Bindi - Tradition or Fashion.. - Page 7

Posted: 17 years ago
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

I know, when i expressed similar intentions ( 6 holes on each ear lobe) my mom said, "kyon gharmein chhalnee hai hai chai ke liye? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† mere se le lo"

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† my mom told me that it's hard enough affording gold for regular piercings....and here you are asking for something that will cost me six times more than what I have to spend right now.....NO WAY.....πŸ˜†

Originally posted by Gauri_3

I am like cutie and dabs too I wear sindoor, bindi, and other zevar when I have Indian attire on.....but my nose is not pierced......so ek ashiq toh yahin kam ho gaya 😭 ...... πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Thanks dear I love you for your compliments πŸ˜›

Don't worry abt your nose not being pierced.  I will make up for that with my next nose piercing dear πŸ˜†

Originally posted by Gauri_3

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† my mom told me that it's hard enough affording gold for regular piercings....and here you are asking for something that will cost me six times more than what I have to spend right now.....NO WAY.....πŸ˜†

No Gold dear. After certain age we DO NOT wear gold.  That is why they have Diamonds.  Diamonds are much more affordable than Gold these days and They are valued much more than gold. πŸ˜ƒ 

Originally posted by raj5000

🀣 πŸ˜†can watch chand also on karva chouth.. thru ears πŸ˜†

So once you get married will do the Karva Chouth if she has ears which are like Chharnee??  Remember she might be looking for 7 pairs of solitair diamonds if she is anything like MOI πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

@ GAURI - LOL, no, i dont have a noce pircing either. i already smell too much with two nostrils πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
i do like the cutest nath my mom gave me 😳 it is a press-on.

@ RAJ, ROTFL..  ermmm  πŸ€”.. do men watch the chand thru thali??  dude, how can i watch thru my own ears? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago

LOL, i dont have a noce pircing either. i already smell too much with two nostrils πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

@ Nostrills 🀣

Wow Press on and Press off eh πŸ˜† I have traditional Maharashtrian Nath and Nav Vaari saree too 😳 I just love it.

I love all traditional things very much.  I am modern but traditional at the same time.

Originally posted by uknaik99

Hi FriendsThese days I am noticing that most of the Leading ladies in Television serial whether married or unmarried are not putting Bindis and even married ones are not putting sindur, there was a time some characters were Known by their trade mark Bindi for example - Komolika in Kasuti, Parvati in KGGK and Ramola of course...So I posted few threads asking whether it is new trend in India??? so most of the comments came saying it is out of fashion or time has changed....I live in USA still Bindi everyday is must for me.. and being a south Indian I always thought that Bindi is symobol of Hindu woman whether married or unmarried..So my question is is Bindi is symbol of tradition or it is just a trend n part of fashion??

Having bindi on forehead has lot of meaning to it...In olden days, even for men Bindi was compulsory...Having a bindi on forehead suggests that the person is learned and knowledgeable...My dad told me that a bindi helps retain the energy in the body as the area between the eyebrows is a seat of latent wisdom...

Whether married or unmarried, bindi is a must in some traditions...I absolutely love wearing bindi of different variety and colors...Edited by raksha.l - 17 years ago

@ GAURI - LOL, no, i dont have a noce pircing either. i already smell too much with two nostrils πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

@ RAJ, ROTFL..  ermmm  πŸ€”.. do men watch the chand thru thali??  dude, how can i watch thru my own ears? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† @ your smell thingy.....my mom gave me a press on nath too😳 but it did hurt like hell by the time all rasmey were done

Originally posted by Dabulls23

Thanks dear I love you for your compliments πŸ˜›

Don't worry abt your nose not being pierced.  I will make up for that with my next nose piercing dear πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† and also remember to walk one more round along your bock sweetie....I need to loose 5 pounds asap😳....πŸ˜†...jeeju ki toh watt laga di aap neyπŸ˜†

Originally posted by Dabulls23

So once you get married will do the Karva Chouth if she has ears which are like Chharnee??  Remember she might be looking for 7 pairs of solitair diamonds if she is anything like MOI πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Arrey yaar I meant One can watch chand thru your ears... or anyone's ears having so many piercing....πŸ˜›

7 pairs of diamonds... ohh I can convince her she's got kohinoor ka hira why bother for solitairs .. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†