Debate Mansion

Should partial-birth abortion be banned? (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 10

payal99

Groupbie

payal99

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~*MaNnU*~

Originally posted by payal99

Originally posted by mittijalebi

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by mittijalebi

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by raunaq

i read it, its indeed gruesome, and i feel pity on those innocent babies but i still feel it should be left on the mother to decide what is good for her and her baby. i dont think any mother would want her childs life to be taken in such an unsightly manner, and going on for 6 months and then deciding to get aborted might mean that she has been forced to go for it due to certain circumstances. it only brings out her inability to accept motherhood. i am not trying to give my opinion if this abortion is good or bad but if this is banned then fine but what are the other options for the replacement for partial abortion and of course painless ones. i am trying to assess this issue on behalf of those who plump for this method

raunaq Clap
I also have a problem with those who profess the welfare of baby as if they care for the 6 month foetus MORE than his / her mother and while pretending so, they question others' mentality Ouch for being supportive of mother??   Mother goes through a permanent emotional scar even when she chooses an abortion even in the safe and early phase.  Those who abort so late are actually putting themselves at risk too.  It is so wrong to judge them / the issue when one does not know an individual and his / her circumstances.  If as a third party, we all know how great other choices such as adoption could be, I am sure the mom-to-be who carried her bundle inside for 6 months knows of them too.  If she STILL chooses to let it go, and let is not be exposed to an unknown life which she cannot guarante to be happy and safe either.....  if anything, we should cry with her / feel for her .  WE should hope that she is blessed with the joy of momhood when she is ready and for the child to seek peace in the loving care of the almighty.

I am not professing abortion, but I do hope for people to be less judgmental towards the mother.  She must be dying a thousand deaths my heart felt even while reading about all that procedure.
Raunaq, your post touched my heart.  TFS.
mermaid_qt

PS - If they are banned, Govt must provide assured welfare/ well-being of the child and the mom should be given evidence of such during the following years.

yes i care for the baby more than for the  mother for a simple reason..........THE BABY HAS NO VOICE.  what about the baby's right to decide that it wants to live.  all along we're so worried about the mother's decision and this and that, well what about the baby's decisions.  or is it that its 2 months from being full-term that its not a human yet so it has no right to want to live?

if the same baby was killed 2 months later in a similar fashion b/c the mother DECIDED  that she was unable to handle the kid...unable to guarantee a good life and a safe one,  does this make it okay too?  should we "cry with her and feel sorry for her" then too?

Until the baby can breathe by itself, it is part of mother's body.  Once it is on its own, it is an individual.  WE seem  to have a difference of opinion here.  The kid can not only not speak, but can not breathe in air yet either.. The only connection he / she has to the world is MOTHER, not you LOL (ok j/k there, nothing personal).. So sorry, but mom comes before you!  I'd never say I love someone more than his / her mom.  We completely disagree on that as well. 
For those who actually feel so deeply about the issue, a great idea is to COUNSEL women seeking such abortions and succeed at convincing them otherwise, instead of passing judgements at them .  I hope we could agree on that.  Once someone actually starts doing that, the judgment is dropped..

instead of sucking its brains out in the last trimester, give birth to it instead and it will survive.  then not only will it speak (cry) but it will also breathe in the air. 

and who's gonna pay for the baby ??

the same person who's going to pay for the abortion.

abortion cost MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH les thenn than rasing a childdd

you don't HAVE to keep the child.  put it up for adoption.  aborting so late in teh pregnancy is murder.  its like killing a full term baby for god's sake.

Edited by payal99 - 24 April 2007 at 4:47pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should partial-birth abortion be banned? (Page 9)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~*MaNnU*~

~*MaNnU*~

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
u'll get too attached to the baby denn

payal99

Groupbie

payal99

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

i feel bad for them in both cases, i was just trying to explain mittiji the cruelty the kid will have to go through after birth. as for your question, i dont think its right to take the life of the baby, but mothers should be left with this decision since she will be the one who has to bear the kid and give the birth to the kid. i know you might be thinking how am i trying to fight the childs right after he is being born but i am not fighting for the kids right before he is born Ouch but i still think we must not judge the mother and let her go for the options available. if she wants to keep the baby its her choice, if not then also its her choice, we are not the provider of the baby it will be only the mother who will the deciding factor for the baby. i hope i made some sense Confused

Yes. I totally agree with you. It is a mother's body and it should be her decision whether to have a baby or not. But I can't bring myself to justify a mother who will abort a baby in 8th or 9th month. It is not a fetus but a full grown baby and for me I see it as killing a newborn.

