she did, and an instinctive urge to protect the small hand in his. But such feelings were dizzying, and he gently pushed them aside for the moment. There would always be time later.

Edited by putturani - 25 May 2007 at 8:30am

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 25 May 2007 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Umm guys I had to ask you something.  I was trying to put faces to the characters of CtID but I was having a tough time. So if you think the face of any bolly/telly/holly actor/actress or anyone else suits the characters of CtID, do drop a line. I'm veyr curious to know.

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 25 May 2007 at 10:25am | IP Logged

me first me first me first!!!

ok done Embarrassed

i wanted to review first this time [-(

and im so glad it was this chapter Embarrassed

one word... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

so cute Embarrassed

potential friends Embarrassed cynical is so right LOL

nd so so cute Embarrassed im falling in luv with narayan i tell u... soon mebbe ill change my ID to SiriusNarayanYsh... bt dat will b a little too much dunt u think LOLLOL...

nd tara's reaction to alok was too good LOLLOLLOL it had me laughing too hard...

love the shastri household...

nd i love the way u have explained narayans feelings Embarrassed

update soon

luv

ysh Embarrassed

Edited by ~Sirius*Ysh~ - 25 May 2007 at 10:42am

Adi''s_GirL

IF-Rockerz

Adi''s_GirL

Posted: 25 May 2007 at 10:39am | IP Logged
dang! ysh, u beat me to it... oh well

i enjoyed the chapter... i've been so busy reading everyone's story that i dont
even get a chance to update mine... haha... but that's ok... i enjoy reading
everyone else's work!

so durga finally decides to befriend narayan! yey!! i cant wait to read more
abt them... im also very very very curious abt durga's paternal side of the
family... what really did happen??

liked this chapter just as much as the others... do continue soon!! ur a great
great writer!! Big smile

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 25 May 2007 at 10:49am | IP Logged
guess what rash! we'll get another update today... i just read that... nd now im jumping up and down!!!!

u knw wht, ill lay off nagging u for some time!!!!!EmbarrassedHug

ur the absolute best EmbarrassedHug

oh and an answer to ur charector stuff... i sort of pictured mansi parekh (TP from FOUR) as durga... nd one other person who isnt striking me right now.. ill let u knw then...

nd for narayan... i wnna leve him to my imagination cos hes toooo cute to be any living person EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

HeartYshHeart

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 25 May 2007 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Great chapter! I like the slowly evolving relationship between D and N.

Actually, I never put film actors' faces to stories and leave them to my own imagination.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top