CITD - Update Pg 18 (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 20

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 16 May 2007 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
[color=FF0099] well yea i agree its short... but i did guess something was up with durga's past... well anyway i liked it.. as i always like ur style of writing this one was too good as well...

well hopefully u'll update soon...

i kinda like durga and her family...

curious too...

LOL

anyways

hope to c an update soon

luv

HeartMrs. Sirius Black aka YshHeart

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "CITD - Update Pg 18 (Page 5)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 17 May 2007 at 1:22am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ~Sirius*Ysh~

[color=FF0099] well yea i agree its short... but i did guess something was up with durga's past... well anyway i liked it.. as i always like ur style of writing this one was too good as well...

Thanks so much. I'll update the next part soon. I like to have a bank so although the next part is ready, I won't update it till I write some more. The thing with Durga is, she's a complex person and she's very smart too. The flip side to it is that she  understands a lot and thinks a lot so her family issues become a bigger deal to her than necessary.

well hopefully u'll update soon... I will, just as soon as I write another thousand words.LOL

i kinda like durga and her family... Me too. I love Putti as she is based on a real life character - my super-cute cousin!

curious too...

LOL

anyways

hope to c an update soon You will

luv

take care

HeartMrs. Sirius Black aka YshHeart

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 17 May 2007 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
Aww come on guys! Such an imprtant chapter and not much response? Cry Cry Cry You can do better than that!

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Posted: 18 May 2007 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Thanks so much. I'll update the next part soon. I like to have a bank so although the next part is ready, I won't update it till I write some more.
[color]

Thats how i operate too... at least i used to till i reached a hiatus and my "bank account" was totally empty LOL so im working on depositting some these holidays LOLLOL

and dunt wry yaar ppl r all on their holidays ull get reviews soon... btw read my stry na WinkWinkWink

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 19 May 2007 at 12:56am | IP Logged

Thanks so much guys! Ysh, I'll read your story soon - either tonight or Monday. Ummm...bad news everyone. Due to personal reasons I won't be able to write this fic till Monday or Tuesday. So sorry for future delays as my bank of updates is slowly getting over.

However, after sleeping in the afternoon Durga found herself tossing and turning. Deciding not to disturb anyone, she turned on her laptop to check if any of her friends were online. They weren't but her cousin Alok was.

DesiDurga:  Namaste Anna (big brother)

Superman: Hey sis, watcha doin so l8?

DesiDurga: Stop the chatspeak

Superman: Ok Ms. Purist, what are you doing so late?

DesiDurga: I could ask the same of you. I couldn't sleep.

Superman: I was just talking to a friend

DesiDurga: Clandestine chatter? ;)

Superman: No no, *blush* you know how my mom is. She still believes I have to be in bed by nine.

Durga pulled a face, she knew exactly how his mother could be and she didn't like it one bit. She didn't know how Alok stood her.

DesiDurga: LOL! I made a new acquaintance today, his name is Narayan.

It wouldn't be wise to tell Alok that he was staying with them. If, God forbid, this news reached her aunt, grandparents and father, a hurricane would look tame.

Superman: Cool! Is he a nice acquaintance or a painful one?

DesiDurga: Don't know yet

Superman: Just wait a little longer darling, I'll surely tell them

What was that? The guy was her cousin! Darling? How weird could he get? What was going on?

DesiDurga: Huh? What was that? Are you high on something?

Superman: Damn! No no no! Just forget it, ok?

DesiDurga: Tell me, please. I'm your adorable younger sis

Superman: You were. And it's nothing. Forget it, ok?

DesiDurga: Please Alok? *puppy face* You know I'll be pretty chilled out about it. I won't even tell anyone. In fact, I'll be thrilled to have a bhabhi.

Superman: …hmm…

DesiDurga: Is she your girlfriend? When did you meet? Are you serious? When can I meet her?

Superman: Stop the questions! Answers are yes, a long time ago, yes and a long time from now. Please, Durga, let it be

DesiDurga: Ok…so what else?

Durga let it be. She wasn't upset that Alok was dating some girl, in fact, she was quite happy. It was good that he was rebelling a little. He really needed to break away from his family and their ways if he and the people around him were to be happy.

