marriage essential? - plz read and reply

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

metou*

IF-Dazzler

metou*

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 6:37am | IP Logged

hello everyoneSmile

havent posted a topic here for ages...but am back with this simple yet complicated questionWink

is it always essential to get married before you live with someone else?

in india it is less common for two people to live together before getting married. its used to be unacceptable before and even now but not as much. but in other countries such as the uk and usa, it is very very common, infact people always live together before getting married...

if you think about it many people get divorced after getting married yet some people who dont get married live together for a lifetime.

some people may argue that getting married is good for children but when parents separate, dont children still get affected regardless if the parents are married or not...

some other may argue that people need to get married because its a sign of commitment and a good institution but does that mean that the people who dont get married and just live together as a couple dont committ themselves to each other? does that mean they are not loyal to eahc other just because they are not married? and those that are married, are they always loyal to theri partner? and if so, why do divorces happen?

the topic jus rose into my head...not that i am against marriages, because it is very important but is it always needed?

i would jus like to end with what i said at the beginning...

plz do leave you views for this topic because i would be very very interested in reading your views on this question...plz do answer...

luv metoubearscrazySmile

Edited by metoubearscrazy - 27 April 2007 at 6:39am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "marriage essential? - plz read and reply" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Hi metoyubearscrazy,

I and few others seemingly are a few decades ahead of time and have expressed our views in a similar thread!
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=104580&T PN=6

I believe in a committed relationship with soul-mate.  if he / she believes in the constitution of marriage, great!  if not, great!
Staying & living before & after, and even after life is what soul-mates could do Embarrassed..
Breaking customs, traditions everything for a love worth seeking is what i find appropriate and will not debate on that, since it is my personal choice.
I am against cheating, being non-committal, irresponsible, and out of love - whether married / not married.
Marriage is great, but not essential.
Love, caring, bonding, committment absolutely is essential.  Marriage does not guarantee committment, so why glorify it? Embarrassed
I don;t profess irresponsible live-ins, but I am clearly not against them, assuming matured, economically independent, and socially secure people who are committed to each other choose to live in!

Edited by mermaid_QT - 27 April 2007 at 10:35am

Pensive

Goldie

Pensive

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Ah well this thread   reminds me of those nosey aunties who now a days keep on asking me ::Whats the problem?.....are you planning to remain a spinster for ever?lol!!At first laughing it off was easy ...but after too many comments like that this laughing become forced and I seriously (and still am) considering myself relocating to some isolated village in far reaches of Timbaktu!!LOLLOL...y they dont understand being can be a fun too!!

But coming back to the topic if i have to choose one between marriage and co habitation..... I would always go for  marriage …personally I think it makes ppl more commited ...am not saying that in live in relationship there is no commitment...but i personally believe this commitment is little bit more in marriage coz if the relationship starts failing...or may b just because of some petty problem, ppl in co habitation are more likely to leave to find the "right partner" as they have nothing invested in it.

But at the same time I do undrerstand that not everyone is same and not everyone wants the same things out of a relationship
People can make things work if they want to..be it in Marriage or Live-In situations...at the end of the day the real issue is commitment. A live-in relationship or a marriage has to have the same level of commitment if they are to be successful

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 10:56am | IP Logged

No Not essential, if you care less about society and folks around. Depends on commitment and trust level between the boy and the girl.

Another post related to this topic, :)

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=557608

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 11:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angel_wings

<span>Ah well </span><span ="post">this thread   reminds me of those nosey aunties who now a days keep on asking me
::Whats the problem?.....are you planning to remain a spinster for
ever?lol!!</span><span ="post"><span>At first laughing it
off was easy ...but after too many comments like that this laughing
become forced and I seriously (and still am) considering myself
relocating to some isolated village in far reaches of Timbaktu!!LOLLOL...y they dont understand being can be a fun too!!
</span></span>
<span ="post"><span>But coming back to the topic if i have to choose one between marriage and co habitation..... I would
always go for marriage …personally I think it makes ppl
more commited ...am not saying that in live in relationship there is no
commitment...but i personally believe this commitment is little bit
more in marriage coz if the relationship starts failing...or may b just
because of some petty problem, ppl in co habitation are more likely to
leave to find the "right partner" as they have nothing invested in it.
But at the same time I do undrerstand that not everyone is same and not everyone wants the same things out of a relationship
People can make things work if they want to..be it in Marriage or
Live-In situations...at the end of the day the real issue is
commitment. A live-in relationship or a marriage has to have the same
level of commitment if they are to be successful
</span>

</span>
D'oh

If they are to have the same level of commitment, then what the heck- might as well go for the marriage itself..

D'oh

Edited by raksha.l - 27 April 2007 at 11:17am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top