Sports/Cricket

DOTW: Your thoughts on the WC and Final

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 28 April 2007 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW: Your thoughts on the WC and Final" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 28 April 2007 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Great DOTW Saira!!!Wink

Well this WC has been very good and bad. A lot has happened! Some died, some quit, some cried and some laughed!!

I was shocked at Woomer's death! I was embrassed at India and Pakistan's loss!

I was surprised at Bangladesh's win and Ireland's great performance!!

I was stunned by Australia's great performace.

I witnessed many records being broken and many being made!

I liked all the games. They were all interesting. Not one was boring.

I just hope all WCs are like this but India should be in the finals!

SaaraDON

IF-Sizzlerz

SaaraDON

Posted: 28 April 2007 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Will edit my post after WC results... Tongue

Howlarious

IF-Addictz

Howlarious

Posted: 29 April 2007 at 3:21am | IP Logged
Umm well I thought the Aussies deserved to win the tournament. The way they thrashed teams like NZ was fantastic Clap And players like Gilchrist entertained us..thats what u call entertainment Big smile Clap

I was surprised with teams like India, Pakistan and England who couldn't beat bigger teams other than minnows. Ouch Dead Poor performance by them.

This world cup was sooo long..it was like it was never gonna end.

coolsonu

IF-Rockerz

coolsonu

Posted: 29 April 2007 at 5:24am | IP Logged
As everyone said, this WC was a mixture of good and bad things, of tears and laughters, of surprises and shocks and of celebration and disappointment!

=>This was the first WC in the Caribbean and 9th overall.The most shocking and saddest thing that happened during this WC was Bob Woolmer's death. Cry May his soul rest in peace!

=>Then we saw some unexpected wins and defeats..the most surprising of which was Pakistan and India's ouster from the WC losing to Ireland and Bangladesh. CryBut credit goes to Bangladesh and Ireland.They put up a good performance especially Ireland as it was their WC debut.
ClapThe 2 teams qualified for the super 8's but their presence did not make the super 8's boring.Infact, it made it more thrilling.Bangladesh defeated SA and Ireland defeated BD!!

=>There were few nailbiting games...one between SriLanka and South Africa and the other between SriLanka and England! Clap

=>There were records getting broken and new records being written. Herchelle Gibbs scored 6 sixes in an over...then Lasith Malinga took 4 wickets in four deliveries! Then the superb form of Matthew Hayden, Jaque Kallis,Scott Styris, Lasith Malinga, Glenn Mcgrath, Shaun Tait, Muttiah Muralitharan,Mahela Jayawaredne and Ricky Ponting. Clap

=>There were many young cricketers who were on their WC debut, who performed very well and were noticed and appreciated by the cricketing world.These included Mashrafe Mortaza, Sakibal Hasan and Tamim Iqbal from Bangladesh, Rankin, Kevin O'Brien and Niall O'Brien from Ireland, Shaun tait and Brad Hogg from Australia, AB de Villiers and Charl Langeveldt from South Africa and James Franklin from New Zealand.TongueClap

=>This WC also said good bye to various including some real legends of the game. Brian Lara, Glenn McGrath, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Russel Arnorld, and Anil Kumble retired.
Stephen Fleming resigned from captaincy following New Zealand's semi final loss to SriLanka. CryCry

=>Adam Gilchrist scored a firing century in the final of the WC.It will b remembered for long.ClapThe final said good-bye to Glenn Mcgrath and Russel Arnorld. CryCry

=>Australia finally won the WC 2007 final and became the first ever country to win 3 consecutive WC's.They are unbeaten since 2 whole world cups.TheyAussies proved once again that they are the toughest team around, mentally and physically.ClapClapClap

Edited by coolsonu - 29 April 2007 at 5:35am

sylvester

sylvester

Posted: 29 April 2007 at 5:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by coolsonu

As everyone said, this WC was a mixture of good and bad things, of tears and laughters, of surprises and shocks and of celebration and disappointment!

=>This was the first WC in the Caribbean and 9th overall.The most shocking and saddest thing that happened during this WC was Bob Woolmer's death. Cry May his soul rest in peace!