It certainly had been an eventful week. Narayan mused as he showered. It was hard to think that a week had passed since he had moved in with the Shastris and Durga. They all made him feel so welcome and loved. Very soon he settled in and he was beginning to establish good relationships with everyone in the family. Everyone, that is, except Durga. She was polite to him (most of the time) but never friendly, always maintaining her distance. The walls she built up around herself were sky-high. There was occasional friction between them but that was given, considering their proximity. She intrigued him, more than anyone else. She found her way into his mind most of the time and he wanted to find out more about her. But it seemed that any more information would be unavailable for him. Sighing, he forced her out of his mind as he got dressed. He had a long day ahead of him.

It wasn't turning out to be a good Sunday for Narayan at all. He had left early in the morning to meet his uncle over brunch. However, even with Kashinathji's help he managed to get himself and the auto driver hopelessly lost. It was probably when they had crossed half the city that they managed to get remotely close to his uncle's house. By that time, all Narayan's money had to be spent on the auto ride. So he was sitting penniless in his uncle's house, listening to his uncle's plans to open his own guest house. Not his idea of an enjoyable Sunday at all.

Durga wasn't having a better day either. Tara was moping in her room and her mother had dragged her off to "visit" her paternal grandparents. It was usually a painfully process; well at least she could meet and tease Alok about the new girl in his life. As she adjusted her dupatta, Durga tapped her foot on the ground. Her mother was taking ages to wear a Gujrati sari. Why did she even bother? "Ma! We're getting late!"

"Yes, coming."

"Ma, don't look so worried. I'm here, no?"

"Durga, you don't need to be 'protected' from the adults' talk anymore. You know your grandparents; if something upsets them, they stop at nothing." Kamala sighed.

"I know." And she did, very well indeed.

Durga tiptoed to the God's room. It was one place in this imposing house where she could find peace. But soon she heard her grandma stir. "Dadi ma, it's me Durga."

"Durga beti?" Dadi smiled and waved her wrinkled hands in the air, calling Durga to her, She was old, very old and wrinkled. Bent over her knitting, she looked so innocent. If only…

"Namaste dadi."

"Namaste ma." Kamala spoke up from behind. Durga rolled her eyes. When her mother turned into the docile daughter-in-law, her patience began running out.

"Durga, how are you?"

"Fine dadi, and mummy is fine too."  Durga said resolutely, letting her displeasure show. She couldn't resist the last remark. She was hurt that her mother had been deliberately left out.

"Tumara kaam kaise chal raha hai?"

"Teekh hai dadi." Kamala fidgeted with her pallu. She hated to think it, but maybe Durga was right all along.

"Durga," rasped dadi, "Your father called. He misses you. I told him you were not at home." Durga resisted to roll her eyes again.

"But dadi, I was at home." Why wouldn't they just accept the fact that she lived with her maternal family? Deciding that if she stayed in the stuffy dining room she may say something out of line, Durga got up to leave. "Dadi, ma I will just go and check what Alok is doing."

Alok's room was the only room in the house, apart from the Gods' room, that Durga felt comfortable in. It was pleasantly cluttered, but bright and airy. Alok was amidst all the clutter, playing chess with himself. Durga chuckled.

"Alok!" She ruffled his hair. "That's more like my bro, a total pagal. Sup?"

"Oh hi Durga!" he barely glanced up from his solo-chess game. "Ouch!" Durga had slapped him on the shoulder.

"Is this anyway to say hi to your sister?" She scolded. "What happened to the exuberant greetings I used to get?  Did they all fly out of the window when a girl came sashaying in?  Hmph!"

"Sorry sis. But girls are stressful. I needed a game of chess to relieve all the stress." For the third time that day Durga rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. I'll help you. Let's go play a game of cricket or something. We can catch up."

"Yes that reminds me. Remember that new acquaintance you were telling me about? Have you decided if he is a painful acquaintance or a potential friend?"

"I have no idea. I'm hungry, can you cook something?" Durga whined and collapsed onto the bed. "Anything, do you have Maggi?"

Alok smiled. Durga was constantly thinking of ways to get him to enter the kitchen. "Ok sure, I'll whip up something."

Just then, a shout could be heard from downstairs. "Boy! Boy! Come here now!" It looked like their grandfather was home.

