Debate Mansion

Should partial-birth abortion be banned? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 10

Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 3 Page 10

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mittijalebi

Originally posted by sareg

Abortion should be a woman's right to choose, the state has no business getting involved in it. The state only gets a right to interfer when the wife of the mother is in danger. If the Govt is so interested at that point they should adopt the child, but that is the only place where State should be involved. The mother has to provide nurturing, No-one is going to help her in that, if not, they have no business telling her what to do. If it is a couple, father's input should be valued, however the decision maker should be the mother Now should parental consent be required if the child is underage, It should be an opinion but not an obligation to value that input. If the parents had so much say in the child's life, they would not have allowed their child to become pregnant in the first place Partial birth abortion, I really think the doctors should check if the mother's life is at risk, if it is and the mother still wants to abort, they should take the child and give it to the Govt to care The Govt have shown how capable they are at maintaining our security, economic and social state, giving them a child to care is the stupidiest thing to do.

i don't think you've ever heard of such a thing as ADOPTION! there are hundreds of childless couples out there who are willing to adopt newborns.

i used to think i was pro-choice, however, reading the description of that partial birth abortion was disturbing.

why carry a baby to 6 months and then decide you want to abort it? (this is of course if there are no medical issues). utterly sick!

and regarding your comment about parents of underage pregnant girls........they cant be with them everywhere. i'm sure they didnt give their daughter consent to go get pregnant.

so you are trying to imply that a woman cannot make the decision of abortion? what if the mothers decision is to not hand her kids in adoption? and carrying baby for 6 months and then abort, again the decision should be left on to her, it looks like an easy task for others and recommend to not to go for abortion but the onus of taking care of the baby falls mostly on the mother. of course people can give her advices about adoption etc, but she is the decision maker, what if her circumstances changes and she feels that she cannot take care of the baby? i might be asking some silly questions but would love to hear views from others.

Edited by raunaq - 24 April 2007 at 12:27pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should partial-birth abortion be banned? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mittijalebi

IF-Rockerz

mittijalebi

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
yeah killing your almost full-term baby is a much better decision than handing your kids over to being adopted. wah kya mentality hai.

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 12:21pm | IP Logged

Abortion should be a woman's right to choose, the state has no business getting involved in it. The state only gets a right to interfer when the wife of the mother is in danger. If the Govt is so interested at that point they should adopt the child, but that is the only place where State should be involved.

The mother has to provide nurturing, No-one is going to help her in that, if not, they have no business telling her what to do. If it is a couple, father's input should be valued, however the decision maker should be the mother

Now should parental consent be required if the child is underage, It should be an opinion but not an obligation to value that input. If the parents had so much say in the child's life, they would not have allowed their child to become pregnant in the first place

Partial birth abortion, I really think the doctors should check if the mother's life is at risk, if it is and the mother still wants to abort, they should take the child and give it to the Govt to care

The Govt have shown how capable they are at maintaining our security, economic and social state, giving them a child to care is the stupidiest thing to do.

i don't think you've ever heard of such a thing as ADOPTION!  there are hundreds of childless couples out there who are willing to adopt newborns.

There are far many abortions than childless couplesWink there are many couples who would keep on trying than adopt, so let the child be born and pray someone adopts. If you dont think you cant provide, dont produce the child, simple, no depending on others

i used to think i was pro-choice, however, reading the description of that partial birth abortion was disturbing.

why carry a baby to 6 months and then decide you want to abort it?  (this is of course if there are no medical issues).  utterly sick!

why sick? I or you are not going to go help her change diapersLOL, or pay for food for the child, are we?

and regarding your comment about parents of underage pregnant girls........they cant be with them everywhere.  i'm sure they didnt give their daughter consent to go get pregnant.

so the parents consent did not help the child in the first place, they failed in giving proper teachingsWink, I am not even going towards the sexual abuse

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 12:26pm | IP Logged

yeah killing your almost full-term baby is a much better decision than handing your kids over to being adopted. wah kya mentality hai.

that is a choice of the mother, not you or me, that is what we are talking about, nobody is telling others to go have abortion, the option is there, legally

if you feel for the child, go have the child, if you want to put up the child for adoption great, hope and pray you find a adopter

if you see problems in either, the option is towards the woman

please let us not get into mentality here, I did not talk about yours, dont get into mine, if you have want to debate, debate, if not Wink