=>Then we saw some unexpected wins and defeats..the most surprising of which was Pakistan and India's ouster from the WC losing to Ireland and Bangladesh. CryBut credit goes to Bangladesh and Ireland.They put up a good performance especially Ireland as it was their WC debut.
ClapThe 2 teams qualified for the super 8's but their presence did not make the super 8's boring.Infact, it made it more thrilling.Bangladesh defeated SA and Ireland defeated BD!!

=>There were few nailbiting games...one between SriLanka and South Africa and the other between SriLanka and England! Clap

=>There were records getting broken and new records being written. Herchelle Gibbs scored 6 sixes in an over...then Lasith Malinga took 4 wickets in four deliveries! Then the superb form of Matthew Hayden, Jaque Kallis,Scott Styris, Lasith Malinga, Glenn Mcgrath, Shaun Tait, Muttiah Muralitharan,Mahela Jayawaredne and Ricky Ponting. Clap

=>There were many young cricketers who were on their WC debut, who performed very well and were noticed and appreciated by the cricketing world.These included Mashrafe Mortaza, Sakibal Hasan and Tamim Iqbal from Bangladesh, Rankin, Kevin O'Brien and Niall O'Brien from Ireland, Shaun tait and Brad Hogg from Australia, AB de Villiers and Charl Langeveldt from South Africa and James Franklin from New Zealand.TongueClap

=>This WC also said good bye to various including some real legends of the game. Brian Lara, Glenn McGrath, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Russel Arnorld, and Anil Kumble retired.
Stephen Fleming resigned from captaincy following New Zealand's semi final loss to SriLanka. CryCry

=>Adam Gilchrist scored a firing century in the final of the WC.It will b remembered for long.ClapThe final said good-bye to Glenn Mcgrath and Russel Arnorld. CryCry

=>Australia finally won the WC 2007 final and became the first ever country to win 3 consecutive WC's.They are unbeaten since 2 whole world cups.TheyAussies proved once again that they are the toughest team around, mentally and physically.ClapClapClap

I agree with everything that you have written, but I would like to add here that the little wicketkeeper from Bangladesh was an outstanding player behind the stumps. H gelled the team together and mostly directed traffic on the field, he is only 18 and has a far way way to go.

I do agree that Australia was the better team, but nobody seems to notice the daunting way Sri Lanka had to bat. Rocky Ponting's men batted without any darkness and no interruption of rain. The Sri Lankans were chasing an impossible score, tried to make it batting in rain, rain stoppage and bad light. It broke up the whole momentum, then they realized that they had lost. I f Jayawardena was not given a wrongful LBW by that sleepy umpire Buchner, there was a chance. Anyhow, in my eyes, they are the winners, because they still made about 8 runs an over given the conditions under which they had to bat

By the way, it is only Sri Lanka who has stood up to the Aussies who made mincemeat of the other teams and bowled them out like schoolboys.

Sri Lnaka should be proud of themselves, and hold their heads high that they are NO2, they came into this World cup with no status. I dont think they expected to play the finals against Australia.Jawardena is a very decent and classy captain and was quoted by Sunil Gavaskar as the most elegant right handed batsman in the world.

I have watched all the games and Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ireland and New Zealand impressed me a lot. I hope Ireland will be given international status soon, they need to play more international games.

India is touring Bangaldesh in May, Sri lanka is playing Pakistan at Sharjah in May, have not heard waht othere teams are doing.

Edited by sylvester - 29 April 2007 at 6:05am

rose_love

IF-Dazzler

rose_love

Posted: 30 April 2007 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
Well i was really mixture of diffrent things because i was sad about woolmers death
I was so shocked, Pakistan lost from Ireland
I was so amazed by michael Clarke's performence in every single match
I was extremely happy that kevin pietersen got #1 batsman's title
Pakistan and India couldnt even make to super 8 Angry
Aussies won!!! that was most exciting thing

Snape

Snape

Posted: 03 May 2007 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
i was a SL supporter and i fell asleep on the chair the half way

Post Reply New Post

Go to top