Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

IIFA AWARDS 2007 TECH. AWARDS ANNOUNCED

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

dazzlingdesi

IF-Dazzler

dazzlingdesi

Posted: 23 April 2007 at 4:11pm | IP Logged

Patriotic sentiments and emotional awakening of RANG DE BASANTI stood out, as the winners of technical awards for the 8th Idea IIFA awards were announced.

Rakyesh Omprakash Mehra's acclaimed film picked up a whopping seven awards- Best Cinematography for Binod Pradhan, Best Editing for P.S. Bharathi, Best Art Direction for Samir Chanda, Best Background score & Best Song Recording for A R Rehman, Best Sound Recording for Nakul Kamte and Best Sound Re-recording for Hitendra Gosh.

Reacting to the announcement an elated Rakyesh Omprakash Mehra said, "I am overwhelmed with the response that RANG DE BASANTI has generated. The awards in the technical category truly encourage and applaud the excellence of people who work behind the scene in making a film so successful. I would like to thank my fans across India and the world and the IIFA platform for appreciating our film."

Close behind came Rakesh Roshan's KRRISH a story of India's first ever super hero that bagged two awards: best action for Tony Siutung, Shyam Kushal and best special effects (Visuals) EFX studios. DHOOM 2, an extravagant visual delight that captivated audiences with Hrithik Roshan's diverse looks to the breathtaking locales in sixteen reels grabbed the awards for best costume designing by Anaita Adajania and best make up for G A James for Hrithik Roshan's distinctive and unusual looks.

OMKARA, Vishal Bhardwaj's interpretation of William Shakespeare's classic, 'Othello' that took us straight into the heartland of India where, politics and power equations are bread and butter of the inhabitants has picked the award for 'Beedi Jalaile' in the category of best choreography for Ganesh Acharya.

The trophies will be presented at the 8th IDEA IIFA awards ceremony to be held on 9th June, 2007 Yorkshire.

The announcements were made following an industry voting audited by PriceWatehouse Coopers, the auditing firm for the IIFAs and the Oscars. Fans from India and across the globe voted online for their favorite movies and performers of the year

The voting started on the 3rd of April and there have been thousands of Cinema lovers who exercised their votes. The Idea IIFA Awards is the only event that invites viewers from across the world to decide the best performances in Indian Cinema.

The IIFA Weekend is a four-day extravaganza, taking place from the 7th-10th June 2007 with events in Leeds, Bradford, Hull, York and London. The weekend will include business forums, film premieres, workshops, a glitzy awards ceremony and fund-raising events for charity. The events in totality are expected to boost tourism in the host region, Yorkshire, by more than 9.5m and set to attract 28,000 visitors from all over the world.

Wizcraft International Entertainment, India's leading event management company is dedicated to showcasing its expertise on the world stage. Having begun its operations in 1988, Wizcraft has conceptualized and produced events staged in Mauritius, UK, New York, Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa, Iraq, Australia and Sri Lanka among others.

Wizcraft's clientele comprise leading global corporates, governments of various countries and leading international entertainment and sports associations and celebrities. The company is focused on providing Global Event Management Solutions at the doorstep of its clients.

Source: Glamsham

Edited by dazzlingdesi - 23 April 2007 at 4:12pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "IIFA AWARDS 2007 TECH. AWARDS ANNOUNCED" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Bansari7

IF-Dazzler

Bansari7

Posted: 23 April 2007 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
yay!!!!!! Krrish got many awards!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy!!!!!!

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
LRMB should have gotten something..it was the best film last year even better than RDB for me... Ouch (thank god KANK didnt bag anything} LOL

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 24 April 2007 at 7:04pm

dazzlingdesi

IF-Dazzler

dazzlingdesi

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 7:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

LRMB should have gotten something..it was the best film last year even better than RDB for me... Ouch (thank god KANK didnt bag anything} LOL

These are just the technical awards....but ya I agree KANK getting any award is like Confused

~Rashi~

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 24 April 2007 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dazzlingdesi

Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

These are just the technical awards....but ya I agree KANK getting any award is like Confused

~Rashi~

i know...hopefully LRMB will win some popular ones...I feel it shud have been send to the OscarsEmbarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top