Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Aiza-

-Aiza-

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Vivan Bathena
Model

"I love aggressive women and the ones who generally make the first move"

Sweet gal > I loved you in the Falguni Pathak video but after that you almost disappeared (at least for me since I don't watch those Saas-Bahu TV soaps). What have you been doing lately?
Vivan Bathena > Hey thanks! I have been doing a variety of stuff like modelling and about seven Grasim Mr India contest in 2001.

Abd > What do you see in any girl? Who is your dream date?
Vivan Bathena > My dream date would be a mix of Angelina Jolie and someone who has a great sense of humour. My ideal girl should be aggressive, intelligent and also have a balanced personality.

Hotdudedel > Hi Abhishek (the TV soap character Vivan plays), your role in Kyunki... has ended abruptly. How do you feel about that?
Vivan Bathena > It hasn't actually ended. I have shifted from being the bad guy to the good guy, as you will see in the upcoming episodes.

Vivan_girl_fan > Vivan, you are too cute. I love your dressing style. I would suggest you keep long hair that reach the shoulders. You would look toooo sexy!
Vivan Bathena > Thank you. Actually I am in the process of growing my hair. I wish it would grow overnight.

Dev > Hi, I am Sudev from Mumbai. I want to know how you prepared yourself for Mr India contest?
Vivan Bathena > Hi Sudev. I didn't really prepare myself but just wanted to have some fun and enjoy new experiences because there is no point taking these things to heart. Like everything else in life, there is a lot of luck involved.

Goggy > Hi Vivan, how come despite wining the Mr India title and a good break with music video it has taken you so long to make a mark. We still find you struggling for a place in the sun.
Vivan Bathena > Like the tortoise, I have actually taken my time and tried to experience all aspects of this field from modelling to Veejaying to three years of theater and now finally some TV to prepare myself both mentally and acting wise to move on to the big screen .

Sani > Hey Vivan, can you tell me that when will we see your cute face in movie?
Vivan Bathena > Hopefully by next year. I am still waiting for the right project to come along.

Manju > Have you been very choosy with roles? Is the reason we have not seen much of you?
Vivan Bathena > Yeah, I have been trying to balance out all my skills as an actor by only accepting roles that I haven't done before and I have gone from doing comedy to playing complete geeks to gangsters to absolute bad guys.

Nevz > Do you like sporting a beard? You look better with a clean-shaven look!
Vivan Bathena > Actually it depends on what the role requires and what the character looks like as written by the writer or else I would be SRK in Asoka - looking like SRK and not Asoka.

Wayne_rooney > Hi Vivan, has modelling helped you in acting?
Vivan Bathena > It's a platform; it helps directors and producers to see me on TV or in person and enable them to gauge the potential I have or what character I would best suit.

Marriedwomen4vivan > Have you ever experienced or felt like "Men on Men" in the modellling industry? Be frank!
Vivan Bathena > There are lot of aspects of this industry that I still don't understand and why people are engaged in them but as long as you, as an individual, are strong and confident in your goals as a model and a human being then you can skip or avoid some of the negative aspects of the field. But if some people are okay with it then - to each his own

Breatheeasy > Being an English speaking guy how do you manage the Hindi language? Did you take lessons in Hindi?
Vivan Bathena > Luckily, I actually took up Hindi in school. And it has helped me tremendously even though I am a half bawa (Parsi). I really don't sound like one and it always helps to read a little Hindi writings or newspaper. And as you get further along, with practice and time, I hope I will sound as fluent as actors Irrfan Khan or Ashutosh Rana.

Swapnilnift > I'd like to know what kind of music do you listen to?
Vivan Bathena > I actually used to DJ for two years when I was in college. So, I learnt to appreciate all forms of music. But my favourite is still rock music. My favourite band is U2.

Wayne_rooney > How was it to play a role with grey shade in it?
Vivan Bathena > It's actually a much more interesting role than a heroe's role because you get to be really evil (as I am in the negative role) and the lines are much better and suit my personality - more than a positive role.

Nevz > Vivan, tell Ektaa (of Balaji Productions) to let you act in Kyunki.... with a clean shaven face. You look really hot in that!
Vivan Bathena > When joined the serial nobody knew I was negative and so I could get away with a clean shave but you will be glad to know that soon I will be changing sides and maybe my clean shaven look will come back.

Ria > Have you taken or are you planning to take any professional acting or modelling classes? How helpful are they?
Vivan Bathena > I do not believe in acting classes as a method of learning to act. You can either act or you can't. It comes from within. The role of acting classes is to merely bring that out or help you loose inhibitions .

Nevz > How exactly has the experience or the journey been from becoming Grassy Mr. India to a TV star and do you plan to continue in this line or shift to other things later?
Vivan Bathena > The journey has been very rough at times and I have had a bunch of varied experiences. I never plan things; take it one step at a time.

Wayne_rooney > Vivan, as an actor whom do you look up to?
Vivan Bathena > Sean Connery, Jhonny Depp and Tom Cruise for choice of roles.

Ria > Your favourite pastime?
Vivan Bathena > Watching movies. My DVD collection is about 250.