"Coming dada!" He dashed out of the room. Durga sighed. It was all so pathetic. Even long after Alok became an adult their grandparents treated him like a little boy. It was just awful. He didn't get the respect he deserved at all. Their grandparents never called him by name, just 'boy' and expected him to dance to their every whim and fancy. The idea of filial piety was going too far! In a few minutes he was back. "Hey sorry Durga. I have to go to the corner store to buy some things for dada. I'll cook something later, I promise." Durga smiled at him, not fully hiding her disapproval.

"Ok then I'll go buy something. I'll save something for you."

"Sure, thanks."

coolniyu

IF-Dazzler

coolniyu

Harry Potter Crossword winner

Posted: 19 May 2007 at 8:36am | IP Logged
sry fr d late reply!!
well chap3 was really good,n chap4 is my fav so far!! durga simply seems to b getting better n better! i lyk her relationship with alok,n the chat mixup was so cute ROFL
i luv d way u said durga found most comfort in the pooja room that shows her religious side Embarrassed
n i lyk alok too LOL whats with him n the kitchen? is he a budding cook? Confused
awesome chap over all Big smile

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 19 May 2007 at 9:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by coolniyu

sry fr d late reply!!
well chap3 was really good,n chap4 is my fav so far!! durga simply seems to b getting better n better! i lyk her relationship with alok,n the chat mixup was so cute ROFL Thanks yaar. Durga is one of my faves too. Btw, Alok's gf plays an important part in the story.Wink
i luv d way u said durga found most comfort in the pooja room that shows her religious side Embarrassed
n i lyk alok too LOL whats with him n the kitchen? is he a budding cook? Confused No he isn't. She just wants to trouble him - that's why she asks him to cook.
Big smileAwesome chapter all over. Thanks so much. I have a feeling you are going to like the next one too.WinkEmbarrassed

Edited

Originally posted by SpoILed BraT

i read the chapter this morning and wanted to comment right away but i
had to go... since then, i was waiting to get home and write my
comments... Thanks so much Rashmi! it's because of reviewers like you that writers get motivated to write some more.Clap

i loved the chapter... and liken niyu and ysh said, the chat mix up was
really cute...

durga seems to hate her paternal side of the family... i wonder why? cant
wait to find out! Well I can't tell you now but the full story will be revealed in a few more chapters. But I think it's pretty obvious tho. The real surprise is to do with another part of the story.Wink

durga and alok's relationship is pretty cool too... even if she doesnt like
her paternal side of the family, she seems to get along with alok really
well... i think that's really nice That's one thing I like about Durga. You know, when I first started writing, I gave Durga so many bad points and so few good points that I was having trouble liking her. Now, of course, I like her loads. Alok is a nice guy, and Durga doesn't really hold his family against him - after all, it's her family too!

overall, great chapter... do continue soon please! Big smile Will do

Originally posted by ~Sirius*Ysh~

agree with niyu...

the chat mixup was shoooooo shweet!!!! EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed I'm so glad you liked it, actually, it was one part I was unsure of.

am beginning to like durga more and more!!! Tongue... Big smile

and i like it that we are getting to know more about their family... it was a very very well written chapter... Thanks Ysh.Big smileher family is very important to the story.

my favorite so far!!! Big smileBig smileK if I say anythnig I'm going to sound like a broken tape recorderLOL but it's wonderful that you liked it.Big smile

i liked the fact tht narayan was thinking of durga and all dat Embarrassed... She's pretty unforgettable, you know.LOL

best chApter yet Clap Now I have to make sure you'll say the same thing for the next one.LOL

cont soon Tongue... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeej Big smile u knw if u dunt wanna post u can pm me d chap Wink I will, as soon as I get anther 500 words written up. I'll post soon.

j/k (mebbe nt :-? )luvya Love you tooEmbarrassedBig smile Btw what does "j/k (mebbe nt :-?)" mean? Sorry, I'm very bad at internet abbreviations,Ouch

-HeartYshHeart-

Edited by putturani - 19 May 2007 at 8:32pm

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Posted: 19 May 2007 at 10:25am | IP Logged
agree with niyu...

the chat mixup was shoooooo shweet!!!! EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

am beginning to like durga more and more!!! Tongue...

and i like it that we are getting to know more about their family... it was a very very well written chapter...

my favorite so far!!!

i liked the fact tht narayan was thinking of durga and all dat Embarrassed...

best chApter yet Clap

cont soon Tongue... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeej Big smile u knw if u dunt wanna post u can pm me d chap Wink

j/k (mebbe nt :-? )luvya

-HeartYshHeart-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top