Page 4 of 20

coolniyu

IF-Dazzler

coolniyu

Harry Potter Crossword winner

Posted: 15 May 2007 at 2:50am | IP Logged
Blushing
LOL^^my reaction to the chap^^LOL

well i donno where to start..durga and narayan seem to be two of the most original charactersive come across im totally in love with them Embarrassed

i love ur style it has me addicted from beginning to end Embarrassed

as for ur comment abt zee tv-i have to say i agree LOL i guess u watch KS but im sry i hate that serial LOL was forced to wach for few months when grandparents were here Tongue i get so mad at these serials which claim to uphold our deep indian values and then end up with guys who marry 3 ppl in succession ROFL

indian stories which dont make any such claims and are perfectly to the point n realistic are what i like--n ur story is one perfect example of that Embarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "CITD - Update Pg 18 (Page 4)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 15 May 2007 at 3:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by coolniyu

Blushing
LOL^^my reaction to the chap^^LOL I'm glad.

well i donno where to start..durga and narayan seem to be two of the most original charactersive come across im totally in love with them Embarrassed  Aww thank you, it means so much.

i love ur style it has me addicted from beginning to end Embarrassed Big smile

as for ur comment abt zee tv-i have to say i agree LOL i guess u watch KS but im sry i hate that serial LOL was forced to wach for few months when grandparents were here Tongue i get so mad at these serials which claim to uphold our deep indian values and then end up with guys who marry 3 ppl in succession ROFL  It's awful, I know.Ouch

indian stories which dont make any such claims and are perfectly to the point n realistic are what i like--n ur story is one perfect example of that Embarrassed Thanks yaar, it's a great compliment to hear that my story is not like those serials Dead 

Adi''s_GirL

IF-Rockerz

Adi''s_GirL

Posted: 15 May 2007 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by putturani

Originally posted by SpoILed BraT

i just finished reading your
story (yes, im going thru as many stories on TC as i can... hehe)
Hehe sounds like a good ideaWinkyou've done a
great job... just like ysh, i thot it wud be weird having a love story with
indian characters in it but i guess i was wrong... i really love the story!!!
Thanks a lotEmbarrassedbut why wuld u think it would be weird
with Indian characters? Just curious
i don't know... maybe cuz i've
grown up reading non-indian novels so im not exactly used to reading
about indian characters... maybe that's y

do continue soon! Big smile

I willBig smile

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 16 May 2007 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
well rashmi, lets get the nagging committees focus on this story too... luv ur style rani and wanna read nore... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeej update na???

HeartMrs. Sirius Black aka YshHeart

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 16 May 2007 at 8:00pm | IP Logged

Hi guys and thanks for the wonderful comments. This is a short chapter and I know you guys (esp Ysh) dislike short chapters. However, this is an important chapter in which you get to know more about Durga's backgorund. So I wanted to post it seperately. In the past two chapters I left a few clues about Durga's background. I wonder if anyone picked them up. I hope you guys enjoy and the next part should be up soon. Read and Reply!

Dinnertime in the Shastri household was something all the members looked forward to. Parvati ajji (granny), Jayanti and Kamala were all very good cooks who loved to make a variety of dishes. It was also rather fun filled as there were usually eleven people at the dinner table, all chatting and laughing together. "Fantastic," Narayan smiled to see the spread laid out in fornt of him. "All vegetarian I hope."

"Of course beta we're all vegetarians here, even pardeshi Durga."

Durga smiled at her aunt. "Yes, aunty, 'pardeshi Durga' who's really very desi inside. Rice anyone?"

"We've got something to say to you all," Arjun said gravely. Nine worried faces turned to him at once. "We're needed back in Boston next week so we will have to leave on the first flight in the morning." Tara's face fell. Her parents were always away, for one reason or another. It was better now that she had become independent but as a child she found it unbearable.

"Why so soon ma?"

"We have to get back to work darling. We've been on holiday long enough."