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 12:31pm | IP Logged

that is a choice of the mother, not you or me, that is what we are talking about, nobody is telling others to go have abortion, the option is there, legally

if you feel for the child, go have the child, if you want to put up the child for adoption great, hope and pray you find a adopter

i echo your thoughts, options are made available to her and she is the decision maker, she would at least have the common sense for this, who are we to judge her if she wants to have it or not, the people are not the provider of the baby, its her and her family

mittijalebi

IF-Rockerz

mittijalebi

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 12:34pm | IP Logged

Abortion should be a woman's right to choose, the state has no business getting involved in it. The state only gets a right to interfer when the wife of the mother is in danger. If the Govt is so interested at that point they should adopt the child, but that is the only place where State should be involved.

The mother has to provide nurturing, No-one is going to help her in that, if not, they have no business telling her what to do. If it is a couple, father's input should be valued, however the decision maker should be the mother

Now should parental consent be required if the child is underage, It should be an opinion but not an obligation to value that input. If the parents had so much say in the child's life, they would not have allowed their child to become pregnant in the first place

Partial birth abortion, I really think the doctors should check if the mother's life is at risk, if it is and the mother still wants to abort, they should take the child and give it to the Govt to care

The Govt have shown how capable they are at maintaining our security, economic and social state, giving them a child to care is the stupidiest thing to do.

i don't think you've ever heard of such a thing as ADOPTION!  there are hundreds of childless couples out there who are willing to adopt newborns.

There are far many abortions than childless couplesWink there are many couples who would keep on trying than adopt, so let the child be born and pray someone adopts. If you dont think you cant provide, dont produce the child, simple, no depending on others

i don't think this would ever be an issue that you have a child and then PRAY for someone to adopt.

why carry a baby to 6 months and then decide you want to abort it?  (this is of course if there are no medical issues).  utterly sick!

why sick? I or you are not going to go help her change diapersLOL, or pay for food for the child, are we?

sick b/c its brains are being sucked out!!  thats why its sick.  and if she couldn't change the diapers or pay for the food why get pregnant in the first place. (keeping in mind this wasn't due to a rape or something.)

and regarding your comment about parents of underage pregnant girls........they cant be with them everywhere.  i'm sure they didnt give their daughter consent to go get pregnant.

so the parents consent did not help the child in the first place, they failed in giving proper teachingsWink, I am not even going towards the sexual abuse

look a parent can teach until their brains fall out but in the end it is upto the child whether they listen to them or not.  i don't think blaming the parents is the right thing to do here.

mittijalebi

IF-Rockerz

mittijalebi

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raunaq

i echo your thoughts, options are made available to her and she is the decision maker, she would at least have the common sense for this, who are we to judge her if she wants to have it or not, the people are not the provider of the baby, its her and her family

so you felt nothing reading the description of the partial birth adoption.  how the baby is aborted.........the brains being sucked out?  i was almost ready to throw up. 

anyways, i'm not going to come back here and post.  reading this is making me sick to the stomach.

happy debating for all you ppl who think its okay to KILL innocent babies b/c its the mother's choice. Clap

Edited by mittijalebi - 24 April 2007 at 12:37pm

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 12:45pm | IP Logged

i don't think this would ever be an issue that you have a child and then PRAY for someone to adopt.

why, she did not want the child in the first place, you told her someone is gonna adopt the child and now you are saying that maynot be an option too?

sick b/c its brains are being sucked out!!  thats why its sick.  and if she couldn't change the diapers or pay for the food why get pregnant in the first place. (keeping in mind this wasn't due to a rape or something.)

First up is Education: First start educating a child from 4-5 grade what leads to pregnancy, how to use condoms, 60 years from there, there will be no education required

Second make all child care services free, then maybe there there will be a scope for this discussionWink

look a parent can teach until their brains fall out but in the end it is upto the child whether they listen to them or not.  i don't think blaming the parents is the right thing to do here.

so we are blaming a person who is underage and asking them to take responsibilty for their actions, if yes they should be given all the sets of options

Post Reply New Post

Go to top