India-Forums

Metti Oli
Metti Oli

NEW SCENES IN THE TITLE SONG! (Page 2)

MettiOli Groupbie
MettiOli
MettiOli

Posted: 22 December 2004 at 10:08pm | IP Logged

Sumita - I checked some of your other posts too. Glad to know of several common interests and now, your support for your daughters' education too. What's your favorite site for Indian recipes (PM me). Also, have you watched Mangayar choice in the morning? I think it is aired too early in the morning for you...

I happened to discuss the other issue with another person from the elder generation. Guess what? She said: the choices are either the kid studies for a few more years or works for a few more years, and then they will have to get her married. Most likely the boys will prefer an employed girl over a well qualified girl. I had to admit that there was truth in what she said.

rojapoo Groupbie
rojapoo
rojapoo

Posted: 23 December 2004 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
well guys and gals, have been out of touch for a while - personal pressures!!! looks like there is a serious discussion on education - it is a pity that education is valued at what it can bring back - in terms of money and job!!! I for one believe in education for the sake of knowledge and general awareness about the world around us. Ofcourse in today's competitive world, it is imperative that it fetches money and status - it better be or else it has no value!!!! My take on this is that both the partners should have almost equal qualification - plus or minus a little is fine - apart from the money part, the level of understanding comes only when the partners have the same (nearly) IQ levels. It is one thing to achieve something but it is totally another for the partner to understand and appreciate that, isnt it?? I am actually in the "rendunkettan stage" - cant call myself the older generation or the younger but i do not believe that marriage is the be all and end all in a girl's life. my two daughters are free to choose their life - the initial bringing up is done well and so we trust them to choose the right course - but we have made it very clear to them that as long as we are around, they can fall back on us for any support - which i think is very important.
MettiOli Groupbie
MettiOli
MettiOli

Posted: 29 December 2004 at 9:18pm | IP Logged

Today's MO got over only a few minutes back (overrun due to ads. for the new year program). With all the overacting and melodrama involving Leela & LP's current condition, I'm glad that I decided not to continue with the daily updates.

However, could not resist commenting on the following piece:

Leela waits outside the ICU with Jeyamani, and Dhanam comes in with Chids and Bose. Then she asks Leela "Why does such things happen to you only?" - as if she regrets that Bose escapes all her attempts Big smile

dolly1211 Goldie
dolly1211
dolly1211

Posted: 05 January 2005 at 3:01am | IP Logged
LOL LOL

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Metti Oli Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index