Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

Barnali

IF-Veteran Member

Barnali

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 11:23am | IP Logged

A vehicle without fuel is motionless, a ship without a rudder is directionless, food without salt is tasteless, a heart without beat is lifeless, and a song without melody is useless……

Music is an integral part of our lives . But mind you, our favourite songs- they just did not happen. They are the products of the hard work of some very talented, very creative, sincere and hardworking geniuses who dedicated their lives to fill our life with music and melodies.

This week's Retro Caf Show is dedicated to these category of superstars, who are very dear to us and even today live in our hearts through their contributions in the musical field.

Now comes the fun part- we won't tell you who they are, or what the theme of this week's retro show is going to be..

Well, you have to now guess which category of Superstars of the musical world we are talking about and yes, guess the theme of this week's show....

Well dont look so stressed, here is help for you..Tongue

I will give some hints through the following questions :

All you have to do is -answer the quiz. Each reply will give you the names of a superstar(s) .They are all known for their contributions in a certain category of music field . You have to now guess their field of expertise and arrive at the Retro Cafe show theme. You can also  list names your fav song of these personalities.

Now, the questions are :

1.In 1969, this famous personality won the National Award for a fabulous song that he sang. 1951-1974 – was his most successful period. Dev Anand's Navketan banner streered the direction of his life. Who is he?

2. Lata Mangeshkar calls this superstar the "Ghazal ka Shehzaada"- who is he? Two of his films were his biggest hits, but he did not live to see them. Which superstar is this?

3. Another superstar of bollywood introduced this duo superstars in a film in 1949.This film also saw the debut of two very famous lyricists. The famous chemistry between these four have gifted us some most cherishable numbers. This duo superstar jodi lasted till the very end.

Which duo is this?

4. Do Beegha Zameen(1951) saw the emergence of this superstar and after that there was no stopping him. He was referred to as "the genious" by Jaikishen.Who is he?

5.His first film was Chhote Nawab 1961. Vijay Anand can be credited for giving thefirst major break to this musical sensation. Shammi Kapoor in happiness after listening to it had screamed "yahoo" ! Which superstar is this?

Do remember to PM your replies to:  (srgmp*contest*)     latest by   April 30th, 8 PM (IST)  

(note: please do not post your answers here)

This quiz is for open to all members except  the following groups:

- the Podcast/Radio section members and also

- the Dev team members

The correct entries will be announced by the RJ in this weeksretro show. The theme of the week therefore will be a suspense until the show starts..

So what are you waiting for? Start googling and happy walking down musical memory lane..Send your Pm's at the earliest..

Best of luck!!!!

Regards.

IF Dev Team.

Edited by Barnali - 29 April 2007 at 11:07pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Evilgenius_S.S™*Spandana*mcm226advildesi chicmermaid_QT*Jaya*Silence_Gold

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Guess the Theme of this week’s Retro Cafe" in Music Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

diyafah

IF-Rockerz

diyafah

Retro Podcast Team, I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 11:56am | IP Logged
ok...so i can't participate..itz kind of easy to guezz!!! Wink Wink

advil

IF-Sizzlerz

advil

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 11:58am | IP Logged

Wow...cool....let the music begin...I mean the contest begin.....ClapLOL

Best of luck to all....hurry !!!Big smile

-aditi-

IF-Sizzlerz

-aditi-

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Wow gr8 contest Tongue best luck to all da participants, tht surely means i cant participate coz i dont know answer to ne of da questions LOLOuchLOL...

advil

IF-Sizzlerz

advil

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 12:35pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by aditisilawat

Wow gr8 contest Tongue best luck to all da participants, tht surely means i cant participate coz i dont know answer to ne of da questions LOLOuchLOL...

its not tough...Google it you will get the clues...

Edited by advil - 27 April 2007 at 12:36pm

SmarterDesiKid

IF-Sizzlerz

SmarterDesiKid

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Um....the closest one I got to was the second one, but that answer gt blown to pieces after reading, NOT LIVE to see it... Ouch

Evilgenius_S.S™

IF-Dazzler

Evilgenius_S.S™

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
**Oh dtss gr888!!!! Big smile
gonna b gr8 fun!!! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ............thoda peeche jana pdega... Wink LOL
neva minddd....!!! per yar yahan to itneyy sarey loggoon ko muzik ka knowldge hai..............!! Embarrassed main touu..KACCCHi khiladi hun.. Wink LOL LOL
butt ......i'd try...!!ismein...paise thodi lgtey hain LOL LOL Wink

P.S:tHNXXX *ADI*

angel_10

IF-Dazzler

angel_10

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
oh kool!!!!will tune in Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top