Page 1
Page   of 20
Page 3 Page 20

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 04 May 2007 at 4:22am | IP Logged
Hey great story!!!! and ya niyu come on to YM wont you.....

and yea i love your story yaar... i think this is going to be a hell a lot of fun!!!
i like durga and narayan... they seem tto be quite a handful.... LOL
plese continue soon.. i think ull have me addicted to ur story as i am to Sam's and Nutzz's and Rashmi's in no time!!!!
great going!!!!!!!!!

-HeartYshHeart

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "CITD - Update Pg 18 (Page 2)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 12 May 2007 at 12:51am | IP Logged

Hey guys! Thank you very much for your lovely comments. Hug You're all great. So here is your next installment of "Chasing the Indian Dream". This is just a light hearted chapter so sit back, relax, enjoy and leave comments!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was on this matter that Tara was questioning Durga about, later in the day when everyone was enjoying their siesta. "Honestly, Durga, there was no need to make him go through the process on the first day! He's a paying guest, not my future brother-in-law! Or," she added slyly, "Do you plan to make him that?"

This resulted in a carefully aimed pillow making contact with Tara's head. "Tara! Of course not! Please! I've only know the guy for an hour and you're already hooking me up with him." There was a tinge of red on Durga's cheeks.

"Anyway, chodo. But he's handsome, no?"

"Who? Shahrukh? Yes of course. But we agreed on that ages ago, didn't we Tara?" Durga was getting irritated. Why in the world did Tara start so soon? She knew Tara would but she had hoped it wouldn't be so soon.

"No not Shahrukh! Well he is but I'm talking about your new neighbor here – Narayan." To Durga's great chagrin and Tara's great amusement, Narayan's room was right next to Durga's and they would have to share the bathroom due to plumbing problems in Durga's. She sighed in exasperation. "No he isn't!" After earning the 'look' for Tara she added; "well he's not bad-looking but just a hair's breadth away from it!"

Tara shook her head in frustration. "It's useless."

"And, by the way," Durga added; "the reason I put us all through the lengthy introduction was to make sure he didn't hit on any of the married women."

Tara was looking at her like she would look at a dodo – fascinated to see the utter lack of logic. "You're forgetting two little details here, the sinndoor and the mangalsutra."

"Tara, he's British, born and brought up in London. Do you really think he'll know all this?"

"My dear, what about you? Didn't you live abroad almost all your life? Besides, Zee TV has reached every corner of the globe now and all those stupid saas-bahu dramas mention 'sindoor' and 'mangalsutra' at least once an episode."

Durga made a face at the mention of Zee TV. She positively hated the regressive shows on Indian TV and was furious that these chanels had gone global, effectively blackening the cultural image of India. "Tara, yes I did live abroad but it's not the same. You know how mummy and papa are; well at least you know how mummy is; they'll never let me forget my roots no matter where in the world I am."

Tara patted her back understandingly, "Yes I know." Suddenly a thought hit her. "Durga, how do you know he's British? How come you've done so much research on him?" She raised her eyebrows suggestively.

"Stop hinting what I know you're hinting." Durga yawned. "Well firstly his accent is a dead giveaway and secondly we couldn't let any old stranger stay in our house, could we? So before we confirmed anything we did some research."

"I must say I've got an intelligent aunt."

"And an intelligent cousin, don't forget. Anyway, I'm going to enjoy my siesta now." Saying so Durga drifted off to dreamland which was full of strange men, tall skyscrapers and old women.

"Durga! Durga wake up! Durga! You don't want to waste your Saturday sleeping, do you?" That had her up in a flash.

"Mm Tara I don't want to. You go! Always you're thinking of some way to disturb me! Besides, what will I do getting up anyway? My bathroom is occupied."

"Look, chill, it's not occupied. Narayan told me he's rather be in…ahem discomfort rather invite your wrath by using your bathroom." Tara grinned, she knew how angry Durga could get after living with her for so long, it was nice how Narayan had figured that out in minutes.

A hot blush crept up Durga's cheeks, "What if he's parading around, naked over there? He's a guy! Guys do those things!"

