Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

*dels*

IF-Rockerz

*dels*

Posted: 29 April 2007 at 7:59am | IP Logged

Helloooo Friends !Tongue

Its time for another discussion!

I was wondering what to discuss about when I saw a lipstick on the tableEmbarrassed

Then I thought why not have a discussion about lipsticks or lipglosses?

Before we start discussing about it, here is a bit of information about them.

Lipstick is known to have been used around 5000 years ago in ancient Mesopotamia, when semi-precious jewels were crushed and applied to the lips and occasionally around the eyes. Cleopatra had her lipstick made from crushed carmine beetles, which gave a deep red pigment, and ants for a base. Lipsticks with shimmering effects were initially made using a substance found in fish scales called pearlescence

During the Second World War, lipstick gained popularity as a result of its use in the movie industry, and it became commonplace for women to apply makeup, or "put their face on".

Lip gloss is most frequently used as a cosmetic, it is also used as a moisturiser now. Many lip glosses now contain sunscreen. It was first advertised by actress Lillian Gish. Sometimes it's mistaken for lip balm which is generally used for medicinal purposes.

Do you wear lipstick/lipgloss?

Do you wear them according to your :- dress/favourite shades or your skin colour?

Do you have a favourite brand for them?

Do share any tips that you think are useful.Tongue

Thats it for this week guys! Have fun discussing!Big smile

F&B Dev Team

Edited by *dels* - 29 April 2007 at 8:16am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

scarletteblue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*~ DOTW - Lipstick/Lipgloss ~*" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bollycrazy

IF-Dazzler

bollycrazy

Posted: 29 April 2007 at 8:44am | IP Logged

Awesome dotw dels!!! and veryy interesting info about lipstick/gloss!!! i never knew all that stuff!

Do you wear lipstick/lipgloss? i wear lipgloss sometimes! but never lipstick Embarrassed

Do you wear them according to your :- dress/favourite shades or your skin colour? usually jst fav shades according to skin colour Embarrassed i usually use only clear or light pink lip glosses!

Do you have a favourite brand for them? umm.. not reeli! i have lots of different brands! but i have to say.. i loveee dior lip glosses! Embarrassed

Do share any tips that you think are useful.Tongue umm... i would say, (to me) only apply a little! a thick layer of gloss doesnt look as nice as a thinner layer! Embarrassed 

~*Manshi*~

IF-Rockerz

~*Manshi*~

Posted: 29 April 2007 at 10:54am | IP Logged

Thanks for such awesome topicBig smileI love this DOTWBig smile

Do you wear lipstick/lipgloss? Yup, I wear lipglossesBig smile

Do you wear them according to your :- dress/favourite shades or your skin colour?

all of the above

Do you have a favourite brand for them? Maybelline, Loreal, Revlon, Colorbar, etc

Put lip balm or Vaseline about 10 minutes before putting lipgloss/ lipstick, so that the lips get time to absorb them. After 10 minutes, wipe the excess and apply lipgloss/ lipstick. This method will leave your lips soft and colour of the lipgloss/ lipstick will be retained for a longer timeBig smile

Really loved this topicBig smile

CaLiiZ*DiiMe

IF-Sizzlerz

CaLiiZ*DiiMe

Posted: 29 April 2007 at 3:18pm | IP Logged

Do you wear lipstick/lipgloss? i wear lipgloss cuz i feel lispticks r for old pplLOL

Do you wear them according to your :- dress/favourite shades or your skin colour? i wear clear gloss, it doesnt have any color so it goes with everything!!Tongue

Do you have a favourite brand for them? i use carmex..like alot of girls in the US lol

Do share any tips that you think are useful.Tongue i think ppl should stay away from dark colored lipglosses or lipsticks

.:Ashi:.

IF-Rockerz

.:Ashi:.

Posted: 30 April 2007 at 7:14pm | IP Logged

Great DOTWBig smile
really useful!!!Embarrassed

Do you wear lipstick/lipgloss? lipglossEmbarrassed

yupppTongue

Do you have a favourite brand for them? MAC or victoria's secret

lip balm must be applied before applying lipstick to keep your lips moisturized, nourished and naturally rosy. It also prevents the lips from drying and developing of cracksTongue

awesome topicBig smile

kitty468

IF-Dazzler

kitty468

Posted: 02 May 2007 at 5:11am | IP Logged
yes i wear lipsticks, dont get why most think lipstick is of the past, well i dont like gloss mostly becoz of the sticky texture, but most have had those sweet smell which i luv, n tend to eat up. so before reaching my distination its gone. i find more beautiful shades in lipstick though.

its my favourite shade, i buy the same colour again n again n dont realise it till i go home n see its the same. its sheer metallic light pink or mauve. i hate those dark browns and maroons n nude stuff.

Do you have a favourite brand for them? yes i luv maybelline, mostly becoz its affordable in my range. while wen i go to the malls that is wen i was in singapore i used to luv the sheer range of oh i dont remember but they used to be real nice.

Do share any tips that you think are useful.
dont use long stay wear often becoz it has a chemical lead oxide or zinc oxide which is toxic but serves the purpose. leading brands like dior, channel etc.   

xmuqix

IF-Sizzlerz

xmuqix

Posted: 02 May 2007 at 8:17am | IP Logged

Do you wear lipstick/lipgloss? im not a lipstick person lol...i only wear lipgloss

Do you wear them according to your :- dress/favourite shades or your skin colour? depends...i think i mainly wear it accordin it 2 skin color, buh most of the time i jus wear plain lipglossTongue

Do you have a favourite brand for them?i mainly use maybellineTongue

Do share any tips that you think are useful.Tongue umm dun put 2 much onBig smileLOLit doesnt look dat good

Edited by xmuqix - 02 May 2007 at 8:19am

scarletteblue

IF-Sizzlerz

scarletteblue

Posted: 02 May 2007 at 2:04pm | IP Logged

just lip glossEmbarrassed

i always try to match them with my clothes, jewlery, etcEmbarrassed..the only shades that look good on my skip in light...even though my skin isn't darkEmbarrassed

Do you have a favourite brand for them?

nope...i just use any..except the really cheap ones because they can ruin your lips!

Do share any tips that you think are useful.Tongue just try to use a variety of colors and not just one color everyday...experiment a littleWink

Great discussion Delu!Big smile

-RachnaEmbarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top