Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago
Originally posted by: mittijalebi

yes i care for the baby more than for the  mother for a simple reason..........THE BABY HAS NO VOICE.  what about the baby's right to decide that it wants to live.  all along we're so worried about the mother's decision and this and that, well what about the baby's decisions.  or is it that its 2 months from being full-term that its not a human yet so it has no right to want to live?

if the same baby was killed 2 months later in a similar fashion b/c the mother DECIDED  that she was unable to handle the kid...unable to guarantee a good life and a safe one,  does this make it okay too?  should we "cry with her and feel sorry for her" then too?

Yes, reading that article was indeed gruesome. It's horrible actually. And I perfectly understand what you are going through reading that.

If there is any consolation to you, there is actually  stipulations in some states where abortion beyond 20 weeks is not allowed.

However, we do need to realise that till the child is born, it is completely and totally dependent on the mother. The mother feeds and nurtures the baby with her own blood. The child cannot even breathe by itself. It is possible that the mother might not have enough resources to keep going, to keep providing for the baby. Could be that the mother has more responsibilities, more children to look after, and perhaps she was not in a position to provide for another child. Or her own life could be in danger and that could be a reason for abortion.

In earlier days, more women died from childbirth leaving her other kids to fend for themselves simply because she had no other choice. No family planning method is 100% safe, accidents happen. I am not even going into teenage issues, sexual abuse etc etc.

As for giving birth and putting up for adoption - well, the truth is that there are thousands and thousands of homeless children around the world who never get adopted - it would only add to the misery of the kid as well as the mother.

Because abortion IS the most painful choice a woman can make - it's better not to make judgements.......

I was not planning to post here because after becoming a mother I have change of opinion in several matters including abortion in third trimester. But I couldn't help myself from posting after reading about giving birth to leave it in a adoption home.

Though I think it is a mother's choice to decide to keep the baby or not I am againt abortions in third trimester. It could be personal because I have seen baby moving actively, jumping and even responding to music and what a mom talks. I find it cruel if a mother suddenly decides to abort it in the third trimester without any valid reasons.

Now giving birth to an unwanted child and putting it up for adoption is equally cruel. The world is full of such unwanted children, why to add more?

This is one debate where I can't debate on one side. But coming back to the main topic, I am against 3 rd trimester abortion. I find it cruel.

raunaq thumbnail
mittijalebi, i used to think its very easy to take care of the baby, but when i see mum juggling their tasks including kids, its a very tough job. you feel pity for taking those innocent kids who are not born yet, i feel pity on those innocent kids when i see them being beaten up by frustrated parents in a public transport or when you are waiting outside somewhere. i am not saying that frustration is due to these kids being born but having an unwanted kid adds to the elements of frustrations and can sometimes lead to abuse of the kids by such kind of parents. what will happen? child ends up in foster care, more problem, you dont know if the mother is happy or the child is happy.why the kid should go through the torture of having a bad childhood just because the mother didnt want to have kid and now she has added problems with her. its not fair either on the kid or the mother. i might be wrong too but so far this is my opinion.Edited by raunaq - 17 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: mittijalebi

utterly ridiculous.  what fault is it of the child that its unwanted?  anyways, i'm outnumbered.  i got nothing more to add. 

I'm not saying it's the fault of the foetus that it's unwanted, circumstances made it so. And whatever it maybe, the fact still remains that the pregnancy is undesirable to the mother.😊

You're outnumbered, want me to fight for you.😃 Ok, here's the first reason. In both abortion and giving up the baby for adoption, the mother faces emotional scar. So, that remaining same, in case of adoption atleast a life gets saved. Obviously that makes giving birth and then giving up the baby for adoption a better choice.

As for the argument that even if the mother gives up the baby for adoption she still has to incur expenses during her pregnancy and for her delivery, the fact is that she will incur costs even for this abortion process, which maybe even higher than the normal abortion fees. And since she has only three months of pregnancy left anyway, she can easily manage with this money, only thing she'll have to skip the high end check-ups and all and settle for a very normal routine.

