Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Should partial-birth abortion be banned? (Page 3)

raunaq IF-Sizzlerz
raunaq
raunaq

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mittijalebi

Originally posted by raunaq

Originally posted by sareg

that is a choice of the mother, not you or me, that is what we are talking about, nobody is telling others to go have abortion, the option is there, legally

if you feel for the child, go have the child, if you want to put up the child for adoption great, hope and pray you find a adopter

if you see problems in either, the option is towards the woman

i echo your thoughts, options are made available to her and she is the decision maker, she would at least have the common sense for this, who are we to judge her if she wants to have it or not, the people are not the provider of the baby, its her and her family

so you felt nothing reading the description of the partial birth adoption. how the baby is aborted.........the brains being sucked out? i was almost ready to throw up.

anyways, i'm not going to come back here and post. reading this is making me sick to the stomach.

happy debating for all you ppl whothink its okayto KILL innocent babies b/c its the mother's choice. Clap

yes i read it, its indeed gruesome, and i feel pity on those innocent babies but i still feel it should be left on the mother to decide what is good for her and her baby. i dont think any mother would want her childs life to be taken in such an unsightly manner, and going on for 6 months and then deciding to get aborted might mean that she has been forced to go for it due to certain circumstances. it only brings out her inability to accept motherhood. i am not trying to give my opinion if this abortion is good or bad but if this is banned then fine but what are the other options for the replacement of partial abortion and of course painless ones. i am trying to assess this issue on behalf of those who plump for this method

Edited by raunaq - 24 April 2007 at 12:53pm
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
I agree with mitti here. I think if they want to really abort a fetus they have three big months to abort or decide. Why do they want to abort during second or third trimester. However, I agree with sareg's point about raising kids as well. It is even more scary to raise unwanted child so better just abort it. But if government wants to take that child I think it's fine. One was already ready to kill that child out of no reason (assuming it was not legitimate reason for health or finance) then why do you care if that unreliable government take it or not.

Also, it could be legal to abort after first trimester, but it is not done in regular clinic or by regular OBGY. There is a special clinic for this. No regular doctors want to touch fetus after first trimester.

I totally agree that it is women life and her choice of what to do with her baby and her life. However, when you can see that baby move, and kicking inside the tummy specially at 6 month (as per the link provided by originator) or so..it is rather bit harsh to abort.
mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 1:02pm | IP Logged

i read it, its indeed gruesome, and i feel pity on those innocent babies but i still feel it should be left on the mother to decide what is good for her and her baby. i dont think any mother would want her childs life to be taken in such an unsightly manner, and going on for 6 months and then deciding to get aborted might mean that she has been forced to go for it due to certain circumstances. it only brings out her inability to accept motherhood. i am not trying to give my opinion if this abortion is good or bad but if this is banned then fine but what are the other options for the replacement for partial abortion and of course painless ones. i am trying to assess this issue on behalf of those who plump for this method

raunaq Clap
I also have a problem with those who profess the welfare of baby as if they care for the 6 month foetus MORE than his / her mother and while pretending so, they question others' mentality Ouch for being supportive of mother??   Mother goes through a permanent emotional scar even when she chooses an abortion even in the safe and early phase.  Those who abort so late are actually putting themselves at risk too.  It is so wrong to judge them / the issue when one does not know an individual and his / her circumstances.  If as a third party, we all know how great other choices such as adoption could be, I am sure the mom-to-be who carried her bundle inside for 6 months knows of them too.  If she STILL chooses to let it go, and let is not be exposed to an unknown life which she cannot guarante to be happy and safe either.....  if anything, we should cry with her / feel for her .  WE should hope that she is blessed with the joy of momhood when she is ready and for the child to seek peace in the loving care of the almighty.

I am not professing abortion, but I do hope for people to be less judgmental towards the mother.  She must be dying a thousand deaths my heart felt even while reading about all that procedure.
Raunaq, your post touched my heart.  TFS.
mermaid_qt

PS - If they are banned, Govt must provide assured welfare/ well-being of the child and the mom should be given evidence of such during the following years.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 24 April 2007 at 1:05pm
sareg IF-Dazzler
sareg
sareg

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 1:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sowmyaa

I agree with mitti here. I think if they want to really abort a fetus they have three big months to abort or decide. Why do they want to abort during second or third trimester.

most probabl there is pressure from forces to keep the child and as more and more time goes the mother starts realizing the magnitude of the responsibility

However, I agree with sareg's point about raising kids as well. It is even more scary to raise unwanted child so better just abort it. But if government wants to take that child I think it's fine. One was already ready to kill that child out of no reason (assuming it was not legitimate reason for health or finance) then why do you care if that unreliable government take it or not.

B'cos the Govt is already strained with responsibilities currently add a lot more responsibility to it, what does it do, hike up our taxes and still provide for poor services. I am sure proponents of abortion bans love the idea of increase in taxes(actually we switch sides on that dont weLOL) 

Also, it could be legal to abort after first trimester, but it is not done in regular clinic or by regular OBGY. There is a special clinic for this. No regular doctors want to touch fetus after first trimester.

