Harry Potter
Harry Potter

India-Forums

HP2 AND HP6!

meha Senior Member
meha
meha

Posted: 26 July 2005 at 11:54pm | IP Logged

Is it true that was the working title of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets?
Yes. Lizo Mzimba of CBBC interviewed J.K. Rowling

What was the original working title of Chamber of Secrets?
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I quite liked that title, unfortunately the story bore no relation whatsoever to the title by the time I'd finished.

J.K. Rowling also said, on her site:

I was delighted to see that a hard core of super-bright fans knew that the real title was once, in the long distant past, a possibility for 'Chamber of Secrets', and from that deduced that it was genuine. Certain crucial pieces of information in book six were originally planned for 'Chamber of Secrets', but very early on (first draft of Chamber) I realised that this information's proper home was book six. I have said before now that 'Chamber' holds some very important clues to the ultimate end of the series. Not as many as six, obviously, but there is a link.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets had different titles. In fact, as everyone now knows, it was once called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, but then I removed a whole storyline that did not work at all. It gave too much information too early, so I pulled it out and it became a major part, but not the only part, of book six. There is no trace of that storyline left in Chamber of Secrets. People have been speculating that book six is a spinoff of book two, but it is not.

meha Senior Member
meha
meha

Posted: 26 July 2005 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Hmm i got it from leaky cauldon!
*~Princess_K~* Goldie
*~Princess_K~*
*~Princess_K~*

Posted: 27 July 2005 at 4:58am | IP Logged

thx meha.

Smile

noony Senior Member
noony
noony

Posted: 27 July 2005 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Thanx...Smile
Shining_Star Senior Member
Shining_Star
Shining_Star

Posted: 27 July 2005 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Thanks Meha!!! Tongue
*Rashmi* Goldie
*Rashmi*
*Rashmi*

Posted: 27 July 2005 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
Cool! Thanks for sharing. 
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index