India-Forums

Cannes Film Festival 2007!!

bollycrazy IF-Dazzler
bollycrazy
bollycrazy

Posted: 29 April 2007 at 6:47am | IP Logged

Heyy everyone!

Has anyone heard of the famous Cannes Film Festival that is held every year in France?!

Also... Devdas was screened at the 2002 Cannes Film Festival! (Though it was not eligible for an award)

And this year... It is coming up in May!!

Mani Ratnam's Guru is being screened this year! (although, i'm not sure if it has been entered for an award... does anyone know about this?)

So, my question is... what are your thoughts on it??

Do you feel it is something to be proud of that Indian/Bollywood films are being internationally recognised in this way?? That more people worldwide are appreciating Indian cinema?

Please share ur thoughts! Big smile

medha3 Newbie
medha3
medha3

Posted: 01 May 2007 at 6:30am | IP Logged
it's a very great event held each year in france.movies from various countries are being screened there.though none of the indian movies have made it yet except one satyajit ray movie n a short won an award til now.devdas was screened there.for the past 4 years aishwarya has been visiting canne,once as a jury member.she really makes indians proud ,she always look elegant n beautiful.being on the same platform with other hollywood stars is something.nandita das also was a jury membe in 2005.this year i've heard that the newly wed bachans will attend the function.so i'm looking forward to it.
thammeem Senior Member
thammeem
thammeem

Posted: 01 May 2007 at 9:10am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing!
bollycrazy IF-Dazzler
bollycrazy
bollycrazy

Posted: 01 May 2007 at 9:59am | IP Logged

Originally posted by medha3

it's a very great event held each year in france.movies from various countries are being screened there.though none of the indian movies have made it yet except one satyajit ray movie n a short won an award til now.devdas was screened there.for the past 4 years aishwarya has been visiting canne,once as a jury member.she really makes indians proud ,she always look elegant n beautiful.being on the same platform with other hollywood stars is something.nandita das also was a jury membe in 2005.this year i've heard that the newly wed bachans will attend the function.so i'm looking forward to it.

thanksss for sharing ur views with ussss! Big smile

yep i agree... its really a proud thing for indians! that our films and our stars are beginning to go there! Tongue

cool_pooja IF-Sizzlerz
cool_pooja
cool_pooja

Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:18am | IP Logged
I feel it is a great oppturnity not only for India but for the whole world to see their talent there. It combines all the countries and makes us realize it doesnt matter from which country the movie is coming from. Its the art that matters. Embarrassed
bollycrazy IF-Dazzler
bollycrazy
bollycrazy

Posted: 01 May 2007 at 11:36am | IP Logged

Originally posted by cool_pooja

I feel it is a great oppturnity not only for India but for the whole world to see their talent there. It combines all the countries and makes us realize it doesnt matter from which country the movie is coming from. Its the art that matters. Embarrassed

thats also veryy true!! and i completely agree!! thats what i like about award shows in general! it recognises the talents of soo many people! and rewards them for their hard work and dedication!

so its naturally a proud thing for any country and director/producer/actor, etc  to see their film being screened there!

pg17 Senior Member
pg17
pg17

Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Yes it good... but they are being shown off competition... maybe we need more innovative talented directors and scripts STOP COPYING EVERY BLOODY MOVIE OF THE WEST... From what we can hear, Im hoping Sawaariya Sanjay Bansali Next can stand a chance next year - plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CROSSSSSSSSSSS FINGERS!!!!!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top