Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Parachute.

IF-Sizzlerz

Parachute.

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Hey guys!

Well as this is a new section...I need we need to liven it up a little...no? Embarrassed

So I thought as this is an awards,events and functions section lets discuss awards... Embarrassed

>< Should there even be awards? LOL

>< Do you think they actually mean something nowadays with so many award functions happening?

>< Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc)

>< Are they fair? Confused

>< Any other comments? Embarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "-Discussion of the week?-" in Awards, Events and Functions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Awesome Idea!! Clap

Should there even be awards?
Awards encourage the actor/actresses and are a reward for their sincerity towards there work. It shows who is good and who can be better. Embarrassed

Do you think they actually mean something nowadays with so many award functions happening?
Yes, to the actor/actresses they still mean a lot, even if their value has slightly decreased! Embarrassed

Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc)
Any award function where my favourites perform as i usually read the winners list on line! LOL

Are they fair?
Not really.. I always manage to find something undeserving and wrong in them! LOL But generally they are fair and deserved and thats why they have been given! Embarrassed

Any other comments?
Nops! Big smile

DeviatedTesoro.

Viewbie

DeviatedTesoro.

Reliable CC Captain, BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 25 April 2007 at 4:33am | IP Logged

>< Should there even be awards? yupp there should be because if no awards then how are we gonna give and show our love towards the Actors/actreesEmbarrassed

>< Do you think they actually mean something nowadays with so many award functions happening? yupp they doEmbarrassed

>< Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc) i like all....but love the IIFAWink

>< Are they fair? Confused SPA isnt all the awards go to KSBKBTCrywat about others then...Why nominate them huh???

>< Any other comments? Embarrassed Greattttttt DOTW!!Clap

ambarinaaltaf

IF-Rockerz

ambarinaaltaf

Posted: 25 April 2007 at 5:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by niya

Hey guys!

Well as this is a new section...I need we need to liven it up a little...no? Embarrassed

So I thought as this is an awards,events and functions section lets discuss awards... Embarrassed

>< Should there even be awards? LOL hmmmm yes bt it shld be one  main award....ntt soo many award functions...as in one some other actor and in another some one else...y to confuse pppl so much..as to judge who is the best...

>< Do you think they actually mean something nowadays with so many award functions happening?
noo they dont mean anything...as i think those awards are nt at all fair with actors...

>< Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc) Zee cine awards

>< Are they fair? Confused  nooo nt at all..i think till nw any awards i saw were nt fair..

>< Any other comments? Embarrassed niyaa good that u posted this topic...was getting bored...thankxx dint see that this section is alsoo made..

Edited by ambarinaaltaf - 25 April 2007 at 5:24am

Eksie

IF-Stunnerz

Eksie

Posted: 25 April 2007 at 9:20am | IP Logged

Originally posted by niya

Hey Niya..

Great discussion thread..

>< Should there even be awards? LOL Yes ofcourse.. Awards are rewards for actors who work the whole year round to provide us with entertainment.. They deserve to be recognised for their hardwork and dedication ClapClap

>< Do you think they actually mean something nowadays with so many award functions happening? Awards mean a lot to actors.. its more like a reassurance that you are loved for the work you do.. Embarrassed

>< Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc)  Amongst film awards, I enjoy Filmfare & IIFA. Television awards..has to be SPA! Big smile

Fair/Unfair depends on the perception of the audiences.. If one's favourite wins, he/she thinks its fair Clap.. If the favourite does not win..guess they believe its unfair! Angry

>< Any other comments? Embarrassed
Award ceremonies should be few.. not a million award ceremonies each year. Moreover, the jury and public should award it to someone who is truly deserving..and not just who is popular! Confused

nature

IF-Rockerz

nature

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 26 April 2007 at 6:07am | IP Logged
>< Should there even be awards? Yup......to encourage the performers and to give them the credit fot their hard work

>< Do you think they actually mean something nowadays with so many award functions happening? In this crowd of so many awards, there are still some of the bigger ones who haven't yet lost their importance

>< Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc) Filmfare, IIFA, SPA and any other in which my favs perform Tongue...

>< Are they fair?  Everyone has his/her own opinions regarding this topic.....i guess what seems fair to one wont seem so to the other...it's an individual perception...

>< Any other comments?  great discussion....but i wanna c more ppl participate in it Embarrassed...

ShadowKisses

IF-Dazzler

ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 26 April 2007 at 7:34am | IP Logged

>< Should there even be awards? LOL

Only critics awards. These "popular" awards (a la Filmfare, SPA etc) are just meant to kiss up to the stars. Ayesha Takia's brilliant performance in Dor was sidelined while Kajol bagged the best actress award for coming back.Confused Bipasha's Corporate was sidelined just so they could kiss up to Ms. Mukherji. Ouch Aishwarya & Shabana's perfromance in Umrao Jaan was sidelined because the film wasn't a commercial success.Dead In the previous years, Hrithik's performance in Fiza (which, to this day, I believe was his best performance) was sidelined so they could give other popular actors awards. Not to mention the "new" categories Filmfare comes up with to kiss up to SRK & Priyanka*coughcough*Most Searched Celeb on int*coughcough*. It's a known fact that Aishwarya Rai & even Shilpa Shetty are more searched on the internet than PC. Not meant to offend anyone, just stating facts.

No. It's a TRP gimmick.

>< Which award show do you most often enjoy?(Screen,filmfare etc)

None really. Just watch them to kill time.

They are anything but fair. The movie that makes the most profit gets the awards *coughcough*D2*coughcough* while masterpieces like Dor sweep the dust. I used to think Screen was fair, but not anymore. The best "jodi" award was handed over to SRK-Rani, who IMHO, shared less chemistry than Kajol-Aamir, Hrithik-Ash and even Shahid-Amrita. Biased,  biased, biased.

Parachute.

IF-Sizzlerz

Parachute.

Posted: 26 April 2007 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Clap Great reply guys...keep it coming Clap

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.