Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
hey thnaks for the recommendation... yea ill try to read it :-?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**Can You Keep A Secret? (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Fashionholic

Goldie

Fashionholic

Posted: 27 May 2007 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
If you enjoyed this book i'd recommend the others also written by her in the Shopaholic series

pooja1221

pooja1221

Posted: 27 May 2007 at 10:32pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Punjabi_chic

If you enjoyed this book i'd recommend the others also written by her in the Shopaholic series

are the others really good? could u name a couple plz?

Fashionholic

Goldie

Fashionholic

Posted: 28 May 2007 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Well its basically a series of books continuing the life of a character called Becky Bloomwood and her problems with love, family, friends, work, social life and of course shopping!

The books are:

1) Secret dreamworld of a shopaholic
Meet Rebecca Bloomwood. She's a journalist. She spends her working life telling others how to manage their money. She spends her leisure time ...shopping. Retail therapy is the answer to all her problems. She knows she should stop, but she can't. She tries Cutting Back, she tries Making More Money. But neither seems to work. The stories she concocts become more and more fantastic as she tries to untangle her increasingly dire financial difficulties. Her only comfort is to buy herself something - just a little something...Can Becky ever escape from this dream world, find true love, and regain the use of her Switch card? "The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic"...the perfect pick me up for when it's all hanging in the (bank) balance.

2) Shopaholic abroad
Synopsis
For Rebecca life is peachy. She has a job on morning TV, her bank manager is being nice to her, and the icing on the brioche is that she has been offered work in New York. The Museum of Modern Art, the Guggenheim, and she does intend to visit them all, but first Saks, then Bloomingdales...

3) Shopaholic Ties the Knot
Synopsis
Becky is getting married to Luke. Her parents are assuming that the wedding will be at home, but Luke's mother has different ideas - a huge affair in New York. Becky can't say no to anyone - and soon the plans are going ahead for both weddings.

4) Shopaholic and sister
Synopsis
Rebecca Bloomwood is now happily married to Luke Brandon, and all her problems seem to be at an end. But suddenly into her life steps...a sister, of whose existence Becky had hitherto been completely unaware. Becky is only too anxious to welcome her into the bosom of the family. But there is only one snag - she HATES shopping. She is the antithesis of the shopaholic. It all makes for some very difficult family relationships

5) Shopaholic and baby
Synopsis
Becky's life is blooming! She's working at London's newest fashion store The Look, house-hunting with husband Luke (her secret wish is a Shoe Room)...and she's pregnant! She couldn't be more overjoyed - especially since discovering that shopping cures morning sickness. Everything has got to be perfect for her baby: from the designer nursery...to the latest, coolest pram...to the celebrity, must-have obstetrician. But when the celebrity obstetrician turns out to be her husband Luke's glamorous, intellectual ex-girlfriend, Becky's perfect world starts to crumble. She's shopping for two...but are there three in her marriage!

ash18

ash18

Posted: 04 January 2008 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
can you keep a secret is a good book

jdsean

Goldie

jdsean

Posted: 04 January 2008 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
I love this book, its probably one of my favs by Sophie.

samir_soni

Goldie

samir_soni

Posted: 05 January 2008 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
I could not put it down. The girl is so normal and her life turns upside down after meeting the guy.
The Shopaholic series is fun too. Don't forget Shopaholic and sister.

anyalolita

Goldie

anyalolita

Posted: 17 April 2008 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
I'd recommend Sophie Kinsella to anyone who wants a light, humorous and romantic read. Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top