Edited by souro - 17 years ago

Originally posted by: raunaq

mittijalebi, i used to think its very easy to take care of the baby, but when i see mum juggling their tasks including kids, its a very tough job. you feel pity for taking those innocent kids who are not born yet, i feel pity on those innocent kids when i see them being beaten up by frustrated parents in a public transport or when you are waiting outside somewhere. i am not saying that frustration is due to these kids being born but having an unwanted kid adds to the elements of frustrations and can sometimes lead to abuse of the kids by such kind of parents. what will happen? child ends up in foster care, more problem, you dont know if the mother is happy or the child is happy.why the kid should go through the torture of having a bad childhood just because the mother didnt want to have kid and now she has added problems with her and this kid. its not fair either on the kid or the mother. i might be wrong too but so far this is my opinion.

Raunaq, The question is directed at another member still I would like to answer it. I agree that it is indeed sad to see parents abusinig and cursing because they can't juggle home and work and try hard to meet their ends. 

Now you argue that a baby (in 3rd trimester it is not a fetus but almost a baby) in the womb doesn't have a voice. Even a newborn doesn't have a voice. It is parents who decide for them so do they have the right to wring their neck just after birth because they suddenly found out that they can't take care of the baby? So what if baby is breathing fresh air? It still can't speak for himself.  

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Maya_M

I was not planning to post here because after becoming a mother I have change of opinion in several matters including abortion in third trimester. But I couldn't help myself from posting after reading about giving birth to leave it in a adoption home.

Though I think it is a mother's choice to decide to keep the baby or not I am againt abortions in third trimester. It could be personal because I have seen baby moving actively, jumping and even responding to music and what a mom talks. I find it cruel if a mother suddenly decides to abort it in the third trimester without any valid reasons.

Now giving birth to an unwanted child and putting it up for adoption is equally cruel. The world is full of such unwanted children, why to add more?

This is one debate where I can't debate on one side. But coming back to the main topic, I am against 3 rd trimester abortion. I find it cruel.

Although I am pro-choice and do believe in mother's right to make that decision but I am in agreement and same dilemna as you are Maya Memsaab 😳. 

If they all just followed either having no sex or proper way of birth control than we would not be having these issues and debates.

It is a lose-lose situation in my opinion 😭

SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maya_M

Agree with you, Maya. It was unnerving reading the link

~*MaNnU*~ thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Although I am pro-choice and do believe in mother's right to make that decision but I am in agreement and same dilemna as you are Maya Memsaab 😳. 

If they all just followed either having no sex or proper way of birth control than we would not be having these issues and debates.

and what if the mother was forced to have sex..and she becumz pregnant...then??

mermaid_QT thumbnail
jalebi, don't feel bad for being outnumbered. Do you think I am ecstatic about these late abortions? My friend had a miscarriage that we took care of and it is one of the saddest site that does not go away from my mind. I personally am very strongly against late abortions too. All I am saying it that IF THE MOM is convinced, that is the only option, in spite of counseling, guidance and support, one must not judge her. She is the mom and hers is a much bigger loss and sacrifice. If she did not abort early, she dearly wanted to have the baby. What is the PAIN, the ANGUISH that made her so strong, in her weakest moment of deciding to let it go?
do you really think she is not aware that it will cry for her, she will comfort her when he / she shivers, she will feed when he/ she is hungry? would she not be ecstatic to know how HER heartbeats will be remembered by the kid.. and how SHE would mean the world to the baby?  all that just a few months away and what makes her ready to let it go.. 
Do you begin to see the sadness?? Or do you still find it so selfish that she should be judged?    Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
Originally posted by: Dabulls23

I still have no problem in aborting the fetus. But aborting a fully grown baby (8th month it is fully grown and I know few ladies who have delivered in 8th month without any complications) is not acceptable for me. Though I won't judge anyone doing that but I can't relate to that lady. 😔