Finally, new team members

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sp_2012

IF-Dazzler

sp_2012

Posted: 20 April 2007 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
Click to enlarge photo
New Delhi: The Team India dressing room in Bangladesh will feature some fresh faces and some familiar ones.

But there is a common thread running through the young blood chosen for the tour. They know they sit on the cusp of a unique opportunity: to emerge as heroes when the country desperately seeks some.

Manoj Tiwary was the cornerstone of Bengal's Ranji Trophy run that saw them reach the final of India's premier domestic tournament this year. The 24-year-old has been spoken of highly and now has the chance to live his dream.

"My childhood dream has been to play for India, and play consistently; not to just go there and play one match and come back. I want to be a successful cricketer for India," Tiwary told CNN-IBN.

On Piyush Chawla's young shoulders rests the huge weight of succeeding Anil Kumble as India's leg-spinning future. He will have to wait for a go in the Test arena but has his opportunity now in coloured clothing.

"People say that I'm the substitute for Anil Kumble. It feels great, but at the same moment I was just concentrating on my game. Like I'm playing the Ranji Trophy or Under-19s, whenever I get the chance, I see what happens there," teenager Chawla says.

At 28, Ramesh Powar has been the 'nearly man' for a while, waiting beneath the huge wings of Kumble and Harbhajan. Now he has a shot at making his own place in the sun; in both Tests and one-dayers.

"I will always try and perform better to cement my place in the Indian team," Powar says.

The India team sheet in Bangladesh will feature some desperate young men, keen to set off on their international journey with hope and passion.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Rock_StarYahoo2kothra

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Finally, new team members" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Howlarious

IF-Addictz

Howlarious

Posted: 21 April 2007 at 12:56am | IP Logged
Yes well thats whats looking to the future is about..new young players who are keen to learn

nightangel

IF-Sizzlerz

nightangel

Posted: 21 April 2007 at 2:35am | IP Logged
hope dhy play well Tongue

atohani99

IF-Rockerz

atohani99

Posted: 21 April 2007 at 3:09am | IP Logged
It was a good idea to bring fresh faces 2 the team, some where starting to get stale. But now they need to show they r good enough to b there

farisss4

IF-Dazzler

farisss4

Posted: 21 April 2007 at 5:40am | IP Logged
dis is good..india should perform well nnow i think... Tongue

RonnieK

IF-Rockerz

RonnieK

Posted: 21 April 2007 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
wpw great
good luck to them

Jai Bharat

kothra

IF-Stunnerz

kothra

Posted: 21 April 2007 at 4:09pm | IP Logged

Wow..cool..

Atlast will see some new faces

atohani99

IF-Rockerz

atohani99

Posted: 21 April 2007 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
Yeah one thing we will def get it, is some more hungar and enthusaisum.

Also they should b better in the field, and therefore save more runs, making it easier for the batting

Post Reply New Post

Go to top