You made sense. But as I said I can't relate to a woman who abort in 3rd trimester. I couldn't relate to Andrea Yates when she drowned all her babies and walked out scot free citing depression when she was in sense to argue for herself.Ouch

you deserve to be applauded for this.  the question is not just abortion, its abortion so late.  when the baby has the ability to survive if given birth at that time.  it has a brain, lungs, heart, it moves and even sucks its thumb so late in teh pregnancy. 

payal99

Groupbie

payal99

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 4:51pm | IP Logged

the same person who's going to pay for the abortion.

i am sorry, i know this is a serious topic but couldnt help loudly at this comment LOL LOL LOL

yeah, its a really touchy subject.  but good debate going on.

payal99

Groupbie

payal99

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 4:52pm | IP Logged

u'll get too attached to the baby denn

if your not attached to the baby when you hear its heartbeat, when you see the ultrasound, when you feel it moving, then your definitely not going to get attached to it if you see it for a MINUTE.  also you can choose not to spend time with your newborn if you decide to give it up for adoption.

souro

souro

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 6:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by souro

IMO, the decision should be left to the mother. How gruesome the process is, shouldn't be the deciding factor in whether to ban it or not. Even in a normal abortion a fetus gets killed, if that's allowed why should this be an exception.

Since the baby still can't think for itself and does not have a fully developed brain, the voice of the baby argument becomes redundant. It is not correct to compare it with a baby already born, because it has it's own decision making power unlike the unborn child.

As for giving up the baby for adoption, even for that the mother has to go through the whole term of pregnancy. And who'll be paying for all the medication and check-ups to ensure a safe pregnancy?? Me, you, the Govt., No. Then how can we even make that decision for her. And as for the argument that there are hundreds of childless couple wanting to adopt a child, that's their problem, why should the mother pregnant with an unwanted child take the responsibility for them.

this was the most insensitive post yet.  there are so many childless couples and you sit here and say that its their problem.  oh god, how could you say that.  god forbid if you were to ever be put in that situation you would realize what they go through.

If the childless couple are going through something, do you want to say the mother who is going for the abortion going through nothing. How can we accuse the mother with the unwanted pregnancy of robbing a childless couple's chance to have a baby. She's not responsible for their condition, period.

and its not the mother's fault that the child is unwanted, the mother should've prevented the pregnancy in teh first place, well if it was a rape or abuse then its a different story.

Even without going into the realms of rape and abuse there maybe n number of reasons for which the mother might be deciding to undergo this. You may think that these situations are rare, but then we're talking about a rare thing.

regarding your comment about the mother have to go through the whole pregnancy, well she's already more than 2/3 of the way through it, what she suddenly woke up and realized she doesn't want it anymore.  how retarded.

She might have been forced by her husband/ boyfriend to keep the baby, when she didn't really want one. Maybe her husband/ boyfriend upped and vanished one day, and she decides to terminate the pregnancy, so what's wrong with that.

Edited by souro - 24 April 2007 at 6:46pm

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 25 April 2007 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

She might have been forced by her husband/ boyfriend to keep the baby, when she didn't really want one. Maybe her husband/ boyfriend upped and vanished one day, and she decides to terminate the pregnancy, so what's wrong with that.

possible, thats why i think the mother has the right to decide what she wants to do since she might be facing some unusual circumstances.

mittijalebi

IF-Rockerz

mittijalebi

Posted: 25 April 2007 at 11:35am | IP Logged
so what if the husband or boyfriend leave her one day AFTER the baby is born, what will she do then?

look, i'm pro-choice (hard as it may be to believe) but i can't justify terminating a pregnancy that late. its a human being at that point, its heart beats, it kicks, it does everything......its not just a bunch of cells anymore.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top