Does technology rules man?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Hello friends😃

This is the first time I am posting here😳 I am never good with debates but I really enjoy reading them😊

Today in my Journalism class, we were debating on " How tecnology rules man or vice versa?" I really enjoyed the debate and wanted to hear your views on this topic.

Do you guys think that in today's world, i.e., 21st century, "Is technology ruling us?" or "Are we ruling tecnology?"

Hope you guys reply😳

we rule technologhy

becuase i we did not build technology then it would be as upgradee as now

but on the other other hand sumetimes technology cn win
I think Technology rules the world. Look in day to day how much a being has become dependant on technology. Yes we created it with our super brain but we ourself are guilty of getting tech. to be such an important part of our lives. In days to come all our decisions would be surely be influenced keeping technologies in mind.
Originally posted by ~*Manshi*~

Hello friends😃

This is the first time I am posting here😳 I am never good with debates but I really enjoy reading them😊

Today in my Journalism class, we were debating on " How tecnology rules man or vice versa?" I really enjoyed the debate and wanted to hear your views on this topic.

Do you guys think that in today's world, i.e., 21st century, "Is technology ruling us?" or "Are we ruling tecnology?"

Hope you guys reply😳

yes Technology does rule us, Technology controls a lot of things in life for us, gas supplies to home, electricity, fresh water etc

Give you a simple example, now this is a sample from US, everyone in the developed/developing world is reaching this point

During the time of Hurricane Katrina, Most of New Orleans was flooded, small part of New Orleans was still dry, however the with fear of mass electrocultion, they cut the electricity to the entire town.

Now we dont realize how much electricity controls our lifestyle, but this showed it. The Gas range's are on electricity, the Fridge's work on electricity. 90% of the food is perishable, There are no alternative forms of cooking/making food.

after a couple of days all the food for people left in the town had gone bad. People had no alternative but to get onto street and break doors on Deli's/Grocery store's, there was mass looting.

Almost every human being in this situation will have to resort to it, but just the loss of one component of technogy, electricity brought humans to their very basic human nature, shows you how much we have become dependant on electricity

😳

Originally posted by Maya_M

😳

😆

Manshi - You can provide print outs to folks who participated or participating in this debate.