Gadget > What's your personal style? You look very stylish...
Vivan Bathena > Actually I have been very lucky as far as style goes. I just put together something comfortable and try to match my colours, that's about it.

Wayne_rooney > Not being fluent in Hindi - wasn't it tough for you during the auditions?
Vivan Bathena > Imagine doing Kyunki Saas... without being fluent in Hindi. It would be a nightmare!

Marriedwomen4vivan > What's the meaning of Vivan? It sounds very beautiful and different.
Vivan Bathena > It's actually Persian and it means - Spirit of Life.

Zaara > I think you're really hot. What do you look for in a gal? My name is Zaara. I've seen you in Bandra (Mumbai city suburb). Do you live there? What are your likes and dislikes?
Vivan Bathena > Zaara - as I said before - I like a strong, intelligent and confident woman who is blessed with good looks, sense of humour, plays some form of sport. I live in the suburbs. If I start listing my likes and dislike here it will take the whole week. I don't think I have that long.

John > What about anchoring on TV? Are you still into it? What was your experience of anchoring the lifestyle show on TV?
Vivan Bathena > Unfortunately, due to change in management on the Zee network we had to wrap up Diabolical (the trends and style show) just when it was getting really good. The experience was amazing because I had to work with one of the best crews in Bombay and I got to visit all the happening and interesting places in Mumbai.

700 > Are you doing any more music videos?
Vivan Bathena > Not at the moment but maybe if some really good song comes along and a good singer I would definitely consider it.

Wayne_rooney > Vivan, do you watch cricket?
Vivan Bathena > I was a fanatical cricket fan as a child and at home we even had lucky spots to sit in when the Indian team was playing. But unfortunately, after all the scams and the cricketers doing more modelling work than me, I have somewhat lost interest. I think cricket board should have a clause banning all cricketers from commercials and films so that they can concentrate on cricket. If not, may be models should be allowed on the field.

Zaara > What do you feel about women who ask you out on dates? I mean to say forward women, who like making the first move?
Vivan Bathena > I love aggressive women and women who generally make the first move because it reflects confidence in themselves and also makes for a very interesting conversation!

Ria > Are you seriously interested in someone or still looking?
Vivan Bathena > I am currently in a serious relationship and I think I have definitely stopped looking.

Nevz > And what's the secret behind that smile of your which can kill a hundred girls?
Vivan Bathena > Smiles -. a very good dentist, maybe I can give you his number!

Tweeny > You also do theater. Any plays going on currently?
Vivan Bathena > Nothing right now but Divya Palat is working on a new play and I am def going to audition for it.

Wayne_rooney > When is your Birthday?
Vivan Bathena > 28th of October.

Ria > Good thing I don't know you very well. Otherwise you would be asking for trouble :))!
Vivan Bathena > Yeah, it's a good thing I guess.

Clod > What made you make a TV debut so late? Were you not keen on doing TV earlier? What are your future plans?
Vivan Bathena > I actually was never planning to do TV in the form of soaps but I got an offer to do a serial with Pallvi Joshi and a very good cast and one of the best directors on TV (Swapna Joshi) to which I couldn't say no. My.future plans may be films by the end of next year. The serial Kehna Hai Kuch Mujhko on Sony was my first TV serial (it's off air now).

Sign Off Message > Thank you guys for all the quest and I hope I have answered all your questions. Wish me all the best and I hope you guys see me on the big sc

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nitu123sallu_lover

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Vivan Bathena Chat Interview" in Maayka - Saath Zindagi Bhar Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
wow very intresting

am_786

IF-Rockerz

am_786

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 2:53pm | IP Logged

Thank you!Smile

After reading this chat transcript I really have to say:

He is a daredevil!LOL

smuk

IF-Dazzler

smuk

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
Tahnks Tongue

* ~ Roshni ~ *

IF-Rockerz

* ~ Roshni ~ *

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
thanx 4 that - wow he likes straight forward women Wink Embarrassed

ROX_ZY

ROX_ZY

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 6:58pm | IP Logged

LOLZZZZZZ....he is soooo funny...the part where he said the key to a good smile is a dentist...ha ha ha, that cracked me up..!! LOLLOLLOL

I would certainly like the number, if I can get a smile as good as his, despite the fact that I'd have to fly in and out of indiaConfusedLOL....!!  Ofcourse my smile isn't thatbad either, as I've been told.Embarrassed.. I have dimples which are too close to my mouth...lolxxxOuch

Not bad, he's actually a better charmer than I thought .....like they say "u can't judge a book by it's cover"..Wink..he's actually kinda, maybe a lil like the type I like...lolzzz Embarrassed, yeah I know me and a whole forum army LOL, except for the part about girls making first moves, I prefer the opposite, doesen't mean that the girl isn't confident, just that she's looking for a confident guy instead...Big smile

Oh god he's made me say things which are a lil....."WATEVA" LOL    

Edited by ROX_ZY - 27 April 2007 at 7:05pm

ROX_ZY

ROX_ZY

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
1 question, how long ago did this chat take place??? does any1 have any idea??

sallu_lover

IF-Stunnerz

sallu_lover

Posted: 28 April 2007 at 8:18am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing it

behind his simle is the dentist n he can give his number LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top