Debate Mansion

Should partial-birth abortion be banned? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 10

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should partial-birth abortion be banned? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
mittijalebi, i used to think its very easy to take care of the baby, but when i see mum juggling their tasks including kids, its a very tough job. you feel pity for taking those innocent kids who are not born yet, i feel pity on those innocent kids when i see them being beaten up by frustrated parents in a public transport or when you are waiting outside somewhere. i am not saying that frustration is due to these kids being born but having an unwanted kid adds to the elements of frustrations and can sometimes lead to abuse of the kids by such kind of parents. what will happen? child ends up in foster care, more problem, you dont know if the mother is happy or the child is happy.why the kid should go through the torture of having a bad childhood just because the mother didnt want to have kid and now she has added problems with her. its not fair either on the kid or the mother. i might be wrong too but so far this is my opinion.

Edited by raunaq - 24 April 2007 at 2:10pm

souro

souro

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mittijalebi

Originally posted by raunaq

Originally posted by souro

And as for the argument that there are hundreds of childless couple wanting to adopt a child, that's their problem, why should the mother pregnant with an unwanted child take the responsibility for them.

exactly, if the mother doesnt want give her child for adoption, its her decision

utterly ridiculous.  what fault is it of the child that its unwanted?  anyways, i'm outnumbered.  i got nothing more to add. 

I'm not saying it's the fault of the foetus that it's unwanted, circumstances made it so. And whatever it maybe, the fact still remains that the pregnancy is undesirable to the mother.Smile

You're outnumbered, want me to fight for you.Big smile Ok, here's the first reason. In both abortion and giving up the baby for adoption, the mother faces emotional scar. So, that remaining same, in case of adoption atleast a life gets saved. Obviously that makes giving birth and then giving up the baby for adoption a better choice.

As for the argument that even if the mother gives up the baby for adoption she still has to incur expenses during her pregnancy and for her delivery, the fact is that she will incur costs even for this abortion process, which maybe even higher than the normal abortion fees. And since she has only three months of pregnancy left anyway, she can easily manage with this money, only thing she'll have to skip the high end check-ups and all and settle for a very normal routine.

Edited by souro - 24 April 2007 at 2:10pm

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

I was not planning to post here because after becoming a mother I have change of opinion in several matters including abortion in third trimester. But I couldn't help myself from posting after reading about giving birth to leave it in a adoption home.

Though I think it is a mother's choice to decide to keep the baby or not I am againt abortions in third trimester. It could be personal because I have seen baby moving actively, jumping and even responding to music and what a mom talks. I find it cruel if a mother suddenly decides to abort it in the third trimester without any valid reasons.

Now giving birth to an unwanted child and putting it up for adoption is equally cruel. The world is full of such unwanted children, why to add more?

This is one debate where I can't debate on one side. But coming back to the main topic, I am against 3 rd trimester abortion. I find it cruel.

Although I am pro-choice and do believe in mother's right to make that decision but I am in agreement and same dilemna as you are Maya Memsaab Embarrassed

If they all just followed either having no sex or proper way of birth control than we would not be having these issues and debates.

It is a lose-lose situation in my opinion Cry

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 2:13pm | IP Logged

I was not planning to post here because after becoming a mother I have change of opinion in several matters including abortion in third trimester. But I couldn't help myself from posting after reading about giving birth to leave it in a adoption home.

Though I think it is a mother's choice to decide to keep the baby or not I am againt abortions in third trimester. It could be personal because I have seen baby moving actively, jumping and even responding to music and what a mom talks. I find it cruel if a mother suddenly decides to abort it in the third trimester without any valid reasons.

Now giving birth to an unwanted child and putting it up for adoption is equally cruel. The world is full of such unwanted children, why to add more?

This is one debate where I can't debate on one side. But coming back to the main topic, I am against 3 rd trimester abortion. I find it cruel.

Agree with you, Maya. It was unnerving reading the link Ouch

~*MaNnU*~

~*MaNnU*~

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

Although I am pro-choice and do believe in mother's right to make that decision but I am in agreement and same dilemna as you are Maya Memsaab Embarrassed

If they all just followed either having no sex or proper way of birth control than we would not be having these issues and debates.

It is a lose-lose situation in my opinion Cry

and what if the mother was forced to have sex..and she becumz pregnant...then??

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
jalebi, don't feel bad for being outnumbered. Do you think I am ecstatic about these late abortions? My friend had a miscarriage that we took care of and it is one of the saddest site that does not go away from my mind. I personally am very strongly against late abortions too. All I am saying it that IF THE MOM is convinced, that is the only option, in spite of counseling, guidance and support, one must not judge her. She is the mom and hers is a much bigger loss and sacrifice. If she did not abort early, she dearly wanted to have the baby. What is the PAIN, the ANGUISH that made her so strong, in her weakest moment of deciding to let it go?
do you really think she is not aware that it will cry for her, she will comfort her when he / she shivers, she will feed when he/ she is hungry? would she not be ecstatic to know how HER heartbeats will be remembered by the kid.. and how SHE would mean the world to the baby?  all that just a few months away and what makes her ready to let it go.. 
Do you begin to see the sadness?? Or do you still find it so selfish that she should be judged?   

Edited by mermaid_QT - 24 April 2007 at 2:17pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top