I totally agree that it is women life and her choice of what to do with her baby and her life. However, when you can see that baby move, and kicking inside the tummy specially at 6 month (as per the link provided by originator) or so..it is rather bit harsh to abort.

and you would think very few would opt for it, let them make the decision after that, if they are so heartless, I really worry about them raising children

mittijalebi IF-Rockerz
mittijalebi
mittijalebi

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

i read it, its indeed gruesome, and i feel pity on those innocent babies but i still feel it should be left on the mother to decide what is good for her and her baby. i dont think any mother would want her childs life to be taken in such an unsightly manner, and going on for 6 months and then deciding to get aborted might mean that she has been forced to go for it due to certain circumstances. it only brings out her inability to accept motherhood. i am not trying to give my opinion if this abortion is good or bad but if this is banned then fine but what are the other options for the replacement for partial abortion and of course painless ones. i am trying to assess this issue on behalf of those who plump for this method

raunaq Clap
I also have a problem with those who profess the welfare of baby as if they care for the 6 month foetus MORE than his / her mother and while pretending so, they question others' mentality Ouch for being supportive of mother??   Mother goes through a permanent emotional scar even when she chooses an abortion even in the safe and early phase.  Those who abort so late are actually putting themselves at risk too.  It is so wrong to judge them / the issue when one does not know an individual and his / her circumstances.  If as a third party, we all know how great other choices such as adoption could be, I am sure the mom-to-be who carried her bundle inside for 6 months knows of them too.  If she STILL chooses to let it go, and let is not be exposed to an unknown life which she cannot guarante to be happy and safe either.....  if anything, we should cry with her / feel for her .  WE should hope that she is blessed with the joy of momhood when she is ready and for the child to seek peace in the loving care of the almighty.

I am not professing abortion, but I do hope for people to be less judgmental towards the mother.  She must be dying a thousand deaths my heart felt even while reading about all that procedure.
mermaid_qt

PS - If they are banned, Govt must provide assured welfare/ well-being of the child and the mom should be given evidence of such during the following years.

yes i care for the baby more than for the  mother for a simple reason..........THE BABY HAS NO VOICE.  what about the baby's right to decide that it wants to live.  all along we're so worried about the mother's decision and this and that, well what about the baby's decisions.  or is it that its 2 months from being full-term that its not a human yet so it has no right to want to live?

if the same baby was killed 2 months later in a similar fashion b/c the mother DECIDED  that she was unable to handle the kid...unable to guarantee a good life and a safe one,  does this make it okay too?  should we "cry with her and feel sorry for her" then too?

Edited by mittijalebi - 24 April 2007 at 1:21pm
raunaq IF-Sizzlerz
raunaq
raunaq

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 1:22pm | IP Logged

I also have a problem with those who profess the welfare of baby as if they care for the 6 month foetus MORE than his / her mother and while pretending so, they question others' mentality Ouch for being supportive of mother??Mother goes through a permanent emotional scar even when she chooses an abortion even in the safe and early phase. Those who abort so late are actually putting themselves at risk too. It is so wrong to judge them / the issue when one does not know an individual and his / her circumstances.If she STILL chooses to let it go, and let is not be exposed to an unknown life which she cannot guarante to be happy and safe either..... if anything, we should cry with her / feel for her . WE should hope that she is blessed with the joy of momhood when she is ready and for the child to seek peace in the loving care of the almighty. I do hope for people to be less judgmental towards the mother. She must be dying a thousand deaths my heart felt even while reading about all that procedure. If they are banned, Govt must provide assured welfare/ well-being of the child and the mom should be given evidence of such during the following years.

thank you qt, and very well said Clap Clap Clap i agree with you. i just wished people can be less judgemental and think from a mothers perspective.

Edited by raunaq - 24 April 2007 at 1:27pm
mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 1:30pm | IP Logged

raunaq Clap

mermaid_qt

yes i care for the baby more than for the  mother for a simple reason..........THE BABY HAS NO VOICE.  what about the baby's right to decide that it wants to live.  all along we're so worried about the mother's decision and this and that, well what about the baby's decisions.  or is it that its 2 months from being full-term that its not a human yet so it has no right to want to live?

if the same baby was killed 2 months later in a similar fashion b/c the mother DECIDED  that she was unable to handle the kid...unable to guarantee a good life and a safe one,  does this make it okay too?  should we "cry with her and feel sorry for her" then too?

Until the baby can breathe by itself, it is part of mother's body.  Once it is on its own, it is an individual.  WE seem  to have a difference of opinion here.  The kid can not only not speak, but can not breathe in air yet either.. The only connection he / she has to the world is MOTHER, not you LOL (ok j/k there, nothing personal).. So sorry, but mom comes before you!  I'd never say I love someone more than his / her mom.  We completely disagree on that as well. 
For those who actually feel so deeply about the issue, a great idea is to COUNSEL women seeking such abortions and succeed at convincing them otherwise, instead of passing judgements at them .  I hope we could agree on that.  Once someone actually starts doing that, the judgment is dropped..

Edited by mermaid_QT - 24 April 2007 at 1:47pm
raunaq IF-Sizzlerz
raunaq
raunaq

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 1:35pm | IP Logged

yes i care for the baby more than for the mother for a simple reason..........THE BABY HAS NO VOICE. what about the baby's right to decide that it wants to live. all along we're so worried about the mother's decision and this and that, well what about the baby's decisions. or is it that its 2 months from being full-term that its not a human yet so it has no right to want to live?

if the same baby was killed 2 months later in a similar fashion b/c the mother DECIDED that she was unable to handle the kid...unable to guarantee a good life and a safe one, does this make it okay too? should we "cry with her and feel sorry for her" then too?

you have some valid points which made me ponder for a while but i would still think that it should be left on the mother to decide, becoz she is the one giving birth to the baby first of all and moreover she will be the main provider of the baby. the baby would be under moms supervision during its infancy so i still think its mothers decision Smile moreover it might seem very easy for us to take care of the baby but in reality its not.

Edited by raunaq - 24 April 2007 at 1:37pm

Go to top