Although Tara was not too happy with this news, she did manage to find a silver lining in the cloud. The absence of her parents meant more freedom – something she had been craving for the past few months.

The rest of the conversation was lively, with Narayan feeling only a little out of place. Everyone was joking and laughing when the phone rang. Suddenly, there was an uneasy look on everyone's face. "I'll get it," snapped Durga, looking annoyed. But Kamala beat her to it.

"Hi honey…" She was cut off, looking crushed. "Ok I'll give it to her."

"Hi Papa!" Durga exclaimed in fake enthusiasm. "Yes, yes I'm fine, I'm fine. How are you? When are you visiting? Ok that sounds good. I'm eating dinner. I'll email you later. Ok bye, take care." She mumbled the last bit and returned to the table, not looking as cheerful as before. Her mother looked upset and Smaran mama looked angrily at the phone.

"So, what plans for tomorrow, guys?" Tara spoke cheerfully, in an attempt to raise the mood.

"La Bag! La Bag!" Shrieked Putti happily.

"She means, Lal Bagh" explained Lakshmi to Narayan, he was wondering how a Bangalorean two year old knew French!

"Ma?" Durga called out cautiously later that evening. "Are you ok?"

"Of course I am," Kamala sniffed. "You go sleep."

"Ma, you aren't. Please don't lie to me." Durga sighed. "Please don't be

upset," she paused, "I wonder why you even bother."

"Durga! Don't talk about things you don't know about." Her mother scolded. "How I choose to feel about my husband is my business. Not yours."

"Yes it is ma!" Durga shouted angrily. "It is! He may be your husband but he is also my father. I've been caught in this for more than twenty years now, I refuse to be caught any longer." She had a hard expression on her face and her eyes were furious, in contrast with her mother's tired ones. Unsympathetic, she continued. "And if that's not enough, he gets to know something is amiss as well!"

"Narayan is a nice boy Durga. He won't judge."

"Whether he's nice or not is not the point!" She snapped. "The point is that some things are meant to be kept within the family, not displayed on the mantelpiece for outsiders!" Seeing her mother's distressed face she softened. "Sorry ma, I'm so sorry. I said too much, this wasn't the right time. Please don't be upset. That's all I want."

Kamala smiled, she had the most caring daughter in the world.

"Here, give me a hug. Goodnight and don't worry about me, just go to sleep."

Edited by putturani - 16 May 2007 at 8:07pm

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 16 May 2007 at 8:08pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ~Sirius*Ysh~

well rashmi, lets get the nagging committees focus on this story too... luv ur style rani and wanna read nore... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeej update na???

HeartMrs. Sirius Black aka YshHeart

Before oyu started nagging I updated.LOL

Adi''s_GirL

IF-Rockerz

Adi''s_GirL

Posted: 16 May 2007 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
i hav to agree the chapter was short... but i loved it...

from what i have picked up, durga's parents are divorced or his dad has
another family... am i right?

i wanna see something between durga and narayan!! hehe

oh and the "la bag" was sooo cute... i cud almost imagine a little kid saying
that... hehe

do continue soon! Big smile

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 16 May 2007 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SpoILed BraT

i hav to agree the chapter was short... but i loved it... Thanks a lot. It was important so I decided to post it on it's own. I have got a bit pre-written so I should post the next bit soon.Big smile

from what i have picked up, durga's parents are divorced or his dad has
another family... am i right? Hmmm pretty closeClap but not exactly.

i wanna see something between durga and narayan!! hehe Oh dear, you'll have to wait a while for that. Wink I'm going to focus more on Durga and her family for some time now. No worries, Narayan will be back in the picture soon!
oh and the "la bag" was sooo cute... i cud almost imagine a little kid saying
that... hehe Yea I imagined  my cousin saying that.LOL She is sooo cute..EmbarrassedActually Putti is based on her.

do continue soon! Big smileI will

Post Reply New Post

Go to top