"Then you'll have some eye candy." Tara said slyly, only to get hit by the nearest pillow.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THING YOU ARE DOING??!!" Durga roared.  "Coming into my bathroom, not locking the door and parading around like…like…this! She gestured wildly at his bare chest, spluttering and turning beetroot. If she weren't so indignant, she would notice that seeing him shirtless once in a while may not be such a bad thing at all. Apparently he had a gym fixation that showed clearly. The blush, now covering her whole face was slowly taking over her body too. Slowly, barely daring to look, she parted her fingers a bit more, only to snap them shut at the next moment. "Go! Put on some clothes! What do you think you were doing? There are so many girls here! If they had seen? It's indecent! It's appalling! It's…"

"Enough to make you blush?" he whispered into her ear but backed off when he saw the look on her face. "Ok ok sorry. I thought I locked the door but apparently I didn't. Thanks for coming in at the right time. I'd rather you see me shirtless than little Kranti."

By that time, Durga was nothing short of crimson as she hurriedly backed out of the bathroom. She'd have to use Tara's now, anything was ok as long as it was far away from Narayan. She wondered why she was so affected. Going to swimming classes from her childhood, she had seen young boys naked on multiple occasions so seeing someone just shirtless was no big deal for her. Maybe it was the fact that it was at home, in her bathroom, or maybe it was the fact that…she was too embarrassed to even think it. "Well!" She thought, "If he starts parading around like Salman Khan just because I blushed then he's got another thing coming his way. I must learn to control my blushing, it just adds to the embarrassment."

Edited by putturani - 12 May 2007 at 12:54am

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 12 May 2007 at 1:07am | IP Logged
I'd like to thank Super~Star~Sri, Ysh and Niya for their lovely comments. The rest of you - guys, please comment! i've got sixty something views and only 6 replies1 It's nt very encouraging guys!

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 12 May 2007 at 6:00am | IP Logged
well dont u dare stop updating because of that or ill kill you [-(... its adorable yaar... i really love this chapter...and narayan is so cute.. nd dat blushing thing was so cute...... its like im reading a romance novel... too good... its these hate hate stories i love!!!!

please please please please continue!!!!!!!!!

i thought it would be weird reading love story with indian charecs but u have totally proved me wrong.. eagerly waiting ...

please continue soon....

loved it...EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

-HeartYshHeart-

damilola

IF-Rockerz

damilola

Posted: 12 May 2007 at 6:42am | IP Logged
AWWWWWWWWW durga and narayan

they are so cute !!!!!!!!

plz ctn soon

Adi''s_GirL

IF-Rockerz

Adi''s_GirL

Posted: 12 May 2007 at 7:17am | IP Logged
i just finished reading your story (yes, im going thru as many stories on TC
as i can... hehe)

you've done a great job... just like ysh, i thot it wud be weird having a love
story with indian characters in it but i guess i was wrong... i really love the
story!!!

do continue soon! Big smile

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 13 May 2007 at 9:39am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ~Sirius*Ysh~

well dont u dare stop updating because of that or ill kill you [-(... its adorable yaar... i really love this chapter...and narayan is so cute.. nd dat blushing thing was so cute...... its like im reading a romance novel... too good... its these hate hate stories i love!!!!

I won't stop updating,don't worry. I'm glad you like this chapter. Durga doesn't really hate him you know. She just doesn't think that having him around is a good idea. Why? Well more will be revealed in the next chapter. In fact I've dropped hints in the previous chapters, let's see if anyone picks them up.Wink
please please please please continue!!!!!!!!!I will, maybe after getting some mroe responseWink

i thought it would be weird reading love story with indian charecs but u have totally proved me wrong.. eagerly waiting ... ThanksEmbarrassed Btw, why did you think it woud be weird?

please continue soon.... will do

loved it...EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

-HeartYshHeart-

putturani

Goldie

putturani

Posted: 13 May 2007 at 9:40am | IP Logged

Originally posted by damilola

AWWWWWWWWW durga and narayan

they are so cute !!!!!!!!

plz ctn soon

Thanks